Chickenman
jennifer71240

The United States of America should adopt a socalized medical system

Chickenman

Pro

America's health care system is broken, corrupt, and allows the death of thousands each year. It is time for America to stop treating the care of our sick as a buissness. Each citizen deserves the best care possible. Health care is a right that no one should be denied to. If you feel that those who can't pay should die on the street I challange you to prove me wrong.
jennifer71240

Con

The government shouldn't be responsible for people. Yes, health care should be made readily available to the vast majority of people, but for the government to control it completely is absurd. The American people need to be responsible for themselves, the government can't take baby them and just do everything for them. Where do you suggest we get the funds for a government based health care program? Do you suggest we raise taxes, and make hard working Americans pay for others insurance. That doesn't seem fair at all. I realize there are people who just can't afford health care and we should help them, but there are people who would just stop working and live of the government. There needs to be a healthy balance, but as for a socialist form of health care, that is not the answer to a health care crisis.
Chickenman

Pro

Government control of health care is in no way absurd. This is one area of our country in which the government should be in control. America spends far too much money on medical care. Administrative and pharmaceutical costs alone bring the cost per person into the thousands. As of right now America spends 16 percent of its GDP on health care. That's more than 2 trillion dollars, or all of France's GDP. If we pay so much, shouldn't we get the best health care? 37th on the WHO's list of best health care systems doesn't look like the 1st place we should have.

The reason why we get so little out of our system is because it is a business. It's a business that will never run out of customers, and that's why everybody wants a piece of the pie. We can't boycott the system because we would die of the illnesses before they changed. As a business these health care providers' only concern is to ensure they bring in lots of profit. If they can do that and give you the care that you need than everybody's happy. If the care you might need would set the company back than you can forget your treatment, no matter how much you pay per month.

A system run by the government wouldn't try to get profit. It would have to try and give the American taxpayers as much for its money as possible. The one thing politicians are afraid of is a loss of votes to the other candidate. An entire third of what Americans spend on health care goes to administrative costs. That's almost 700 billion dollars of our money going to CEOs. There is no middle balance in this system. Universal health care is just as justified and important as our educational system or our fire departments or our police departments. These services are essential to our citizens' safety and development.

The current system allows for too much corruption and that is why it can no longer serve the American people well.
jennifer71240

Con

jennifer71240 forfeited this round.
Chickenman

Pro

Chickenman forfeited this round.
jennifer71240

Con

jennifer71240 forfeited this round.
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
You made a very generalized statement saying you are probably the only one on the site that is justified in judging the European healthcare system. I think it is wonderful that your brothers life was saved there. I am sure people are saved there. I am not saying that it is all bad, just that the bad aspects are too important to ignore. We have better medical facilities here and to adopt a socialized health care system will jeapordize that.
Posted by Chickenman 9 years ago
Chickenman
I said probabaly. I'm sorry you had bad care in Scotland. The system here saved my brother's life. Until I have a bad experience I am not going to speak poorly of the system.
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
chickenman , why is that????? How are you possibly the only person who can judge is European care is good? My husband is from Scotland , my inlaws all live there and I am frequently there and I have been in the hospitals there. I have all been to Ireland almost every year (I'm 27 ) and all my family live there. so I think I can safely judge just as you what the standard of care is. I also have many military wive friends that are stationed in germany and rest assured if anyone I knew from any of those countries were sick they would prefer to be here. My SIL was sick , she saw the doctor 6 or 7 times and they said she had anxiety ... she was passing out in the shower, weak, headaches , numbness. Do you know who diagnosed her? I did and when she went to the doctor (after waiting 3 more weeks for an apointment ) and told the doctor I am positive I need to be tested for B12 deficiency , he tried telling her she was paranoid and it was probably mental and he would put her on antideppressents. Her mother finally went in (another 3 weeks ) and demanded the test and sure enough I was right, she got the shots and felt better within a few weeks. My husband's grandmother had cancer , we went to see her. The hospital was disgusting. I wouldn't take my dog there. I had to change my daughter who was an infant and I had to take her outside it was so dirty. That is what socialized healthcare will do.Don't always assume that you are the only one with information. I got sick in Ireland and was treated wrong and ended up with strep in my kidneys when I got home and a hospital stay.
Posted by Chickenman 9 years ago
Chickenman
I lived in England when my dad was stationed there in the Air force. The care that we saw was very good. I am probably one of the only people on this site that is justifed in judging European health care.
Posted by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
Look at the QUALITY OF CARE in the socialized countries

you will find it severely lacking, despite the lies of the fat slob michael moore
Posted by Vikuta 9 years ago
Vikuta
What good is insurance when people are denied coverage for necessary procedures?
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
what good is universal health care if our standard of care drops ?
Posted by debate777 9 years ago
debate777
Americans should not be dumped on the road like junk!
It's unjust and unfair to people who can't pay, which brings up the subject of health care, which many Americans cannot afford!!!
Posted by jennifer71240 9 years ago
jennifer71240
sorry for the few typos...
Vote Placed by SocialistRI82 9 years ago
SocialistRI82
Chickenmanjennifer71240Tied
Vote Placed by Chickenman 9 years ago
Chickenman
Chickenmanjennifer71240Tied
Vote Placed by Debater2008 9 years ago
Debater2008
Chickenmanjennifer71240Tied
Vote Placed by kenito001 9 years ago
kenito001
Chickenmanjennifer71240Tied
Vote Placed by Solarman1969 9 years ago
Solarman1969
Chickenmanjennifer71240Tied
Vote Placed by adamh 9 years ago
adamh
Chickenmanjennifer71240Tied
Vote Placed by Aeschylus-Dawn 9 years ago
Aeschylus-Dawn
Chickenmanjennifer71240Tied
Vote Placed by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
Chickenmanjennifer71240Tied