Sky55Anchorage
BloodyFishCake

The United Republic of Alaska

Sky55Anchorage

Pro

Would the State of Alaska survive on it's own if it were to secede from the Union? That's the topic of this debate. I will be taking the side of Yes, Alaska would survive.

My opponent will be required to give reasonable evidence that Alaska would not survive on it's own. *BE ADVISED* - Using the US Civil War, Texas Vs White, or the threat of the US Military is NOT an acceptable form of evidence against Alaska Secession. Why? Because while we vilify secession of the Southern States, we celebrate the secession of the 13 colonies every 4th of July. While Texas Vs White states there is NO LEGAL OPTION for secession, it was illegal for us to secede from our government in 1776. And we celebrate it every 4th of July.

Any attempt to use the threat of the US military, or Constitutional Legality will be considered an AUTOMATIC LOSS, and the debate will end. The debate will only be on Whether or Not Alaska would be able to survive on it's own.

You must give examples in terms of Alaska's economy, healthcare, defense, environmental protection, world status, etc.

Good luck to whomever accepts! I look forward to a Great Debate!
BloodyFishCake

Con

I'm happy to accept this debate!
Sky55Anchorage

Pro

Sky55Anchorage forfeited this round.
BloodyFishCake

Con

BloodyFishCake forfeited this round.
Sky55Anchorage

Pro

Sky55Anchorage forfeited this round.
BloodyFishCake

Con

BloodyFishCake forfeited this round.
Sky55Anchorage

Pro

Sky55Anchorage forfeited this round.
BloodyFishCake

Con

BloodyFishCake forfeited this round.
Posted by Sky55Anchorage 2 years ago
Sky55Anchorage
You can start if you want, or just to say you're accepting.
Posted by BloodyFishCake 2 years ago
BloodyFishCake
Do I begin my debate now in this round or just post something about how I will enjoy this debate?
Posted by Sky55Anchorage 2 years ago
Sky55Anchorage
@ Kasmic - It is different to say that no State can succeed on its own because the US military would never let them leave, then to say that Russia would not be a threat to the URA because it's so close to the US border.
Posted by kasmic 2 years ago
kasmic
"Any attempt to use the threat of the US military, or Constitutional Legality will be considered an AUTOMATIC LOSS, and the debate will end. The debate will only be on Whether or Not Alaska would be able to survive on it's own."

As survival of a nation is largely impacted by other nations, it seems silly to argue if Alaska would survive excluding arguable the most influential nation on the earth today.

"What would Canada and the United States feel about a Russian invasion so close to their borders? Feel free to accept the debate and give me your answer!"

So you can invoke the U.S. as a means of deterring Russian aggression in the event of a free Alaska, but cant site U.S. aggression in the event of a free Alaska?
Posted by Sky55Anchorage 2 years ago
Sky55Anchorage
I assume you mean that Russia would attempt a takeover of the United Republic of Alaska.

Question:

What would Canada and the United States feel about a Russian invasion so close to their borders? Feel free to accept the debate and give me your answer!
Posted by 18Karl 2 years ago
18Karl
If UAR comes out, Putin be like:

"Ukraine the second"