ConservativePolitico
AnDoctuir

The User Known as AnDoctuir Should Go Back to Being the User badger

ConservativePolitico

ConservativePolitico

Pro

AnDoctuir is a former member known as badger. He has also made other accounts such as PrivateEye and seems to change his account on a regular basis.

I think he should go back to being just badger.

First round is for acceptance only.

No semantics or trolling.
AnDoctuir

Con

This should be interesting.
ConservativePolitico

Pro

1. He Never Denies That He Is Badger

He claims to not want to be badger any longer yet when asked or confronted he proudly states that he is indeed the former member known as badger. If he is so easy to cough up his true identity, why not go back to being who he started as? His style never changes so everyone always knows its the same user anyways so why continue to change accounts? For the sake of continuity he should go back to being badger.

2. Renown and Prestige

Over his past 3 or so accounts this user has racked up over a thousand forum posts that could have been going towards his badger account. If he goes back to being badger he can continue to acquire these stats on one account thus gaining prestige and renown in the community. This user is not afraid to make offensive, numerous and blatant posts so he clearly is not shying away from the community so why not be this way on a single account?

3. Continuity and Ease

Instead of bouncing from unestablished account to unestablished account he should go back to his one main account for the ease of the community. It would be much easier to interact with this user on a more meaningful level if he didn't change accounts every week. It would also establish a sense of continuity so it would be easier to gauge badger and his responses over time thus giving everyone a more workable medium in which to interact with. It would also ease up the clutter of the forums. Instead of having hundreds of forum posts by low ELO, noob-like accounts cluttering the forums which were all posted by a single member it would be much better if all of these were coming from a single account.

Since badger has no qualms about admitting he is badger he should return to being badger, gain some more stats, prestige and renown while helping keep the site easier to use by increasing continuity and decreasing clutter.

It would be better for badger and the community at large if AnDoctuir returned to being badger.

AnDoctuir

Con

Phew! I thought I was in for it there. But not so bad of points, CP. Good job bro. However, I disagree, and now onto my arguments.

Change:

Basically, I am of the opinion that we are an ever-changing being, and feel I should solidly represent this in my changing - make it unigornable, say. I think it is an important point to stress as it is one that many would blatantly disregard. I am the better for my changing, if any of you remember me in the days of badger, or have heard about me, and in people's considering such it might alleviate them of their silly fear of change. People are afraid of W's changing into M's for God's sake: http://en.wikipedia.org...

Hypnotic Effect:

There is a phenomenon of mind where argument is generally considered as just offensive, and thus something to be repelled rather than actually considered. Constantly switching it up takes from this conception by removing what's considered to be the assaulting element, leaving the hearer of an argument more likely to actually take it on board, as an assault can not actually then be conceived of then. What would the proponent of the argument have to gain in not being present after the argument has been made? The answer that most people will go to, and especially on forums, is nothing, and thus they are more likely to actually hear the argument.

Personal Feelings:

I actually feel as though it is good for me to change it up every once in a while. As CP has said, I'm almost instantly recognisable still, and this gives me a tingly feeling inside. Maybe it's to be a bit of a control freak, but it offers me a sort of transcendent feeling on this here internet, a feeling that I'm really pouring my soul into what I do here, rather than just being text. I like that feeling, and am I really such a burden in acting on it? You might say I feel powerful in my being instantly recognisable :D

Rebuttals/some further argument:

Renown and Prestige:

Quantity =/= Quality. Back in the days of badger I was quite the different sort altogether. I racked up numerous fights, crashed numerous cars, nearly succumbed to numerous overdoses, broke numerous laws and women's hearts, and all for nothing - to feel as though I had control over all the destruction which I don't. I even went so far as to essentially lobotomise myself. There is no renown or prestige for me as badger, only as a progression from badger. I was a troll who laughed off the greatest of injustice, badgering rather than making sincere argument - all said, I was no good to anyone. Well, besides in facilitating their delusion, but that is simply not the person I wish to be anymore, and as such, I will let the account lie disactivated. I have gone full Time Lord, my friends.

Of course I could try to build a new prestigious account for myself, but then that's not what this debate is about, is it? :P

Continuity and Ease:

I'm actually not intending to stay very long, to be honest. I'm just here to see what my writing looks like all grammatical-like. Thoughts? Recommendations? I'd appreciate them. But getting back to the matter at hand - yeah, that's about it. I'm not going for continuity and I do like to friend request people :D

Hot potato!

