ChosenWolff
Dynasty2468

The US government should distribute federal farm land to the poor

ChosenWolff
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

ChosenWolff

Pro

First round is acceptance. I will be arguing that federal lands should be distributed for use to the poor. These lands will not be in the possession of the people, but the government. People will use these lands as a source of income, and will be administered by the BLM.

Dynasty2468

Con

ChosenWolff

Pro

I. The BLM, USDA, NFS, and FWS hold plenty of unused land

The Bereau of Land Management and US Department of Agriculture, hold 100's of millions in acres of land. As most people know, when the US government attains property, the government puts it up for sale like any other transaction. The US government is sitting on these acres of land, and what are they being used for? Absolutely nothing!

That's right, this land is being say upon for future development, although it could be used now.

II. 6% unemployment with no earned income

Right now, over 6% of Americans are not earning any income. This is a serious problem, and a economy isn't healthy if it isn't sitting around 4% at minimum. These acres of land are being unused, and we have people hurt now. I strongly contend that these people should be given land held by the US federal beauracracies. That way, they will be able to earn income, recieve justifable welfare, and begin to pay their taxes.

III. The USFG can still administer distributed lands

I do fully acknowledge the importance of preserving land for future development and extraction, but the hard fact is, we don't have the money, resources, or investors to make full use of all the deposits were sitting on. With that said, there is no reason US citizens can't be distributed land and still have that land controlled by the federal government.

We can easily lease free land to our people, and claim it back later, once its needed. Can my opponent provide any evidence to the contrary?

IV. Why hasn't this already happened

I am only bringing this point up to deter my opponent from making a "why don't they now" argument this round. I'll tell you why. Because big sharecropping companies like Kelloggs and Tyson fear having millions of workers operating private farms for free. It creates competition, which helps the economy. They do not like competition, as it hurts them.

The only reason this hasn't passed, is because the US corporate lobbies prevented it from happening. This initiative would produce billions in revenue through levies by the US, and will stir economic competition among US corporates. This wont cure unemployment, but it will ensure that there is always a job oppurtunity, whether it be fishing, ranching, or farming. All at no expense to the US government or the people.

Thanks for the debate! Cheers!
Dynasty2468

Con

Dynasty2468 forfeited this round.
ChosenWolff

Pro

My opponent seems to have embraced the firm and careing hand of Socialism. Declare allegiance to Generalissimo Wolff, your ruler and master.
Dynasty2468

Con

Dynasty2468 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
ChosenWolffDynasty2468
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by XLAV 2 years ago
XLAV
ChosenWolffDynasty2468
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: FF.
Vote Placed by Kc1999 2 years ago
Kc1999
ChosenWolffDynasty2468
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Self explanatory.