Go4thegold
vardaanbhat

The United States Should Conduct All Elections by Mail

Go4thegold

Pro

This debate shall focus on whether or not the United States should conduct all elections by mail. I shall argue in favor of conducting elections by mail, while my opponent shall argue against is. BOP is shared. The structure of the debate shall be as follows:

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Opening Arguments
Round 3: Main Arguments
Round 4: Rebuttals
Round 5: Conclusions

I look forward to a good debate, and I wish my opponent good luck.
vardaanbhat

Con

I accept this challenge. I will be opposing your view.

Good luck!
Go4thegold

Pro

After the 2014 midterm elections, which saw a voter turnout of roughly thirty-nine percent when accounting for the total population of eligible voters at the time, [1] the issue of voter turnout in the united states has been an issue for many. In order to try and improve voter turnout, a number of solutions have been proposed, such as automatic voter registration, and having election day being a national holiday. One of the proposed solutions that I believe will be the most effective way to boost turnout will be to conduct all elections by mail, where instead of a voter leaving his or her residence and casting a ballot at an official polling place, ballots would instead be sent to the voter's place of residence to be filled out there, and then returned to be counted once filled out.

This system, if enacted, would increase voter turnout by eliminating the need for a voter to devote time to vote, as ballots could be filled out at home, it would allow voters more time to vote, as the time period between when the ballot would be delivered and when it would need to be returned could be lengthened to any amount of time that seems fit, it would allow voters to make more conscious decisions when they vote, as filling out ballots at home would allow voters to perform research on candidates as they fill out their ballots, and as an added bonus, it would save money during election cycles as the need to operate extensive polling places would be eliminated. It is for the reasons stated that I believe the United States should conduct all elections by mail.

I hereby hand the floor over to my opponent.
vardaanbhat

Con

vardaanbhat forfeited this round.
Go4thegold

Pro

Go4thegold forfeited this round.
vardaanbhat

Con

vardaanbhat forfeited this round.
Go4thegold

Pro

Go4thegold forfeited this round.
vardaanbhat

Con

vardaanbhat forfeited this round.
Go4thegold

Pro

Go4thegold forfeited this round.
vardaanbhat

Con

vardaanbhat forfeited this round.