The US should legalise Affirmative Action

This is a direct challenge to Vane01.

Full Resolution

The US should legalize Affirmative Action in universities

1. Affirmative Action:
an action or policy favoring those who tend to suffer from discrimination, especially in relation to employment or education; positive discrimination.

1. Rules for Pro, Acceptance

2. Arguments

3. Rebuttals

4. Defense

5. Conclusion/ Why I won this debate

We cannot have arguments in the first round. We cannot have new arguments in the final round.

1. No forfeiting unless there are a same number of forfeits

2. No trolling

3. No plagiarism, or you have to quote it.

4. Cite sources in "Sources Category

5. No new arguments in final and beginning round

6. 2500 is min. of voting.

7. Select winner, 5 rounds, 10k

8. BoP is shared in this debate

9. Not following rules is an automatic loss

I thank my opponent. Let's have a wonderful debate!

I accept!

I thank my opponent for accepting.

Okay, this is a debate where the BOP is shared. Both sides need to say why affirmative action should be banned, or not banned. The debate topic is that the US should legalize Affirmative Action in universities. If I fill the BoP, I win. If my opponent fills the BoP, she/he wins. I will have few arguments about Affirmative Action. Even if I say blacks, I am not being racist.

I will not have different argument sections as I used to do, because there is not really lot's of sections in my arguments.

This is on eof my simplest arguments. First of all, universities has the right autonomously decide what their mission is and how they want to select students. If universities want to have a racially diverse student body because they believe that fits their mission, other students have no right to complain. These kids have no right to complain anything to the government and the universities because it is the universities choice to pick that student or not. So my main question is, why do we need to give spots to the blacks if they are not as good as the whites or the university or government does not want to pick them? The students have no right to complain to the universities.

Second of all, this actually enriches the education because racially diverse people can share a lot of different perspectives with each other compared to a single white student body.

Third, this also enables universities to create role models for racial minorities. This is especially important considering that racial minorities generally have poor educational attainments. By creating role models like Barack Obama, who was a beneficiary of affirmative action, we can encourage racial minorities to study harder.

The government has the obligation to level the playing field. Acheving racial equality is not just about equal opportunities, but also of equal results.

This also helps get rid of the racial stereotypes. When white students see racial minorties doing well in college, prior misconceptions towards them will be fixed, So, when the school forces them to integerate with each other, then they will integrate. This is a reason to vote for Pro.

Now that I have some arguments that are not all a specfic topics ended, I will debate like the usual style I did.

6. Compensatory Argument

Many supporters of affirmative action cite that such policies are needed in order to compensate for the discrimination many groups have suffered in the past. For example, there are many affirmative action policies for women in many countries. Based on the compensatory argument, this is to correct the past discrimination women have faced by men for many generations. Similarly, African Americans have been discriminated for centuries through widespread practice of slavery. Indian Americans also have been underprivileged for an extremely long time. The argument, therefore, suggest that we need to give these victims or at least their descendants they had suffered.

7. Whites are smarter than blacks.

This is another one of my simple arguments, that in average, white are smarter than blacks. I will show you two pictures, then explain to you.

The top picture shows of the race intelligence of white and blacks. As you can see, blacks are the last, and whites are second. The next picture shows of the average IQ of white and blacks. Whites are better here also.

All this is my argument for one reason. Why do universities need to pick blacks if they have worse intelligence? It is the universities choice of who they want to pick, why do we need to pick these blacks who are not intelligent? There is no reason. This argument gives us a reason that because these people are less intelligent and also, it is the universities right to choose what kinds of kids they want to pick, we legalize the affirmative action. For these reasons vote for Pro.

For all my arguments, vote for Pro. Pass on to my opponenet

Vane01 forfeited this round.

Extend arguments.

Vane01 forfeited this round.

I concede

Concession. Vote for Pro.

Vane01 forfeited this round.
Posted by fire_wings 10 months ago
Posted by fire_wings 10 months ago
Sorry for some spelling mistakes. They do no income to the debate, so don't award the point.
Vote Placed by Hayd 10 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: I award Pro convincing arguments because Con failed to refute them (due to forfeit). I award Pro conduct points because Con forfeited.