seedative
kasmic

The United States Has A Moral Obligation To Promote Democratic Ideals In Other Nations

kasmic

seedative

Con

I would like to initiate this debate by pointing out that we, as humans, have the individual right to choose our own path in life. whether it be a government choice or a job choice, we should all have the freedom to choose. for this reason, I stand in negation of today's resolution. just as we had the individual right to choose our own government, other countries should have the same choice. i would like to bring up the example of The Revolutionary War. We, as the colonist of the new country we landed on, wanted our own government, not the same government as Britain. as forth, we fought the Revolutionary War in order to gain the independent freedom to create our own government. We know how much damage the Revolutionary War did to America, do we really want to force that on other countries? I leave the judges with this question as a thought provoker on why they should vote for the side i stand on.
kasmic

Pro

Thank you con for the debate.

Definition of terms:

Promote: "to help or encourage to exist or flourish; further"(1)

Moral: "of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: "(2)

Obligation: "something that is done or is to be done for such reasons"(3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebuttals:

Con says "I would like to initiate this debate by pointing out that we, as humans, have the individual right to choose our own path in life. whether it be a government choice or a job choice, we should all have the freedom to choose. for this reason, I stand in negation of today's resolution."

The idea that we as humans have the individual right to choose our own path in life is a democratic ideal. So is self-determination, both ideas pertain to the idea of a democracy. Con is promoting democratic ideals and portrays them as moral obligations in his argument.

Con says ", do we really want to force that on other countries?"

Obviously not, that is why we should "promote" rather than force. Promotion can be done in many ways. Con seems opposed to military force others to be democratic. I agree with him, however, We have a moral obligation to encourage all countries to be democratic in nature. Con has not provided any reasons as to why we should not "promote" democratic ideals.

As con has no arguments against the resolution, I affirm the that "The United States has a moral obligation to promote democratic ideals in other Nations.

(1) http://dictionary.reference.com...
(2)http://dictionary.reference.com...
(3)http://dictionary.reference.com...
seedative

Con

Well played Pro. i was coming into this program, with this being my first debate, thinking that it would be a simple, layed-back debate. the pro has showed that this was over my head and i might have to practice more. therefore, i forfeit this debate. congratulations Pro, you have one. and thank you for the debate.
kasmic

Pro

Con has forfeit. The resolution stands. Vote Pro.

@Con, do not be discouraged, after a few debates you will get the hang of it.

thanks for the debate, and good luck.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
All democracy is , is mob rule.
Posted by seedative 2 years ago
seedative
This dude is cool
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
seedativekasmicTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit from Con, so arguments to Pro. For the honorable concession (and for not forfeiting), I'm giving conduct to Con, as I think that sort of thing should be rewarded...but Pro did nothing wrong conduct-wise, it's worth noting. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.