Debatequeen1
TheRealThunder

The United States Needs to Discontinue Welfare

Debatequeen1

Debatequeen1

Pro

Why is it the government's responsibility if people are too lazy to find jobs and provide for themselves? Why shouldn't the poor work hard just like the rich do? It's completely unfair that so many people these days are getting free money!
I'm ready to debate anyone on this topic...
TheRealThunder

Con

what do you know about welfare and taxes?
Debatequeen1

Pro

That's your argument? Ok...
Well I know that there are thousands of people on welfare today. I predict the if the government suddenly said "We're stopping welfare today" everyone would actually start looking for jobs and would be quite successful. I don't think people would just sit around and wait to die!

I also know that not everyone on welfare is lazy. There are many people who do work, but don't make enough. Still, though, it's not the government's responsibility if people can't afford to eat. If people die from starvation, it will be a wake up call for the rest of the country. People will suddenly realize "Wow, I should really start working so that I don't die, too."
TheRealThunder

Con

TheRealThunder forfeited this round.
Debatequeen1

Pro

I see that you, Con forfeited this round...

Well, another reason I think welfare should be discontinued is because most people on welfare aren't even looking for jobs! They are just waiting around for the government to pay for everything. The government should just stop welfare and then the people on welfare will have no choice but to start looking for jobs.
TheRealThunder

Con

TheRealThunder forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
Flash. I have a flash for you. government food stamps is a paycheck. And your sister ould have survived without it. My mother did. One thing I learned growing up is when the going gets tough, the tough gets going.She did not sit around and wait till the first of the month.

I will admit this. My one son did get a government handout for a while. Once he got a job he quit. And from the first paycheck till he had it all paid back . He would walk in that welfare office and take money in, not take it out. It is a sad day in America when that is the exception and not the norm.And he has never had to do that again.His children will not rely on other peoples money they did not earn.
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
Government should get out of the charity business. Like all its other programs it does a lousy job. Let chatities do the giving. They are much more responsible to do it right.Government does things that will make it grow.Not to get rid of a problem. It has always made things worse.Johnson'a war on poverty made generational poverty.And plunged Americxa into financial debt the likes of which even the Roman Empire had not seen. Our freeloader society will collapse this once great nation. Just like the freeloader society did in Rome.For what, an Obamaphone.You see ads all the time for government giveaways.
Posted by flash7221 3 years ago
flash7221
Welfare is not a pay check. It is food stamps. The government cannot simply just let its citizens starve to death. And saying "People that are too lazy" I suppose you mean that all of the people on welfare are too lazy? Not true. Some people out there really do need it. My sister was on welfare for a few months. She had 2 kids at age 22 and the father left her. Leaving her to have to work and pay for daycare, food, baby clothes, etc with that money. Food stamps helped her raise her children. Yes, people do take advantage of the system, but it is unfair to say that all of them do.

I wish I was the one who got to accept this argument. Your arguments are weak.
Posted by EndarkenedRationalist 3 years ago
EndarkenedRationalist
._________.

nac
Vote Placed by The-Holy-Macrel 3 years ago
The-Holy-Macrel
Debatequeen1TheRealThunderTied
Reasons for voting decision: I wnat to vote.
Vote Placed by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
Debatequeen1TheRealThunderTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
Debatequeen1TheRealThunderTied
Reasons for voting decision: idiot....