imabench
jamer12

The US should deport elderly people, not illegal immigrants

imabench

imabench

Pro

I believe that the US should change its policy of deporting Illegal immigrants to one where the US deports elderly people instead.

First round acceptance only.
4 rounds, 2000 characters
Expect hilarious arguments ;D
jamer12

Con

I accept the challenge.
imabench

Pro

Reasons why the US should deport elderly people and not illegal immigrants:

1) Illegal immigrants actually work, elderly people dont.

Like seriously, you can get an illegal immigrant to work for next to nothing while elderly people dont work at all. There is a lot of data suggesting that illegal immigrants have a neutral impact on the economy due to low wages and paying for stuff they cant have access to use, while the elderly are the biggest ripoffs in the equation!

2) Its way easier to catch the elderly than illegal immigrants

Lets be honest, Illegal immigrants are fast little bastards who are also pretty crafty. We've sunk billions into a border wall and border patrol, yet they still pour into the country every year. Catching an elderly person on the other hand is like catching an elderly fish in a cracker-barrel, its almost too easy. The point is its way easier to catch elderly people than illegal immigrants, which means we could save a crapload of money and still be very efficient in how we do spend money catching these people

3) Its not like elderly people will remember that they were deported

If Grandma cant even remember that time she killed 8 people by driving into a Wal-Mart then she sure as hell wont remember where she lives.... That means she wont try to get back into the US if she's deported, and the same cant be said of an illegal immigrant

4) It would save the US a sh**load of money

I dont have the exact numbers to do the math, but its pretty easy to conclude that the money spent on border patrol and deportation is simply demolished by the amount of money that is spent on social security.....

Those are my opening arguments, over to you con
jamer12

Con

"1) Illegal immigrants actually work, elderly people dont."
While I agree, elderly people have the legal right to live in the country, as they have either been born or immigrated legally to the country, elderly people have usually worked in the country their entire lives and have contributed enough to allow themselves to stay, as well as be cared for.

"2) Its way easier to catch the elderly than illegal immigrants"
This isn't really a reason, why would it be better if they were easier to "catch"? Isn't the whole idea meant to be we allow those who are legally allowed to live in the country to stay, and deport those who don't? If they are easier to "catch" that doesn't mean we should.

"3) Its not like elderly people will remember that they were deported"
I'm fairly sure if someone can't remember such an important event such as that, they need to be cared for and looked after, rather than thrown out of the country.

"4) It would save the US a sh**load of money"
A valid reason, but haven't the elderly earned the right to be looked after and cared for, after all, they have worked their entire lives and now deserve some rest, don't they? It would also save the US a lot of money to euthenize people with special needs, deport all people that are unemployed and raise taxes to ridiculous levels, does that mean we should do it?

I will now talk about why I think the elderly should not be deported, whereas illegal immigrants should be:

Firstly, as I have already said, the elderly have usually worked their entire lives in benefit to the country, society and have earned the respect to be looked after, rather than thrown out. In comparison, illegal immigrants don't even respect the law of the country they are in, simply by staying, how can we allow people to just come into the country without reason? If we just allowed it the consequences would be a overworked infrastructure, more unemployment and many more detremental factors to the country.
imabench

Pro

1) Illegals work, elderly don't

"While I agree"

Concession

"elderly people have the legal right to live in the country"

I'm arguing that it doesn't matter, and that its better off for the country if they are deported instead if illegal immigrants
.
.
.
.
.

"This isn't really a reason, why would it be better if they were easier to "catch"?"

Because then we don't have to spend as much money or manpower to catch them, duh.

" If they are easier to "catch" that doesn't mean we should."

Opinion....
.
.
.
.
.

"Iif someone can't remember such an important event such as that, they need to be cared for and looked after"

And they will be looked after in Mexico (that's basically where all the household maids come from these days), the elderly will be fine in Mexico! Plus it's dry and arid as hell which is exactly the temperature that old people love.
.
.
.
.
.

"A valid reason"

Concession

" It would also save the US a lot of money to euthenize people with special needs, deport all people that are unemployed and raise taxes to ridiculous levels, does that mean we should do it?"

Probably... I mean have you even SEEN our national debt?
.
.
.
.
.
5) Other reasons

" (The elderly) have earned the respect to be looked after, rather than thrown out."

They can be looked after in Mexico since every woman in Mexico is qualified to be a maid, as Ive already explained

"how can we allow people to just come into the country without reason?"

They DO have a reason idiot, to get a better life and work for a living, rather then sit around and wait for death like the elderly do

"the consequences would be a overworked infrastructure, more unemployment and many more detremental factors to the country."

