Lisen2Reason
kp17

The US Gov't should put more funds towards NASA

Lisen2Reason

Pro

In this debate I will be debating the need for NASA to have more funds to further the reach of mankind.
kp17

Con

I believe that the government should not put more funds towards NASA. There are other things that our government needs to fund like the cure to cancer, and many other medical ventures that will save peoples lives. I believe that the time wil come when the government should fund more for NASA. I think now is NOT the time for funding. Simply, our spacecraft is not advanced enough to reach locations with extraterrestrial life. Leave the research to develop these technologies to companies like Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and SpaceX. Elon Musk successfully created a reusable rocket that will make space travel cheaper. So for the time being, let the private sector deal with research and development, and leave the work for NASA to launch and plan flights, if any work at all for NASA. Also, lets consider that when we do encounter extraterrestrial iife, what next? How does this benefit us as a human race? Now, I could ramble on about science fiction mumbo jumbo about how this alien life could possibly spread some sort of sickness and wipeout the human race, but I will not. It can most definately happen though. So, does the knowledge of knowing that there is extraterrestrial life make humans better? Therefore, I do not believe that the US government should put more funds towards NASA.
Lisen2Reason

Pro

I understand what your saying but you are thinking more long term with the extra terrestrial life and all that but I was thinking more funds for more practical reasons like resource gathering from the moon and the exploration of mars because on the moon there is a resource know as helium 3 which is here on earth but lacking but on there moon there is plenty which could help with any energy crisis now im not saying its the answer to all prayers in the energy crisis but its a start. Now lets move on to mars, mars is a dead derelict planet or so we thought it has water and o2 but in very low amounts because of its weak atmosphere and low pressure but if there was funding to pollute the planet we could very well turn mars into a livable planet along with some of the moons of Jupiter/Saturn which some have their own atmospheres and one even has water and maybe even life under its thick ice shelf (Europa). We already have the technology to do all of these things NASA only needs the money and they could make discoveries that could change mankind and make history.
kp17

Con

kp17 forfeited this round.
kp17

Con

kp17 forfeited this round.
kp17

Con

kp17 forfeited this round.
Lisen2Reason

Pro

Lisen2Reason forfeited this round.
kp17

Con

kp17 forfeited this round.