CorinneSeagriff
KikoSanchez182

The US government should legalize homosexual marriage.

CorinneSeagriff

Pro

Marriage is a social union between two people in love, no one should be denied these rights.
KikoSanchez182

Con

I would like to amend our definition. Marriage is also a legally bound union, not just social.

My opponent argues that "no one" should be denied this "right". First, many people should be denied such an opportunity. I would not think it reasonable to allow a 5 year old to marry any person, no matter their subjective feelings of love (and they are all subjective). Therefore, my opponent is wrong that any person should be allowed to marry. Secondly, marriage is not a right. All legal rights are defined in the constitution, to which marriage is not enumerated. Marriage is a good or ability of certain humans, but it is not an inalienable right for any human.

By definition, my opponent is arguing for a very tough position and a right which does not exist within the US, going by its very own documents.
CorinneSeagriff

Pro

CorinneSeagriff forfeited this round.
KikoSanchez182

Con

As my opponent did not expound on his argument in the 2nd round, I have nothing to rebuttal at the moment.
CorinneSeagriff

Pro

CorinneSeagriff forfeited this round.
KikoSanchez182

Con

Vote for con, as pro has given no argument.
Posted by Jallen289 6 years ago
Jallen289
Subjects like this, and abortion, I have found are really difficult to debate. People are not going to change their minds regardless of what happens. Either way, good luck in your debate.