We already have all of those things thanks to the elderly though!
jamer12

Con

Yeah you're clearly either trolling or an idiot, either way I can't be bothered. You know who to vote.
imabench

Pro

I AM trolling you idiot, how'd you not pick up on that til just now?

Anyways, con forfeits, vote pro
Posted by Artur 3 years ago
Artur
buraucrat-this was euphemism, or sarcasm you may say.

but this was funny debate, made me smile :)
Posted by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
Im also not a bureaucrat of the site dude....
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
@Artur: He said he was trolling in the actual debate. It obviously was one of those, I don't know why you got confused on that.

He also won, due to cons failure to participate. Even IF this was a serious debate, Imabench won.
Posted by Artur 3 years ago
Artur
I read several comments and I realised that: imabench{PRO of this debate} is a buraucrat of this site and I guess that is why he/she has been given 64 points.

among comments, I saw this debate is for trolling.

I beg your pardon, PRO was better troll than CON. hence, in a trolling debate, PRO won this debate.

in serious debate, CON won this debate.
Posted by Artur 3 years ago
Artur
when I saw 59 comments and 16 votes I thought that this is an interesting debate, disappointment for me.

CON has won this but CON has not been voted.
Posted by Poiesis 3 years ago
Poiesis
This was hilarious. Pro took this one home. Once I noticed Con was taking this seriously I starting laughing. Con should have been paying closer attention. I knew this was a joke immediately. He shouldn't have agreed to the challenge if he didn't want to play along.

"And they will be looked after in Mexico..."
LMFAO
Posted by PeriodicPatriot 3 years ago
PeriodicPatriot
Wow, Con broke rule number 3:

"Expect hilarious arguments ;D"

But that also significants (meaning this is also proof) that this is a troll debate. You are expected hilarious arguments in troll debates. Yep, we cleared it up. I'm not using wasteful to argue with you because as you can see, time is already wasted. This sums it up.
Posted by PeriodicPatriot 3 years ago
PeriodicPatriot
"OMG ANYONE COULD HAVE WON IN CON"S POSITION! IT WAS SO EASY TO REFUTE PRO'S STATEMENTs! :("

For god sake, this is a troll debate. Imabench isn't that rude to his elders.
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN

I agree. At this point most people vote for Imabench because he is probably the most popular person on DDO.
Posted by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
Lol maybe you should challenge him.
Vote Placed by debate339 3 years ago
debate339
imabenchjamer12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: good job guys but imabench should really stop trolling
Vote Placed by Artur 3 years ago
Artur
imabenchjamer12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: this was so funny, I am not sure whether PRO is trolling or serious. but I can say from the arguements done by him/her: he/she knows nothing about the human rights, rationality and the type of governments need to be governed. in the second round, CON destroyed him/her with rational and logical arguements while PRO was trolling. [as I see, if I am wrong I apologise] the thing strange is: is there no person here who realised this? how 64 points are given to PRO?
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
imabenchjamer12Tied
Vote Placed by kawaii_crazy 3 years ago
kawaii_crazy
imabenchjamer12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: no one had any sources; pro gave more valid arguments; con "ff" third round; pro did not have very clean language and trolled
Vote Placed by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
imabenchjamer12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Hilarious debate! Conduct to Pro because of FF. Both Pro and Con had good S&G. Arguments to Pro, because from a strictly economic stand point, it would definitely make sense to deport elderly people and allow illegal immigrants. Morally, of course it is wrong, but Con didn't do a very good job of proving that; instead, he just quit. No sources were cited.
Vote Placed by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
imabenchjamer12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Even if it wasn't a troll debate, Imabench won lol.
Vote Placed by InVinoVeritas 3 years ago
InVinoVeritas
imabenchjamer12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con drops all points... and he needs to chill out.
Vote Placed by Iamthejuan 3 years ago
Iamthejuan
imabenchjamer12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I had to give it to pro, not only because he was hilarious and made actual arguments (granted the sarcasm), but also because most senior citizens are conservatives who purposely do 45 in the fast lane, and I would love to see them deported over immigrants any day.
Vote Placed by The_Master_Riddler 3 years ago
The_Master_Riddler
imabenchjamer12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the ff I think all that Neg needed to say to win was that "When you deport someone, you send them to their original country. Since elderly people's country is the US it is a circular and crazy argument to deport elderly people". That could have won him the debate. Pro had better evidence and arguments and informed the Neg about this being a trolling debate.
Vote Placed by Nyx999 3 years ago
Nyx999
imabenchjamer12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Bench, I pledge my eternal love to you. XD You're a clever delightful troll.