The United States of America is the greatest country on earth.

'Merica is the greatest country on earth. I agree with this quote by myself because I live in America. If you don't live in America, I feel bad for you, but then again, I don't. The United States of America is the greatest country on earth for three reasons. Freedom, Freedom, and Freedom. Just kidding, I forgot my fourth point, Freedom. Along with Freedom, the US is far above all other countries on earth because of education and healthcare.

Whoah! This guy sure likes freedom. It's true, I am, and forever will be, an fan of freedom. That's why I live in the United States. Us Americans have the bill of rights to protect our individual rights, and more importantly, before my future opponent brings up the NSA, we have the greatest cybersecurity and military in the world to protect our freedoms. These rights forever will be protected by the constitution, (I'm too lazy to tell you all of them, google it) which is why the US is the greatest.

Wow, this extremely good looking male is also crazy because he thinks the US has a good education system. Yes I do! I'm a huge fan of our secondary education system, however I do realize the problems with our pre-college education. The US has the greatest colleges in the world, from MIT on the east coast to Stanford on the west coast, we really do excel at education. A major problem with the statistics showing the US lagging behind other nations is that it covers the large amount of successful students we have going to the best colleges in the word. Even though the US has troubles with pre-college education, it is home to the greatest schools in the world for a reason.

Obamacare. Don't say it. I already know. It's "garb". Trust me, all Americans are aware of this. However just like our education system, when it comes to the best of the best, we win. The US has the finest health care facilities in the world, something proven by the countless wealthy who get treated in the US. The US is also leading the way in treatment techniques for cancer, stds, and many other health anomalies.

The US has massive freedoms and the best education and health care in the world. A genius once said "'Merica is the greatest country on earth", because I agree with this quote I must stand in support of this resolution. #MericaFTW

Notice how throughout this argument I've been switching between first and third person. It's not because I'm trash at grammar, even though I am, however it is because of American nationalism. This unneeded argument resounds throughout the nation. Even if you, my opponent, can somehow convince voters that America is not the greatest country on earth, American citizens won't care because of the deep sense of nationalism felt throughout the country. I am a true believer of American Exceptionalism and will continue to be for the rest of my life.

Ladies and gents. Welcome to this short 3000 char. Debate In order to win the debate my opponent must successfully and irrefutably prove that there is no greater country on earth than the U.S.A, My job is not to find a greater country, but only to show that the U.S is not the perfect place to be and refute the arguments my opponent brings to the debate.
My opponent built most of his case around the freedom U.S citizens have along with healthcare and education. If we split each
segment up we soon see that this is in case not an optimal case.

America is not the “Most free” country in the world. Do not get me wrong, the citizens of the U.s have a great deal of personal freedom but they by no chance have the perfect life. There are a number of scales that rank countries by their economical and political freedom[1-4]: one of which is the yearly Reporters Without Borders' index. There the US ranks at 46th. Economically wise the U.S ranked twelfth in the world and according to this[3] list the U.S is at 7th place. If the U.S was the greates country in the world it would rank higher. Note how Canada is above the US in most of the lists where they appear: signalling that living in Canada is much more free than in its sister in the south.

American healthcare is great, for the rich. The greatest country in the world loves and takes care of all it's citizens. However, due to the abnormal expensise of the private owned healthcare system the U.S gives a big middle finger to all middle to lower class residents. [5] shows us that the best healthcare is in France and Canada is 30th. The U.S is way down the line at 37th. Also note that in all of the top nations not only is healthcare mostly free and paid by the government but life expectancy is nearly a decade higher than in the states. So, again living in Europe or Canada is a better option.

American education is average at best. A google search[7] shows us that the U.S has students ranking in perhaps at 17th best education with Finland and S.Korea leading the charts. Canada ranks at 10th[6] and thus once again shows us that the cold neighbour in the north is currently greater than the U.s in any way my opponent mentioned. Move to Europe for great education and healthcare and if you just need a bit of a bump in freedom Canada will provide you with more than enough. But the U.s, as great as it is, will not be able to pride itself on being the greatest for now.

So, to conclude the first round my opponent has failed to create an irrefutable case as we see that most researches and articles agree that there are greater countries. My opponent cannot even hide behind patriotic notions as the U.S because it didn't even appear on the “most patriotic countries” list, Israel ranked at no.1. The Us is great, but the greatest? Hardly.

ItsOmario forfeited this round.

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to....

....wait, wrong speech.

MY OPPONENT has not responded to my refutations against his case and thus we must conclude that he cannot defend the statement "The United states of America is the greatest country on earth", we already seen that the few points he did bring to the table where quite easily disputed and in most cases Canada rose above, and even the UK or the Nordic countries turned up a bit higher. Since my opponent did not add nor refute anything this round it is still valid and I have nothing to add.

Extend all arguments.

ItsOmario forfeited this round.
Posted by schachdame 2 years ago
This left me more confused than I expected.
Posted by matthewmatt14 2 years ago
I think its kind of stupid that someone would post a debate like this.
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I was rooting for pro, but the lack of arguments plus no response to the rebuttals, seals his fate.
Vote Placed by Pokemonzr 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I still agree that America is the greatest country, only because I live in it and love it dearly, however this debate has slightly rattled my opinion on this matter. Conduct points go to Con for the numerous forfeits. S&G is a point that I normally don't award to either side unless one side's grammar is horrific, and that wasn't the case, so that was tied. Con's refutations were extremely effective and poked a plethora of holes in Pro's case that Pro failed to respond to, so arguments go to Con. Sources also go to Con because he had a few while Pro had none. Overall, this was a good debate that could have been better and had more clash if there was not a forfeit for the entire debate on Pro's side.