Khaos_Mage
Haroush

The User known as KhaosMage should not be branded a troll

Khaos_Mage

Khaos_Mage

Pro

BOP is on Con to prove that KhaosMage should be branded a troll.

A troll is defined as one who purposefully derails threads or posts in a manner that is disrespectful to others and/or causes frivolous tension for the sole purpose of one's amusement.

Con may begin in Round 1.
Haroush

Con

Introduction:

Khaos Mage has personally trolled me on my forum posts for a while now. And yes, this is based off of the definition in which Pro provided. Since Pro is trying to provide defense for Khaos Mage, I will be presented evidence and explnations
that prove Khaos Mage is a troll. Let me make something clear here, Khaos Mage's character is in question not mine.

I. Khaos Mage's character

A.) Jerk

Defined: a contemptibly obnoxious person.

1.) http://www.debate.org...

Just look at this poll. Why would someone who is genuine get involved in a poll like this and
give an answer such as, "He does only hire elves. So, yeah, he's a racist." He clearly made
this comment to bolster his ego and have himself be heard, not to mention intentionally
irritate someone who cares about Sanata.

B.) Facetious

Defined: treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant

1.) http://www.debate.org...

In this debate, Khaos Mage debates the topic of "The Color Yellow is Gay". As you can see this topic isn't very
serious at all, furthermore showing Khaos Mage would rather be sarcastic than be serious. Though I know this isn't
enough to prove he is facetious, so I will present another piece of evidence.

2.) http://www.debate.org...

Here is a clear example of Khaos Mage being facetious. Just copy and paste the link and read the first. There isn't
much text to read.

C.) Ignorant

Defined: discourteous or rude.

Some of the examples above show Khaos Mage being discourteous and rude.

II. Low quality remarks (specifically on my threads)

A.) I.B.2

As you seen in this piece of evidence, his remarks were very poor in quality, despite the fact we ALL know Khaos Mage
is much more capable than low quality comments such as on that forum post of mine.

B.) If you go through my forum posts, you'll notice where ever Khaos Mage shows up, he tends to not really be serious
about giving serious answers that are actually worth something.

Summary: Khoas Mage shouldn't necessarily be branded a troll, but when it comes to the relationship between him and I he
should be branded a troll.
Khaos_Mage

Pro

Since Con has admitted that I am not a troll, there is no case I really need to make.

On to the rebuttals:
Jerk:
If it is true, it is anyone's fault that someone takes offense. Santa only hires one race, therefore he is clearly racist. Con needs to explain why this comment is not genuine.

Facetious:
1. The debate "The Color Yellow is Gay" is, by Con's admission, "not very serious", ergo, my participation in the debate is not facetious.

2. The first post was me asking for a definition and giving an anecdote as to why the definition is important to the discussion. Then, I gave a shallow reason (why should I go into detail without knowing the definitions of key concepts), and gave an anecdote as to why friends don't last at younger ages as well. I ended with a question, asking why you should retain brotherly love from those who have hurt you.

Con needs to address how this is making light of a serious topic. He simply asserts it is so.

The second post in that thread was regarding assumptions made, and trying to have a discussion.
The third post I made was completely ignored, which offered three examples of teen brotherly love.

Ignorant:
Aside the fact this is an informal definition of the term, it is merely a repeat of his first point (jerk) and does not offer any direct evidence.

Low quality of posts:
A: He only cites the above thread (Facetious 2), and I ask:
how I can offer such valuable insight, when my questions aren't being addressed?

Further, what Con overlooks is the fact that I have had a few dealings with him, and I am sure I come across as turse, because I don't feel like investing hours for someone who seems incapable of a simple discussion because he takes offense too quickly or does not address key concepts, like definitions or facts.

Also, how can I give quality comments, if I am unsure of the topic? I tread lightly to get information, then I can discuss in more depth. Unfortunatley for Con, for whatever reason, this has yet to come to fruition.

