jkyrocks123
KatDoesGoPro

The US should take away gay rights

KatDoesGoPro
Voting Style: Judge Point System: 7 Point
Started: 11/14/2015 Category: Economics

jkyrocks123

Pro

First round is for acceptance only.
KatDoesGoPro

Con

I accept this debate.
jkyrocks123

Pro

Ok, so i would like to start by making my side on gay marriages clear. I believe that gay marriages are wrong, nasty, perverted, twisted, and just plain discousting. I dont know why the court legalized it but they need to take that "right" away again.
KatDoesGoPro

Con

Your above argument makes no sense. You did not give any reasoning to why gay marriage is "wrong, nasty, perverted, twisted and just plain disgusting".

That being said, here is why I think that legalizing gay marriage is a good idea.

1. Equality.
You were born liking women. Nothing wrong with that, right? Well, what about the people who were born liking men (or women liking women)? Why is it fair that they are not allowed to love the person that they love? They are not harming you in any way, all they are doing is loving each other. And if you think it's disgusting, fine, don't be gay. But leave others alone.

2. Love
Love doesn't hurt anyone. Therefore it would be pointless to take away gay marriage.

3. Divorce
Studies have shown that a relationship between a man and a man or a woman and a woman lasts way longer then a relationship between a man and a woman. 50% of non-gay couples end up in divorce, whereas there are very few gay divorces.

4. Tolerance
Did you know that just 50 years ago, a black guy was not allowed to marry a white woman. Now, if you'd tell that to a child, they would think that it was stupid that there was that law. Now, in 50 years, go tell a child that a man was not allowed to marry another man, and they would think its stupid too.

And don't give me that stupid answer; "But being gay isn't natural!!"

For your information, scientists have spotted many animals both of the same gender showing signs of affection towards each other.

In conclusion, you are inconsiderate of other people's feelings and you only care about yourself. You think that just because you're not gay, nobody can be gay.
jkyrocks123

Pro

I would like to start reciting the pledge of allegance."I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." In the pledge it says that our nation is "Under God" meaning our morals should be Gods morals. So with that in mind the Holy Bible says that marriage is on between a man and a women. So there God who this country is under says that marriage is only between a man and a women.
KatDoesGoPro

Con

The Bible also says:

"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?"

Basically what this line says is "Those who follow the teachings of the bible should not judge those who don't"

Therefore, you are a hypocrite, as you are judging people who don't follow the Bible, while the Bible clearly says not to judge.
jkyrocks123

Pro

So, does that mean that we legalize suicide? There is a point where you just have to say "No" and same sex marriage is one of those things where it is too far in or out of the church. By legalizing same sex marriages we are imprinting that in our nation. Other nations are going to view us by our laws, our economy, etc. So far we look like a nation that allows gay marriages, abortions, etc. Were coming to a point where God is going to turn away from our nation. Were seeing what is happening to Israel. They completely turned away from all Gods morals and they are getting attacked by soo many different nations. The only difference between the US and Israel is Israel is Gods chosen nation. So if God turns his back to us we will be destroyed.

All societies have laws that are based on what things those socieites believe are moral and what things they believe are immoral. For example, we have laws in the United States against women going topless in public and against men or women exposing their genitals in public. There are no reasons for these laws other than the fact that our society thinks that those actions are immoral.

If same sex marriages should be illegal in the US, it is for this same reason. They should be illegal (you can argue) if the majority of people think that they are immoral. Some people argue that laws should not impose some people's morals on others, but the truth is that we do that with so many of our laws.
KatDoesGoPro

Con

"All societies have laws based on what the majority of people believe are immoral".

Haha, thank you for proving my argument. There were referendums(votes) in the US where the government asked people whether or not they would like to have gay marriage legalized. The majority said yes.

As for your point about the church/bible...

Let's allow people to sleep with other's wives. Because the Bible says so.
Let's allow men to beat their spouses when they disobey. Because the Bible says so.
Let's put to death anyone who works on a Sunday. Because the Bible says so.

Sorry mate. But church and state are too different things and need to be separated. If you don't want God to turn away from you; then follow the teachings of the Bible. But leave non-believers alone, because that is also what the Bible says to do.
jkyrocks123

Pro

So let me ask you this. What would our founding fathers say about same sex marriage? Ill leave that question for you to answer.

