fredman15
wmpeebles

The US has the strongest military

fredman15

Pro

Hello Iam freddie and i would like to say theat the United States has the strongest in the world we have always had the strongest military we have never lost a war and our technology is supierior to other nations we made the first atomic bomb and we have the most nuclear weapons
wmpeebles

Con

Thank you for this debate. I would agree that the U.S. has a strong military, but I would not agree that it has the strongest military.

"A military is an organization authorized to use force, usually including use of weapons, in defending its country by combating actual or perceived threats." - Wikipedia

"...we have never lost a war"

Yes we have, it was called the Vietnam War [1].

"...our technology is supierior to other nations"

What technology are you talking about?

"...we made the first atomic bomb and we have the most nuclear weapons"

We did make the first atomic bomb along with the cooperation of Canada & Great Britain. But we don't have the most nuclear weapons, Russia does [2].

Therefore the U.S. does not have the strongest military since my opponent has not provided a valid reason that the U.S. does.

1. http://www.historycentral.com...
2. http://www.fas.org...
fredman15

Pro

Ok you like other people say we lost the vietnam war but you see we apromixatly lost 59,000 soldigers in vetname now the vietnemse lost 3.8 Million solidger ok so we were stright up beasting them but you see after a while we just pulled out of there there was no surrender from either sides we just left so lets relate this to an example in WW2 we went to germany we were straight up beasting the germans but they were killing us to just like we were doing with the vietamese so if we just left germany are you saying we lost to germany to no because if we just left we did not lose we jus got out of there and also America has the most advance technology in the world let me givre you an example America landed on the moon in 1968 we have been the only country in the world to step foot (or have a man walk on the moon) now other nations has set up probes up there but no toher natioon has walk on the moon so that proves that america has more advance technology than any of the 194 countriues around the world

http://mattsteinglass.wordpress.com...
http://www.answerbag.com...

these are my sources
wmpeebles

Con

Just because supposedly we had lost less soldiers mean that we won? We were in the war, but after we withdrew all of our troops from Vietnam, South Vietnam was forced to fight for itself. In the end, communist forces got what they were fighting for "they had toppled the Saigon regime". So, I would think that because we did not help South Vietnam win the war till the end of it, it allowed communist forces to win, and therefore we lost the war. [1]

Just because we were able to go to the moon does not mean that we have the strongest military. If the U.S. had the thinnest TVs, does that mean we have the strongest military? I think not.

My opponent has no reason for me to believe that we do have the strongest military. He has the burden of proof in this debate and he must show me why the U.S. has the strongest military. As of yet, he does not convince me.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org...
fredman15

Pro

no we never lost the vietnam war because we never surrendeered when we left it became a war between north and south vietnam before it was a war between north south vietnam and also the USA now while we was there and the north conqured south vietnam then you can say we lost cause we would have surrendered but we never surrenered at all so therefore north vietnam did not beat US (THE BEAT SOUTH VIETNAM BUT NOT US) or we did not beat north vietnam. ok if we do not have the strongest military in the world how come all countires in the world turn to us when they are in trouble or in a promblem or being threated by another country if another country is bullying them they run to us and we always go help them why don't they turn to russia or china no because they have faith in us because we are the strongest military in the world and man iam not trying to be mean or anything but your source is wikipedia man anybody can go in there and change stuff around you could be using false information and people are trying to belive you and you are using false informatoin you could be posting the wrong information up here on the debate
wmpeebles

Con

"no we never lost the vietnam war because we never surrendeered when we left it became a war between north and south vietnam before it was a war between north south vietnam and also the USA now while we was there and the north conqured south vietnam then you can say we lost cause we would have surrendered but we never surrenered at all so therefore north vietnam did not beat US (THE BEAT SOUTH VIETNAM BUT NOT US) or we did not beat north vietnam.... man iam not trying to be mean or anything but your source is wikipedia man anybody can go in there and change stuff around you could be using false information and people are trying to belive you and you are using false informatoin you could be posting the wrong information up here on the debate"

Well at least I used a source. You could be making it up, so show me the proof.

