Youraverageunicorn
Arganger

The USFG should reauthorize and expand the foreign language assistance program

Youraverageunicorn has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

Youraverageunicorn

Con

The rounds are:
1. Acceptance/claim
2. Argument
3. rebuttal
4. closing statements and refute against rebuttals

My claim is that the Foreign Language Assistance Program should NOT expand and other actions.
May any debater accept
Arganger

Pro

First off, I apologize for any consistency issues that may arise from my arguments due to my worsened cognitive dysfunction due to anxiety.

I accept, seeing a program like this necessary in the current state of america, because of the foreign language requirements to graduate.

Keeping in mind I do not know a lot about this subject.
Posted by SirNoodles518 1 week ago
SirNoodles518
It is rather lazy and arrogant that British, American people etc. go to countries without speaking a single word of the language. I think it's just simple courtesy to learn how to say "Thank you" in the language of the country you're going to. Yes, a lot of people learn English but 79% of people don't understand English so in my opinion English isn't the international language - it's the international business language but that's something different.

I feel as this quote by Nelson Mandela explains the point I'm trying to make very well: "If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart."

Personally, in my opinion, the idea of learning a foreign language should be really promoted and supported but at the end of the day it's that person's choice and it's unfair to force them to have to work towards it. But all I can say is that they're missing out :D
Posted by SirNoodles518 1 week ago
SirNoodles518

Posted by ShyreWolf 1 week ago
ShyreWolf
naive object