Debatequeen1
Ariesx

The United States should close its borders

Debatequeen1

Pro

I am for the United States closing the borders for many reasons.
Con will argue against me and state that they believe the United States should keep the borders open.
I am willing to challenge anyone on this debate.
Ariesx

Con

I am for the United States not closing the borders, because I believe that everyone should have an equal chance to get the freedom America has to offer. America was founded on the phrase(All men are created equal), and we should also implement this logic on the people that want to come into America. The people on the against me would usually bring up the illegal immigrant topic to attack my side, but I will also be going into comprehensive immigration reform in round 2.
Debatequeen1

Pro

Too many people are taking advantage of the borders being open. Do you know how many illegal immigrants are in the a United States? There are millions when there should be none. Do you think that it's fair for people to just come into our country and live here illegally? And on top of that, get free health care insurance, food stamps, etc? Our country is already paying for millions of poor people; it certainly doesn't need to pay for illegals, too!
Ariesx

Con

Too many people are taking advantage! That is ridiculous. Poor Mexicans come to America searching for freedom. They hop over the fences, because they think that it is the easy way in America. They don't know that they are breaking the law, because there is no comprehensive immigration reform. It takes 8 years for a Mexican to become an American If you read the immigration reform bill, you would see that it wants 34,00 patrol officers on the look out for Mexicans. A Mexican wanting to come to America will be welcomed in, and have to visit an office to get there citizenship test filled out.

Now if we are able to pass immigration reform, and have more illegal immigrants become legal. Than that will reduce the millions of dollars we are spending. Now we can take the time on focusing on the benefits immigrants have to offer. Immigrants are hardworking people it seems like. Companies love immigrants because they work harder than the average American. They have a drive to catch the American dream. They have the drive that Henry Ford had when he created cheap cars for people. Immigrants can benefit America in a positive way.

http://www.immigrationpolicy.org...
http://cjonline.com...
Debatequeen1

Pro

No Mexican who comes over the border is "poor". They all know that it's illegal, but they come over here anyway. Many of them have been sent away, but they're still so stubborn that they keep on trying to get to the United States. It certainly isn't the United States' fault if the people in Mexico aren't happy there.

Immigrants have no benefits to offer. And they all certainly aren't hard working. Some of them are and some of them aren't, just like Americans. Saying that immigrants work harder than the average American is not even a valid argument. Immigrants don't benefit America at all, especially illegal immigrants!
Ariesx

Con

My opponent has presented points that would be considered invalid. She did not have a source. She says that Immigrants have no benefits to offer. I provided sources on my statement declaring the idea that companies liked immigrants better. She had no sources which means that her statement is invalid. She also claims that immigrants working harder than Americans isn't a valid argument. If immigrants are working harder than the average American, than they can benefit America. They have the strive to get to a manageable income. We should value that, because they are one of the only Americans that value the American dream. Vote for Con, because Con was not basing his judgments on opinions. Con had more logic, and evidence in his case.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
If I were president I would close the borders, especially the southern border, in a couple of months. Two fences 200 yards apart. A mine field in between.99 % of illegals would be forced to stay in their own countries and fix what is wrong there instead of coming here bringing their problems here.
Posted by UchihaMadara 2 years ago
UchihaMadara
Y'know it doesn't have to be completely open or completely closed, right?