x_toxic_x
BriarEvans2016

The United States ought to extend due process protections to non-citizens accused of terrorism.

x_toxic_x

Con

This debate will be Lincoln-Douglas style, and the format will apply (AC, Neg CX, NC, Aff CX, AR1, NR, AR2).
AFF goes first.
BriarEvans2016

Pro

Hello. I say that we just put you in for Aff since you've already went first.
I'll kindly go Neg!
x_toxic_x

Con

x_toxic_x forfeited this round.
BriarEvans2016

Pro

My opponent has forfeited the previous round. So now I'll present my side:.

The United States ought to extend to non-citizens accused of terrorism, the same constitutional due process protections it grants to its citizens.
(NEGATIVE)

Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve. - George W. Bush.
Because I agree with this quote recited by George W. Bush, I negate todays resolution of; The United States ought to extend to non-citizens accused of terrorism, the same constitutional due process protections it grants to its citizens. Before I go on any further, let's go over some key terms where in which I have received from Dictionary.Com;
"Ought - used to indicate duty or correctness, typically when criticizing someone's actions
"Non-Citizens - a person who is not an inhabitant or national of a particular country or town.
"Accused - a person or group of people who are charged with or on trial for a crime.
"Terrorism - the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
"Constitutional - of or relating to an established set of principles governing a state.
"Due Process - fair treatment through the normal judicial system, esp. as a citizen's entitlement.
"Protections - the action of protecting someone or something, or the state of being protected.
"Citizens - a legally recognized subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalized.
"(Native) - a person born in a specified place or associated with a place by birth.
"(Naturalized) " admit to the citizenship of a country.
"(George W. Bush) -

My value for today's round is Protection which is the action of protecting someone or something, or the state of being protected. To support my value and case, I'll be using the Criterion of John Locke's Social Contract which is an implicit agreement among the members of a society to cooperate for social benefits.
"(Implicit)
"(Agreement)

C1. Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
I say this tagline for the reason of that my opponent has this inputted in their case. I would like to add as well that Guantanamo Bay is where accused terrorists go before being found guilty. But within this contention, I'll tell you why my opponents side of Guantanamo Bay being a torture chamber for innocent people is indeed false.

A. The Lowering Of The Number Of People.
In an article that I have found on Reprive.Org, it shows that from 2002 and now, 55% of all prisoners at "Gitmo" Bay are indeed innocent. So for my opponent to state that a handful of innocent people are being held there is unnecessary. Still, as we speak, America is letting people go out of Gitmo, so though innocent people HAVE been held and accused of terrorism, 55% of the prison is filled with false criminals.

B. The Act Of Torturing.
I am going to say that "torturing" and "abusing" the accused terrorist is a positive thing to do. My statement to back this up will be that by water boarding them, giving them less sleep, and eventually making them confess will help us citizens stay safe and protected in the
long run. By doing these acts of torturing, we will hopefully separate the guilty from the innocent.

C. Guantanamo Bay, Cuba Is A PRISON! NOT HELL!
Like I have recently stated, Guantanamo Bay is not in particular a place filled with all innocent people. Innocent people being accused of terrorism that are currently resigned to Gitmo are probably living in a world of hell while in reality, THEY will not go through much hell as the guilty will. Do you guys honestly think that innocent people go through more troubles than guilty? Let's use an analogy for this sub point. Take a criminal that has just robbed Wal-Mart and a person that has depression problems. The criminal will lose all of his rights, respect, and dignity from the country while the bipolar person STILL has their rights and STILL is a citizen. The point that I am trying to make is, the innocent people go through hell but eventaully find the bright light while the guilty will NEVER find the bright light in the depths of prisons and behind bars.

C2. Every Citizen In America The Right For A Fair Trial.
The Bill Of Rights: Amendment 6 states that everyone has the right for a fair trial. This is meaning that if there WAS an accused terrorist, they'd have to be tried a TERRORIST. In the court, you could either be found guilty or innocent. Though there have been false statements and false judges, America has found those that are NOT GUILTY and have taken them out leaving the Guilty to wish they were out.

A.
Protects the right to a fair and speedy public trial by jury, including the rights to be notified of the accusations, to confront the accuser, to obtain witnesses and to retain counsel
x_toxic_x

Con

x_toxic_x forfeited this round.
BriarEvans2016

Pro

My opponent has forfeited their rounds to the Neg. Side. I shall see no other votes going to the Aff for the Neg wins.
Posted by x_toxic_x 4 years ago
x_toxic_x
._. whoops sorry
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
Well seeing as you've already broken the round structure (AC goes first, then NC), all I would have to do is accept and point that out for a win.

Regardless, I don't feel like putting my cases on the internet.
Posted by x_toxic_x 4 years ago
x_toxic_x
Oh sorry let me fix that
Posted by baseballkid 4 years ago
baseballkid
How can timings apply when you are typing it. Also, I thought that it was a new LD topic this month.