brad1234982
kjorstad

The United States should get rid of political parties

brad1234982

Pro

The United States should get rid of the Democrat, Republican, and all other political parties and have a bracket style elections.
kjorstad

Con

I accept the Con side in this debate; as such, I assume the stance of supporting the current political party system of the United States.

I move that for this debate, we hold a criterion of net benefits-therefore, whichever side demonstrates their position to hold greater 'net benefits' for society and the American political system, should win.

I would ask that the Pro side clarify precisely what said "bracket style elections" would entail, though I am sure Pro will be fully elaborating on the style in their first argument.

Here's to a great debate!
brad1234982

Pro

brad1234982 forfeited this round.
kjorstad

Con

Due to a failure of the Pro side to offer any argumentation, all points flow to the Con side.

I sincerely hope you intend to offer argumentation. I await your response.
brad1234982

Pro

brad1234982 forfeited this round.
kjorstad

Con

As Pro has once again forfeited, I can only conclude that Pro has no arguments to offer. As the burden of proof lies with the Pro to uphold the resolution and substantiate his claim, and as Pro has neglected to both argue why the status quo party system is bad, and explain what the proposed alternative would be, the Pro side has not upheld the burden of proof in this debate. As such, until such a time when the Pro offers argumentation, the Con has the round.
Posted by kjorstad 2 years ago
kjorstad
It would be nice if you actually engaged in a discussion, since you suggested the topics.
Posted by Malachi7777 2 years ago
Malachi7777
If you could more adequately describe what a "Bracket style" election could look like, i'd be more than willing to take the challenge.
Posted by CentristX 2 years ago
CentristX
That's an interesting idea, except we are voting for the President of the United States, not the champion of the NCAA tournament.