ConservativePolitico

Pro

Counters

Change

Ironically, my opponent says that he feels that he is "an ever-changing being" and yet, he is the same person every time he reincarnates himself. If he was a different persona with each new account, that would be a different story. However, badger is and always will be badger. He merely slaps a different name on himself. He's not an ever changing person, he's always the same person. The closest he ever got to changing was making a thread saying he was going to be a capitalist but then said just kidding two posts in. If the change was more profound he might have a case, yet his change is always negligible.

Hypnotic Effect

I argue that he should go back to being badger because attempting to hypnotize the population of a website against their will is morally wrong. Also, as I pointed out, badger never really changes. You can spot him from a mile away. The only thing hypnotic about badger's changing visage is to wonder what kind of absurd name he'll come up with for his next account.

I affirm that this next statement is nonsense:

"What would the proponent of the argument have to gain in not being present after the argument has been made? The answer that most people will go to, and especially on forums, is nothing, and thus they are more likely to actually hear the argument."

If I am arguing with someone and they up leave and disappear I am not more likely hear their argument, I'm most likely to forget it. Why would I fret over the points of a person who won't stick around to see them through.

You're not hypnotizing anyone, you hardly change. Go back to being your true self.

Personal Feelings

Badger admits he is instantly recognizable when he comes onto the site which adds to my weight that this idea that he is a "changing" being is false. I don't think the fact that changing your account every week or so gives you a tingly feeling is good grounds for cluttering the forums with your multis. You merely like the attention you get by coming back as a new user every so often. How about you get that attention elsewhere instead of hindering all of us with your nonsense?

Renown & Prestige

You should strive to return the respect and glory to your old account. People would respect a real change in you as badger instead of continuous superfluous change as these multis. If you came back as badger and won over the people by showing real change from the old troll you used to be and made an effort to be a better member the change would be real and more respected than these games. A lot of users changed over time and have gained respect. MouthWash (now Eithan_Zoltan or whoever), 000ike, lannan13 have all risen from areas of neglect, presumptuousness and dislike to places of higher respect in the community through subtle changes in their personality. This is much more respectable and prestigious. Rebuild badger!

Continuity and Ease

Badger claims he never stays long but that is false. He has been here for months now in one form or another and when he "leaves" he will merely come back as another user. You ignored my arguments about your multis cluttering the forums. It is a sad waste of user names as well. No new members can use any of the names you so readily take on then discard. For the sake of ease of site use, decreasing forum clutter and making it easier to interact with the new badger, stick to one account, the original. Rebuild yourself, change your personality not just your name and make it easier for all of us.

AnDoctuir should go back to being badger.

AnDoctuir

Con

AnDoctuir forfeited this round.
Posted by Sitara 3 years ago
Sitara
So a troll calls ME a troll? Don't make me laugh, Mr. Dr.
Posted by Poetaster 3 years ago
Poetaster
"...broke numerous laws and women's hearts.."

I must say, you have a certain element of renegade wit about you, Doctuir.
Posted by AnDoctuir 3 years ago
AnDoctuir
I have some reprogramming still to do.
Posted by ConservativePolitico 3 years ago
ConservativePolitico
Exactly, he needs to stick to one. The original badger!
Posted by TULIP 3 years ago
TULIP
He was badger too?? Goodness... How many accounts have you had AnDoctuir? Lol
Vote Placed by rajun 3 years ago
rajun
ConservativePoliticoAnDoctuirTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both are equal..pro gets it in conduct while con gets it for spelling and grammar...
Vote Placed by FrackJack 3 years ago
FrackJack
ConservativePoliticoAnDoctuirTied
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
ConservativePoliticoAnDoctuirTied
Reasons for voting decision: CONDUCT: Skipped round. S&G: Errors noted, but not enough to tip the scales. ARGUMENT: Con insists he lobotamized himself, and came back Dr Who style as a new person (or several). Yet The Doctor is recognizable by name, not style. AnDoctuir is happy to be recognized instantly by his style and mannerisms, making the new name rather redundant. SOURCES: A single source was used (honestly a few links for threads would have been nice, for comparison), and that source was not actually connected to the argument, but was kind of tossed in at random.