Sultan94
Dinara8

The USA's type of education is much better than Kazakhstan's

Dinara8

Sultan94

Pro

In other words Kazakhstan's education we can call USSR's. When USSR existed, people said that USSR's education is the best. But it is a controversial topic.
I claim that education of the USA is the best. Because in the USA, people learn only that subjects which will help them in their future occupation.
I studied in Kazakhstani school with USSR's type of education. For example in my school, teachers of physics or chemistry teached us, like we are future workers of nuclear stations. So, I will never use this knowledge in my life and after 10 years I will forget it. It was useless time.
It is better to learn subjects which you will use in your future job deeply, than learn subjects which you will never use in your life.
Dinara8

Con

Of course, the Soviet system of education and upbringing have drawbacks, but there also have advantages. Tthey are undeniable and recognized in the world. Statistics shows that 60% of American families have children who have by their own rooms without desks. Parents just consider them irrelevant that the child must go to school, but at home they should rest. In Kazakh families, all social skills children learn at home and at school he gets knowledge. Mostly in Kazakh's family are supporting their child, and in the second only the concentration of wealth. Here, incidentally, is the reason the traditional respect for the elderly parents and on the contrary, the cold relations between the generations in the U.S.
Sultan94

Pro

Firstly i want to say that in the USA only pupils in first several classes have a rest at home. Pupils in middle and high school do their homework at home. Your statistics can be true, but i saw TV-show about life in the USA, so in this program child did their home work in living-room, interesting fact that those children had their own rooms. So this statistic can not be indicator of parent's care in the USA.
People from the USA are not aliens. In USA, parents support their children and you can not say that they have cold relationships.
Our debates not about relationships, It is about differences between Kazakhstan's and the USA's education. I claim that the USA's model of education is the best.
Dinara8

Con

Okay, then what about our Kazakh's schools they have large classes, the children are sitting by two, teacher gives an assignment for all students respond aloud to the class, then there is a system of training group and in the American school children sit by one, teachers give assignments individually, often in the form of tests, and for weaker students have easier one. Here believe that the main thing is not to hurt the child, do not expose him to ridicule, not to inflict psychological trauma. American scientist Harold Stevenson for more than 10 years leading the global educational research and found our system more efficient. In his study, he underlined the fact that the eastern system of education, established on the basis of the USSR
Sultan94

Pro

People are different. You can not find 2 completely same people, education of USA understand it. They understand that each children is individual and have area where he or she is good. Some of people good in math, some in biology or chemistry and so on and so on. So education have to adjust to each pupil.
Children's mind not so strong like adult's so problems in education can hurt them in the future.
The next reason why USA's edition is the best is development of the USA. Development of country depends on education. So the USA one of the most powerful country. And what about Post-Soviet countries? They are one of the most backward countries. How do you think how people with such "strong" education built so weak countries like Post Soviet?
Dinara8

Con

Fisrt of all, thanks for your argumets but I still have not change my mind. I think the system of education is better than in U.S.A. For instance, after the examination, the students who have had bad marks have to send down and there is no excuse. In Kazakhstan the students can be expelled only by a decision of the Commission, and not at the whim of the individual teacher.
Posted by toolpot462 4 years ago
toolpot462
I suppose you're right.
Posted by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
Some schools have dropped PE programs. There is an open debate about how much to focus on core competency vs. other competencies, and the benefits of cross-functional teaching.
Posted by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
"Because in the USA, people learn only that subjects which will help them in their future occupation" - This is inaccurate. The school closest to me has art, music, and PE classes. They also teach health, history, civics, etc. These topics are not directly targeting future job performance.
Posted by toolpot462 4 years ago
toolpot462
'Because in the USA, people learn only that subjects which will help them in their future occupation." - that's exactly what I don't like about education in the USA.
Vote Placed by toolpot462 4 years ago
toolpot462
Sultan94Dinara8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I've reconsidered and agree with likespeace.
Vote Placed by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
Sultan94Dinara8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: No cited statistics were presented. Pro says American schools only teach subjects that will help with future employment, which is patently false. Con invokes Harold Stevenson: "American scientist Harold Stevenson for more than 10 years leading the global educational research and found our system more efficient." However, no specific book or page or article was cited where he made this claim.. and his book "Learning Gap" never even mentions the USSR or Russia. Since neither side in my estimation met the burden of proof, the question becomes who had the burden of proof. That is Pro/Instigator, so I vote for Con to signify that the resolution fails.