SilentRaven102
ComradeJosephStalin

The USFG ought to pay reparations to African Americans

SilentRaven102

Con

Hello! I wish to debate this topic with anyone that wants to because I'm bored!!! Please accept this challenge. I don't guarantee an answer, but feel free to be on the pro side of this debate. Before I continue, let me explain a few things.
1st Round: Agreement
2nd Round: Your argument
3rd Round: Refutation of the opponent
4th Round: Summary
Thank you so much! Good luck!
ComradeJosephStalin

Pro

Hello fool
Get ready to be crushed under the might of Stalin
SilentRaven102

Con

Thank you for accepting the challenge. Let me go directly into my points, but before I do that, let me just point out that my points written are fact and point based, so I will request not to go into the research challenge. Okay, let me begin.
First off, it's unconstitutional. According to CNSN News, the constitution states, "All Men are created equal..." However, if we pay reparations to African Americans, it would disturb that balance, making paying reparations an act that goes against the constitution. And, as we all know, the USA has agreed to follow the constitution.
Additionally, it's impractical. Think about it! There are no living black slaves today, so why would we have to pay reparations. If we pay reparations to there descendants, you would technically be handing out free money. Also, there is no infrastructure. If we do assume that we gave reparations to the slave descendants, then how would we do it? How much money would we give them? How would we decide who to give it out to? Not only that, but according to New Republic, it will cost about 1.6 trillion dollars to pay the reparations. Considering how the USA is already in debt, it wouldn't be smart to pay reparations. So, obviously, paying reparations to African Americans would be impractical.
Continuing, paying reparations would also be unfair. The US government would have to raise taxes to everybody. That means uninvolved taxpayers would have to pay more money for something that they had no say in.
Finally, paying reparations would harm the US. If we pay reparations to African Americans, they may become too dependent on the money given to them and may become lazy. That would destroy the US's population. Not only that, it would also divide the US, as some people have a opinion that African Americans don't deserve reparations. BUT, some people do, so they would divide the US into a country that would be in "war" with itself. These reasons obviously harm the US.
So, voters, if you believe that destroying the US to just pay reparations to African Americans which would also destroy the US's economy, then go ahead and vote for the pro. BUT, if you believe in following the constitution, being practical, being fair, and not harming the US, then I urge you to vote for the con side of this debate. Thank you.
ComradeJosephStalin

Pro

I admit it you are right I give up
We should base every decision we make on an old piece of paper written by men who themselves owned slaves.
The poverty and inequality that African Americans face today is not because of the fact that they were treated like objects it is because they are lazy.
Your intellect my friend is one that would make Einstein red with envy.
You sir are a god among men and my superior.
SilentRaven102

Con

SilentRaven102 forfeited this round.
ComradeJosephStalin

Pro

ComradeJosephStalin forfeited this round.
SilentRaven102

Con

SilentRaven102 forfeited this round.
ComradeJosephStalin

Pro