TS82
tejretics

The United States is a Patriarchal Society.

TS82 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

TS82

Con

Many People (mostly feminists) believe that the United States has a man-controlled patriarchal society. I disagree with this and will be attempting to prove this wrong. No personal attacks.

First Round: Acceptance.
Second Round: Main arguments.
Third Round: 1st Rebuttal
Fourth Round: 2nd Rebuttal
Fifth Round: Conclusion Statements.

I look forward to a good debate.
tejretics

Pro

Posted by TS82 3 weeks ago
TS82
I had no time to post my main argument as I was busy with family during Christmas, so I will post it here.

The reason I say that the United States is not a Patriarchal Society is that there is no right a man has in the United States that a Woman doesn't. If anything, women have more advantages in society. 84% of court cases involving divorce result in women winning custody of the child. 97% of combat deaths since the 1st gulf war were men. 80% of suicide victims are men. 93% of industrial deaths and accidents are men. 76% of homicide victims are men. The average prison sentence for the same crime is 2.7 Times higher for men.

With all this in mind, how can a Patriarchal Society in the U.S. exist, especially when compared to third world countries, where actual patriarchies exist?
Posted by Surgeon 1 month ago
Surgeon
The "patriarchy" is an invention of the postmodernist-feminist-leftists, who need to create a bogey-man to validate their victimhood and hatred of themselves (which like all internalized hatred is projected out as resentment). Prepare yourself for a fact free debate as feelings are put center stage. The great female figures of the past (true emancipaters) who achieved in their fields, through their own talent and hard work must be turning in their grave at the latest crop of self-entitled, resentful, bitter, badly educated, non entities parade as the modern intelligentsia.