"if we do not have the strongest military in the world how come all countires in the world turn to us when they are in trouble or in a promblem or being threated by another country if another country is bullying them they run to us and we always go help them why don't they turn to russia or china no because they have faith in us because we are the strongest military in the world"

Really? Because I don't remember if North Korea has ever asked us for help, but prove me wrong. I don't know if you're making this all up since you don't have any sources to back up your statements.

So, prove to me that the US has the strongest military in the world. Right now you have no proof.
fredman15

Pro

fredman15 forfeited this round.
wmpeebles

Con

I await my opponent's response.
fredman15

Pro

fredman15 forfeited this round.
wmpeebles

Con

My opponent had the burden of proof in the debate and he had to prove that the US has the strongest military. My opponent said a few things, but he did not prove his statements to be correct when I asked him. He did not prove that the US has the strongest military, and he could have been lying, or making absurd claims.

He did not prove anything to be correct and therefore you should vote Con!
Posted by wjmelements 6 years ago
wjmelements
Conduct: Forfeits, ergo CON.
Grammar: Look at Round 1. CON.
Arguments: Multiple forfeits + BOP + no convincing arguments = CON
Sources: 2 (blog and answerbag) to 3 (Wikipedia, Federation of American Scientists, History Central), ergo CON.
Posted by Bluhar 6 years ago
Bluhar
The US is the best because:
1. We Have the best long range fighter jet in the World The F-22 Raptor other nations are as much as a decade behind us in fighter jets.
2.We have the only operational Super carriers in the universe.
3. We have the only nuclear powered aircraft carrier barring the French's lone carrier
4.We spend more on our military then the rest of the world combined.
5. The threat is no longer WW3 as WW3 would mean the end of the world so there would be no point in winning it. So who is best equiped to fight the small guerrilla warfare of the taliban and Al Queda well right now it is the USA. This would change if some how we got rid of all the nuclear weapons on the Planet, but that isn't happening any time this century.
6.Who is there to compete for the top Military Power? If the European Union combined to be a force maybe, but even then it would need money for the war, they would have to print it themselves, if they are in a war without the US they will have to be sided with the east as there is no place to borrow money from. Plus, who is Europe depending on for its next generation of fighter jets, well the USA of course with its f-35 which can be beaten with the f-22. France only has one aircraft carrier. Britain is still building its first super carrier. Russia, well I would find them less of a threat then Europe except for the fact of all the nuclear weapons stock piles. They aren't going to have there next gen fighters for at least another 6-12 years, and they have one aircraft carrier that could means they are about as good as france in this battle. Where they do have an advantage over is numbers Like soldier numbers! But in a WW3 type of battle nuclear weapons will silence the cry of soldiers running across a battlefield. Now it will be secret paratroopers landing in citys capturing them one by one. Unless the enemy is hasty enough to bomb its own citys. Who has the best paratroopers and commandos well I don't know, but I think its the w
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
How long is the responce time? If it can be finished tomorrow I think I can/will take it. Unless someoen else does first.
Posted by wjmelements 6 years ago
wjmelements
I don't care if our military is the strongest. At this point in time, it just means we're wasting the most resources.
Posted by LaissezFaire 6 years ago
LaissezFaire
Well, not completely right.
"we have always had the strongest military" "we have never lost a war" "we have the most nuclear weapons"
Posted by Grape 6 years ago
Grape
Will the fact that he is completely right prevent me from taking this? Maybe, maybe not...
Vote Placed by Awed 6 years ago
Awed
fredman15wmpeeblesTied
Vote Placed by fredman15 6 years ago
fredman15
fredman15wmpeeblesTied
Vote Placed by wjmelements 6 years ago
wjmelements
fredman15wmpeeblesTied