Spartan136
ras2000

The US federal government should make voting mandatory

Spartan136

Con

Should the us make voting a law?You decide why it should be! I am new to debate.org and would love to have a nice debate with anyone! Not to mention, i am also in debate at school.
ras2000

Pro

Voting must be a law because some people know who to vote for but don't have the time or cause of all the big lines, so they should make more voting posts. I think no one will have a problem with it.
Spartan136

Con

Thank you for debating with me!
So you say voting MUST be a law?I would like you to explain why it MUST be a law. Think of all the illeterate 18 year olds that may be forced to vote if we implement a law that makes voting compulsory
ras2000

Pro

ras2000 forfeited this round.
Spartan136

Con

Well, i wonder why my opponent forfited?
ras2000

Pro

ras2000 forfeited this round.
Posted by SilverXD 5 years ago
SilverXD
Its actually a bad idea, most people don't know what politicians' platform are. If you force people who don't care nor do they bother to get informed to vote, they would likely vote for whoever seems "better-looking" to them or whoever has a "nicer-name". Choices won't be made on actual reasonable ideals but on "feelings".
For this law to work, you'd also have to add a way to make that people know what each contestant position is.