victoriaronan
SteveEvans

The United States are the Real Terrorists

SteveEvans

victoriaronan

Pro

The United States government is real terrorists in this world. We claim to fight terror, yet we are the terror. Using 9/11 as a justification for terror and spying is a form of terrorism. Bombing innocent people in the name of 9/11 is terrorism. Nagasaki and Hiroshima was terrorism. Guantanamo Bay is terrorism. And so much more. The government of the United States are the real problem in this world.
SteveEvans

Con

This is pretty much my argument, and this is both a rebuttal for your argument and my presentation: There, indeed, was an attack at September 11, 2001. The 2 towers collapsed. However, my only argument is that we NEVER caused that. We did NOT strike. We did NOT fly the plane into the tower and make it MUCH more vulnerable to collapse, seeing as that also supported the tower.
victoriaronan

Pro

Okay, yes we didn't cause that. But there are no reasons to use it as a justification to kill hundreds of THOUSANDS, even millions in Iraq, of innocent people from both sides. In 9/11 roughly killed three thousand people. Three thousand people. That is NOTHING compared to the amount of people the War in the Middle East has caused of innocent people who had no affiliation with 9/11 besides race and religion.
The U.S. Government are also terrorists because of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The two were blatant acts of terrorism.
Drones are terrorism. "What's a bigger threat to human society, B.A.E. Systems or homemade I.E.D.s? Remote controlled bomb killing off human life or man with homemade bomb committing suicide?" Are the people who are defenselessly trying to defend their country the terrorists? Or the people behind the big guns the terrorists?
Barely any Muslims agree to 9/11 but they are punished. Yet, nearly every American I know supports the War on Terror.)
SteveEvans

Con

Rebuttals

"Okay, yes we didn't cause that. But there are no reasons to use it as a justification to kill hundreds of THOUSANDS, even millions in Iraq, of innocent people from both sides. In 9/11 roughly killed three thousand people. Three thousand people. That is NOTHING compared to the amount of people the War in the Middle East has caused of innocent people who had no affiliation with 9/11 besides race and religion."

Please cite sources. I don't believe that the U.S. assassinated millions of citizens from Iraq after 9/11. I'm not doubting this, but please, no fraudulent lies.

"The U.S. Government are also terrorists because of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The two were blatant acts of terrorism."

Ah! This one was conducted by the U.S. during World War II. The U.S's intention for this was to make Japan surrender during the war[1]. That may have been terrorism. However, this is in the 19th century, when someone else ruled. We are now under Obama's authority.

Moving on...

This was conducted by the original army. THEY are the terrorists. They agreed. However, to this day, they are PROBABLY no longer alive. We did not even expect these atomic bombings!

"Drones are terrorism. "What's a bigger threat to human society, B.A.E. Systems or homemade I.E.D.s? Remote controlled bomb killing off human life or man with homemade bomb committing suicide?" Are the people who are defenselessly trying to defend their country the terrorists? Or the people behind the big guns the terrorists?"

These drones aren't used to murder civilians, but for war. In war, you have to defend yourself. So, they use these.

By the way, please don't be semantical.

I await my opponent's next set of arguments.

Source

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...

victoriaronan

Pro

victoriaronan forfeited this round.
SteveEvans

Con

Unfortunately, my opponent forfeited the final round. I now leave it up to the voters.
Posted by Adam2 3 years ago
Adam2
I wouldn't say we're terrorist countries. In fact Britain and Denmark deserve that title more, the other countries involved in the Iraq war. They led the invasion. The USA isn't perfect, but compared to the two it's a lot more cleaner in its history. Well maybe not clean, but we've learned from our mistakes and are trying to make up for it.
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
Lead forces. Notice I didn't say just US. But all coalition forces present. Only 17%. The rest were killed by Iraqi forces and jihadist/anti government forces. Less then 20,000 have been killed in Afghanistan. Another little interesting fact for Iraq for all those people who think the enemy we were fighting were the proud people of Iraq defending their homes from the evil American invaders. Between 2004 and 2011 it was estimated that about 75% of jihadist forces in Iraq were of non Iraqi origin and that these jihadist often fought against the Iraqi people. So 75% of the so called " freedom fighters" aren't even from Iraq, and were simply radical Islamist answering Al Qaeda's call for jihad.
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
Ok. I'm glad that was just a typo. Otherwise you would have been a complete moron. As for your sources. Well I'm sorry to tell you, but they suck. Bad. Your last one was nothing more then someone's personal blog and this has no actual weight as any kind of evidence. I can find you thousands of blogs from random people that say the exact opposite of your source. Furthermore he even stated multiple times that the bombing was a necessity and that it prevented the deaths of countless lives. More lives then were lost by the bombings. His whole argument as wellas your send to be based on the assertation that killingis wrong no matter what and no matter what good can come from it.

