The United States president is the most important job in the world

I am arguing that the President of the United States is the most important job in the world.
round 1 - acceptance
round 2 - arguments
round 3 - final rebuttel
12 hour time period

President - the highest executive officer of a modern republic, as the Chief Executive of the United States.

I will accept, taking the position that no, the president is not the most important job in thhe world.

Thank you to my opponent for this opportunity.

I would like to start by asking if there is anything I can do to change your mind?
If so, I will go and find that information as I would like to convince you of my argument.

Here are the reasons why I think the President of the United States is the most important jog in the world:
1. The President is the leader of the third largest country in the world by population.
2. A country with the most powerful military in the world.
3. A country with the largest technology infrastructure in the world.
- A country wielding this much power needs to be carefully and concisely run

Although the duties of the President are of high importance, they are not of utmost importance. As most people know, the President eats food and lives in a shelter to stay alive. He drinks clean water and yet, he is not the one who provides this, neither to him or his people. It is the people who work, and the companies that employ those people that are the most important jobs.

The President of the U.S.A. does nothing to provide the most basic needs for the world. What he provides is security. This is not as important because, as human beings, we can easily provide this for ourselves should the need arrive. If we must protect ourselves, we will do it. Don’t get me wrong, the security that is provided by the President/U.S. Government is much appreciated. However, I appreciate the hard work of the farmers, builders, and those that organize those things much more.

The President only lives because of these providers, yet those providers do not completely rely on the president. Thus, the farmers and workers are more important jobs than the president. Taking that into consideration though, should we pay them more because they do a more important job? No. People get paid more when a business earns more as a direct result of that person.

This is the source I will be using.

The president of the United States is the leader of the executive branch of government.
The executive branch of government is the most powerful branch of government.
I say this because the executive branch holds the responsibility of approving and implementing laws created by the legislative branch of government.

A countries laws are what gives a state its identity.

Now, in a country with the most powerful military in the world our laws in the United States create a ripple effect throughout the rest of the world.

"The power of the Executive Branch is vested in the President of the United States, who also acts as head of state and Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces." -

With the most powerful armed forces in the world, a military that is responsible for carrying out our laws and policies set by the president of the United States, the president is the most important job in the world.

That is my argument.
Thank you for you're time.

I thought this was a rebuttul round. You just restated your points and added sources. Oh well.

Although all the duties of the president are drastically important to the country, they do not help the world as much as workers and farmers do. Basic needs must be met before anything else can be done. This is why in the Hierarchy of Needs, food, water, air, etc. are at the first layer, and security is at the second layer.

\/ \/ Hierarchy of Needs Picture \/ \/;
Posted by Beardon87 6 months ago
Beardon87 since the first link didn't work.
Posted by clementine1030 6 months ago
But he only directly effects the U.S.A. So maybe most important job in the country. But not the world. Because he is not in charge of the whole world.
Posted by TheRussian 6 months ago
I'll accept if you allow more time for responses. Also, given the resolution, the BoP is solely on you.
Vote Placed by random_noob 6 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro argues that the President of the US is the most important job because the US have the most powerful military and the largest technology infrastructure, while he admits that the US is only 3rd in population. Pro 's main argument is military. Con argues, using maslow's hierarchy of needs, that those that provide food/water etc are more important. I must admit that I am not entirely convinced by this argument, that a farmer is more important than the President of the US. However, Pro did not present any counter arguments, so Con wins arguments.