MentalBaby
MentalObesity

The US should invade North Korea

MentalObesity

MentalBaby

Pro

Should the United Sates of America invade the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea (DPRK, commonly known as North Korea)? In this debate, my opponent will be debating on the con side, and I will be debating on the pro side. This debate will be a civilized debate, and standard rules for debates will apply. I hope to see some good feedback in the comments section!
MentalObesity

Con

The US should not invade North Korea under any circumstances. To defend this, I will open with 2 points.
Point 1: This will start a world war. What do you think will happen when the US invades North Korea? Undoubtedly, the US will defeat North Korea in the initial invasion. After this, which countries do you expect to react to this? The US making an unprovoked attack on another country is a big thing, and other countries will inevitably be involved. What would happen when China, Russia, and US allies such as the UK get involved? There have been similar situations in the past, some of them ended up starting world wars. All of a sudden, countries from all over the world will begin choosing sides and fighting each other. This is not something that anyone would want.
Point 2: There is absolutely no reason for the US to invade North Korea. It is a fact that North Korea has threatened the US, has launched nuclear missile test flights, and have violated UN rules, but so have other countries, and this is no different. There is no threat of the nuclear missile projects in North Korea and there will never be one. With their technology, it is impossible to send missiles over the Pacific Ocean and hit the US. Other countries have also had nuclear missile test flights, and are capable of building them, but they are no threat to the US right now. It is plain silly to invade a country because of threats in the distant future. The US has a very strong army, and even if one day nuclear missiles were to be launched at the US, there would be no problem in using anti-missile defenses to shoot the nuclear missiles out of the sky.
MentalBaby

Pro

MentalBaby forfeited this round.
MentalObesity

Con

go away nerd
MentalBaby

Pro

I believe that the US should invade and take out the DPRK, aka North Korea. This debate will be very respectful. Please, I hope that I have some interesting comments.
MentalObesity

Con

wanna fite m8 i r8 8/8
Posted by Student4Life1975 2 years ago
Student4Life1975
I have to agree that the US would likely get their asses handed to them on the home soil of North Korea, and it would likely quickly escalate into a possible WW3. Seeing the track record of US invasions in the middle east, I truly think North Korea would be a entirely more difficult endeavor to accomplish.
Posted by emporer1 2 years ago
emporer1
Actually the US would fail miserably if it attempted to invade NK. NK has the worlds 2nd largest military ( after China ) A force of aproximatly 7,000,000 ( reserves included ) The US has a force of around 1,500,000 aproximatly (reserves included). On top of that, the North has the most heavily defended borders in the world with a million man standing army on the border with the south. The North also had enough border artillery to kill 1/3 of SK in 1 day. It has the worlds thickest network of AA guns and SAM sights. The North also has the world's largest Navy and Submarine force and the most technologicaly advanced anphibious invasion force. NK would be nearly impossible to invade and Kim Jong Un would be safe in his nuclear proof doomsday bunker with his finger on the trigger of 20+ nuclear bombs that could hit the south, Japan, Guam and even Hawaii. Not to mention that China, Russia, Iran and others would likely declare war on the US and back the North Koreans. America would lose that war or at Lear lose millions of soldiers. I already disagree with con that the US would win the initial invasion but I agree with the con standpoint of this argument. Invasion would cause a WWIII we would likely lose.
Vote Placed by emporer1 2 years ago
emporer1
MentalBabyMentalObesityTied
Reasons for voting decision: As I stated in my comments. The US would fail if it attempted this invasions and millions of Americans, South Koreans and Japanese would likely die as a result. WW3 would likely begin and nuclear war could ensue. It is a bad idea.