DebaterEpic
Hayd

The United States should fund Syrian Rebels to Combat ISIS

Hayd has forfeited round #1.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 9/7/2016 Category: News
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

DebaterEpic

Con

During the Vietnam War, the United States began the policy of Vietnamization, that is to replace American troops with South Vietnam soldiers. This hasn't worked at all. After the Paris Peace Conference, South Vietnam still fell to the North. This policy hasn't worked out in Afghanistan either. Afghanistan forces "crumbled" after ISIS attacked, even with U.S. training. If this is a tactic that fails over and over again, why should the United States even commit to it?

http://www.bloomberg.com...
http://www.history.com...
Posted by Hayd 1 year ago
Hayd
Sweet :)
Posted by DebaterEpic 1 year ago
DebaterEpic
Sure.
Posted by Hayd 1 year ago
Hayd
I understand this is a serious issue, and I will treat it as such. Its just that I can't over the weekend because of the soccer tournament. I think it would be best to wait. Trying to postpone responses is tricky and risky.

So I'll accept and submit my opening arguments on Monday. Is that cool?
Posted by DebaterEpic 1 year ago
DebaterEpic
Why don't you try to submit your response early, but if you can't, I'll be happy to wait. This is a serious issue, and I hope we can have some meaningful discussion on it.
Posted by Hayd 1 year ago
Hayd
Would it be fine if I accept this on Monday? I have a soccer tournament over the weekend and thus won't be able to submit a response then. Unless we time it so that I submit my response right before I leave and you delay submitting yours until as late as possible. Your choice
Posted by Hayd 1 year ago
Hayd
Change the settings to select winner voting system rather than 7 point, change the rounds to 4 rounds, change the time to submit to 72 hours and then I'll accept. Feel free to send the challenge to me.