johnnyamundson
Ozzyhead

The United States President's primary duty should be to uphold the United States Constitution.

johnnyamundson

Con

I will maintain that the President of the United States primary duty should be to do what is best for United States citizens, not necesarially what is constitutional.
Round one will not contain any arguments. It will only entail the acceptance of the debate.
Ozzyhead

Pro

I accept this debate. I will argue that upholding the United States constitution is not the primary duty is the president of the United States
johnnyamundson

Con

We're arguing the same thing I believe. We're both arguing that upholding the constitution should not be the primary duty of the President of the Uited States. I posted the resolved and then took the side negating the resolution.
Sorry for the confusion.
Ozzyhead

Pro

I see the confusion... I am sorry for misunderstanding. I would pretend to argue from the stand point of someone who disagrees with you, but we have wasted a round and so it is pointless
johnnyamundson

Con

Agreed. Thank you anyways!
Ozzyhead

Pro

Post the debate again, and hopefully someone will accept that's against it, and I will be watching!
johnnyamundson

Con

I challenged USN276 and he accepted.
Ozzyhead

Pro

That will be fun to watch
Posted by USN276 3 years ago
USN276
No, you said "should it be the PRIMARY DUTY" Not, "should the constitution not be the law of the land." There's a big difference. You worded it as if the president shouldn't have to abide by the constitution.
Posted by johnnyamundson 3 years ago
johnnyamundson
USN276, that is why the resolution says, "should be to uphold the United States Constitution." If I said 'is' instead of 'should' then it would be a pretty one sided debate. Saying 'should' goes beyond what the current condition and moves the debate to what is most beneficial.
Posted by USN276 3 years ago
USN276
We are a constitutional republic. It has already been ruled that the constitution is the LAW OF THE LAND.
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
johnnyamundsonOzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: Confusion occured early, and no debate took place.