Your second article is full of bias, doubt, and uncertainty. First off it is utterly false that the majority of inmates at gitmo have not been charged. A flats out lie. Second. What would your alternative to the feeding tube be? Letting them die? If that was the way the US officials decided to go then I bet you every dollar I have EVER made that you would be sitting here right now b!t( hing about how the evil Americans allowed those poor poor innocent terrorist to starve to death. Try and tell me I'm wrong.

And your first source was the most damning of all. First off let's forget about the enormous bias the Lancet has against the US as well as their extreme anti American/ anti war rhetoric, and let's dive into the fact that not a single credible news of humanitarian group took this study seriously and the fact that not only was the lancets study outrageously poorly conducted but that it has also been proven that they intentional edited and falsified information to increase the casualty number. They have claimed and so have YOU that between 500,00" and 1 million+ have died due to the US lead Iraq war. The actual no sh!t number is between 120,000 and 150,000. And if you want to know even more truth it is estimated hat only 17% of that number were actually killed by US
Posted by Spedman 3 years ago
Spedman
Victoria your argument doesn't make any sense because you clearly do not know all of the details behind the wars in the Middle East. We were attacked on our land in a horrible way on 9/11 that killed hundreds of innocent people. All of it was recorded on national television and soon the entire world watched in horror as people jumped off the towers rather than be burned alive. We went over there for Osama Bin Laden, but the Taliban refused to give him up. WE HAD NO CHOICE!!!!!!!!! The A-Bombs on Japan was an awful thing we had to do, but it was necessary to not only save American lives but also Japanese lives. Look up the battles fought in the Pacific. Guadalcanal, Bouganville, New Britain, Tarawa, Peleliu, Iwo Jima, and Okinawa. Almost all of them were fighting to the death and refusing to surrender. Know your history and current events before insulting brave men and women of OUR country to protect us.
Posted by victoriaronan 3 years ago
victoriaronan
There was a typo. It was supposed to say 2,796. And i cited my sources thank you very much.
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
"As of 2013 in the Middle East 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi and 35000 Pakistani people that paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit."

Where the hell did you get those numbers???

"976 American people that lost their lives on 9/11"

And where in the holy hell did you get this number??????
Posted by SteveEvans 3 years ago
SteveEvans
"It doesn't matter whether USA is better or worse than those responsible for 9/11. The question is whether or not USA is a terrorist organization, which it seems to be."

Yes, I know. However, as said in my R1 argument, I disagreed only with the reasoning, and as far as my actual perspective goes, it's undecided. So, I mainly thought that my opponent considered the United States to be terrorists because of the 9/11 attacks.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
I really like Pro's first points. It seems like Con started to go waaay off topic, and Pro seemed to join her/him. It doesn't matter whether USA is better or worse than those responsible for 9/11. The question is whether or not USA is a terrorist organization, which it seems to be.
Posted by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
Wow, I hope both of you lose this isn't even a logical debate.
Posted by victoriaronan 3 years ago
victoriaronan
My opponent had only touched base on 9/11 and didn't cover anything else.
Regardless, I do know my knowledge and find it insulting you doubt me.
976 American people that lost their lives on 9/11 .
As of 2013 in the Middle East 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi and 35000 Pakistani people that paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit.
http://web.mit.edu...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

http://www.princeton.edu...

Oh and not to mention all the atrotcites to Natives, Africans, Japanese, and so, so much more such as spying on your own people.
Vote Placed by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
victoriaronanSteveEvansTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to con due to pros forfeit. Spelling/grammar and sources tied. Arguments go to con since pro did not make a single one. Made no attempt what soever to prove her case. And no, Pro, simply stating that some act is an act of terrorism does not make it so. For example you believe that the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were acts of terrorism. Yet the only argument for this case is by stating that this was an act of terrorism. That's an extremely poor way to debate someone on any issue.