Biancardi
JediDude

The United States Should Switch To The Metric System

Biancardi has forfeited round #2.

Biancardi

Pro

So this debate will be about whether or not the United States of America should make the switch to the metric system. This first round will be used as an introduction to lay out the format and rules of the debate. The second round will be used to lay down opening arguments. The third round will be used to provide refutations to the second round arguments. The fourth round will be used to counter refutations and to provide closing arguments.

There will be a 3 day period to provide your argument. Failure to provide an argument during this time period will mean forfeiting the debate.
JediDude

Con

I accept this debate challenge, and I will use this time as an opportunity to lay some ground rules. During this debate it will be my job to say why the United States should not switch to the metric system. However, the burden of proof will be on Pro to show that we are not already using the metric system, and that we should indeed switch over to it.
Posted by Biancardi 5 months ago
Biancardi
So some stuff has come up, and I am unable to get back to this debate. I apologize for the inconvenience. I do now forfeit, so that's the end of the debate.
Posted by AveryGaleson 5 months ago
AveryGaleson
U.S. already teaches the metric system. The real problem would be converting everything that uses the current system to metric.
Posted by DNehlsen 5 months ago
DNehlsen
The U.S. has already adopted the metric system, it's just not the only system of measurement used.