DrCereal
Rjupudi18

The US Should Have Vetoed UN RES 2334

Rjupudi18 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

DrCereal

Con

Clarification:
-Res. 2334 is a resolution from the U.N. that actively condemns Israel's settlements of Palestinian land. (see 1)

Please do not open your argument in Round 1. This is only an acceptance round.

-Sources:
1. "http://www.un.org...(2016)"

NOTE: You may struggle with opening the link, the "(2016)" is a part of it, but the website isn't recognizing that. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Rjupudi18

Pro

DrCereal

Con

Position
My position on the issue should be quite obvious.

I agree with the choice made by America to abstain on Resolution 2334 (I would even argue that they should have voted in support of the resolution).

Reasoning
My reasoning should also be quite apparent:
  • Israel is currently violating multiple U.N. resolutions as well as an article within the Geneva Conventions by settling (and occupying) Palestinian land.
    • No country should be allowed to violate international law.
  • Continuing to occupy Palestine will further increase tensions between the two states, further weakening a future hope for peace.
    • This further hurts Israel (as well as Palestine) because a state of war will exist for a longer period of time, and clearly a prolonged war would cause even more suffering and misery for the citizens of both states.

With as little research as I have put into this topic, this is my current position and reasoning. Please try to persuade me out of it; I'm willing to listen to anything you have to say in opposition.

Posted by DrCereal 1 year ago
DrCereal
My "Reasoning" section should be organized with bullet points, but they are not appearing for some reason. The structure of the section remains the same, and my points have not lost their meaning. Sorry for any confusion.
Posted by Plasmawipes 1 year ago
Plasmawipes
to my christian brethren;

I honestly hate this planet as in the fallen state of man and this world. I hate that I have to live in a race of people that are treated like second class citizens, no matter how good we are and respectable we are to the white race. They always label us as criminals, uneducated, lower than animals, and some believe we don't have a soul.

I trust in God and loathe for the day when the new heaven and the new earth is established, so anything that will bring or cause Jesus to return to earth to rapture the church I am for it. In my imperfections I have been waiting patiently for the return the Lord Jesus Christ. I believe that I am going to either be dead in Christ or alive in Christ to meet the Lord Jesus in the air. I have no hatred for white people even though in this day in age I have been racially profiled by white people for the color of my skin.

I know that biblically speaking its not wise to play around with God's chosen people the "Israelites" and their land but at the same time, I feel if it will bring Jesus back so I can leave this fallen world so be it and I hope the anti-christ whoever he is makes his appearance real soon.
Posted by DrCereal 1 year ago
DrCereal
@evan Yeah, I don't know if anyone is going to really argue against their decision. I just posted this to see if anyone would. :P
Posted by evanjfarrar 1 year ago
evanjfarrar
I would actually argue that they should have voted for the resolution.