Same sex marriages is not natural. You can reproduce, and all these gay marriages are going to do is influence other people and make them think it is alright. So then were going to have a homosexual nation. No, not right. The hetrosexuals are going to be living in a homisexual nation. The US from the start was a hetrosexual nation.

Another thing i would like to bring up is when you said that I proved you point by saying a majority of the nation voted in gay marriage right. Well, the nation never voted it in, the Supreme Court did. Before they made it legal Only 3 states had legalized gay marriages. Also the Supreme Court dies not have the right to make laws like that for all 50 states. States make their own laws when it comes to marriage.

Also i never said that i didnt want God to turn away from just me. I said the nation. I am part of that nation, so i face the consequences too.

You also said "Let's allow people to sleep with other's wives. Because the Bible says so.
Let's put to death anyone who works on a Sunday. Because the Bible says so." Well, I dont know what bible you reading but the Bible say that thise first two things you said were wrong and sins. Also the last thing you said was a nation law not a law established by God.

So you can argue all you want but if you are a believer God, creation, and the Bible all say same sex marrages are wrong. And if you are a non believer Evolution even proves that same sex marriages are not natural. Do male monkeys mate with male monkeys? No. Do female dogs mate with female dogs? No. Why? Because sexual relationships such as marriages are for a man and a women ONLY. The Bible and even evolution proves it.
KatDoesGoPro

Con

"Same sex marriage is not natural"
For your information, animals such as lions, deers and wolves have been spotted by scientists having gay sex. You believers believe that God created these animals. Therefore, it is completely natural. You don't choose who you love, it just happens. You choose who to marry, yes. But people should marry people who they love. And if a man loves a man, then that's that.

"All these gay marriages are going to influence people and make it think it's alright"
I live in a country where gay marriage has been legal for a long time. When I first found out as a kid, I didn't think "oh, it's legal to marry someone of the same gender, let me do it to!". No. You are born homosexual, or you are born heterosexual. Back when I found out it was legal, I had no idea that homophobic people existed, either. I never thought about marrying someone of the same gender, ever. It just _happens_. It's like, if you see a black person in the street, you're not gonna turn into a black person are you?

"The US are going to turn into a homosexual nation"
Nope. Most people in the world are heterosexual. This argument is invalid.
Posted by jkyrocks123 1 year ago
jkyrocks123
Thank you lannan13 for voting. Even though I'm going to stick with my beliefs, what you said about grammar and such is true and it really helps me see where I need to improve when it comes to debates. Thank You very much!
Vote Placed by Wylted 1 year ago
Wylted
jkyrocks123KatDoesGoProTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro kept moving the goal posts and never really stuck to an argument. It seemed like everything con challenged an argument pro switched his. Every single one of those, is dropped arguments, and in the end pro doesn't do a sufficient job proving his argument. Please watch the moving the goal posts, bare assertions and false anologies in the future
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 1 year ago
Blade-of-Truth
jkyrocks123KatDoesGoProTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Tie. Both had appropriate conduct throughout. S&G - Con. While both sides had some issues throughout the debate, Pro's spelling errors far-outweighed Con's. For that, Con wins S&G points. Arguments - Con. This was an okay debate, Pro made some critical errors though which cost him the win. First off, Pro failed to provide any reasoning for his opinions, thus there was nothing for me to really work with as a judge. Pro also left all of Con's initial arguments standing unchallenged throughout the debate. Only rebutting her counter-arguments from round 3 to round 5. As Pro, you must overcome the challenges presented by the contender, and by failing to do so, Pro failed to uphold his Burden of Proof as the affirmative side. More so, Con was able to defeat a majority of Pro's arguments. For these reasons, Con wins arguments. Sources - Tie. Neither utilized sources in this debate other than Bible verses.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
jkyrocks123KatDoesGoProTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was an interesting and fun little debate to read. For spelling and grammar I'm going to have to give that to Con. There are several times in the debate where Pro forgets to capitalize I, uses improper grammar, and even mixes words up. LIke using Dies instead of does. As for arguments there was very little clash from Pro. Pro did have a strong Round 5, but that was the last round at that. I really would've liked for the debaters to have backed up their arguments with sources as some of the arguments were absurdly wrong as Pro's claim of only 3 states having legalized Gay Marriage at the time of the Supreme Court Decission. I was actually 38 plus states that have legalized it. Many of Pro's arguments were dropped as soon as Con refuted them. Also Pro dropped Con's opening arguments which leaves me no choice, but to vote Con in this debate.