B: Does not offer evidence, and instead offers an obvious generalization.

---
Not one of these arguments remotely comes close to meet BOP, nor has any relevance to the definiton agreed upon of a troll.
Haroush

Con

I extend this round to my opponent.
Khaos_Mage

Pro

Con has not meet his burden of proof.
Not one of his arguments is on-topic to the agreed definition of troll.

Con's arguments were fully rebutted and subsequently dropped.
Con admitted that Khaos_Mage is not a troll.

The victor is clear.

On a side note:
I'm sorry if Con has an issue with Khaos_Mage, but the issue exists due to his failures to engage appropriately in the thread, as evidenced by his failure to engage appropriately in this debate. Any animosity he feels from Khaos_Mage is completely his own doing (either by his actions or in his imagination).
Haroush

Con

Rebuttals:

Facetious:

1. "The debate "The Color Yellow is Gay" is, by Con's admission, "not very serious", ergo, my participation in the debate is not facetious."

I wasn't arguing you were being facetious, but that your character shows a genuine need to have a facetious character of not treating serious matters appropriately in an intentional way.

Therefore shows Khaos Mage has a need to be facetious without knowing he is.

2. Now, let's look at my OP in my thread "Why do young males lack brotherly love?"....

"I figured I'd post this topic as it has caught my interest here recently. Not just from my own experience, but from what I have observed in America's society.

When I was a kid, I was what you would consider a loner. Now despite this, I was sociable and did have friends of the same sex. The difference between others and I was, I didn't have no close friends.

As I grew up, I noticed I was much different from all the other boys as they seemed to be very stereotypical to me (perhaps they were). The problem was I drew a lot of unwanted attention to myself as well as a few other kids I knew. This lead to me being bullied here and there. Eventually, this became much more prevalent as I went into higher grades.

So, you would think I hold this view young males lack brotherly love just because of my personal struggles in school. Though when I look back at when I was growing up, I noticed many of the kids I knew growing up parted ways more and more as they got older.

Oddly enough the same couldn't be said when it came to the girls I knew. They seemed to stick together while the males were more separative from each other. To make matters worse, it seemed males lacked any kind of sympathy for each other. For example, I remember many of males who were friends that would screw each other over in a heart beat for their own sake or wants. Then after they would do something like start some rumor to humiliate the person, or steal the guy's girlfriend, they'd feel no remorse for their actions.

It's really hard for me to understand how people can be so cruel without having any kind of hardship about what they have just done. Have any of you experienced this personally or observantly?

May I also ask why it seemed the educational system was much more focused on girls than it was on boys? Of course, I am talking about from 1991 to 1997. Well, even after those years too.

I just don't see where one gender is more important than the other or why honorable men are being lead to extinction. Now maybe some of you think this idea is kind of extreme, but the society in which we are creating will inevitably make this happen.

The only way these trends can be reversed is if people stop focusing so much on women, but also focusing equally on men's issues. This means starting all the way from the bottom in elementary school.

Not to mention, parents paying more attention to their kids during their developmental years.

There is plenty more I could add to this, but I'll leave the rest for the discussion. "
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, do any of you interpret this as this.......

"It would help if you define friends and brotherly love.
I have noticed that "friends" is a loose term people like to throw around.
In about 2006 or so, I knew a teen girl who tried to jump off a bridge.

She was shocked that not one of her dozens of friends ever called her or came to the hospital. I wasn't. Because her friends were people she hung out with (and had sex with, and partied with, and did drugs with). There was no bond.

So, to answer your question, women stick together more likely because they are more likely to bond with others. Men are not.
Men are also more likely to be greedy and sell out another friend (i.e. screw them over), while women are not.

Keeping in mind that teenage years are difficult for teens mentally given their numerous changes, both physiologically and mentally. I, personally, switched groups of friends at least four times from 5th grade on.
I went from the people I lived near, to the people I got along with (because I could bike across town), to the NEW people I had more in common with as I discovered myself, to the NEW people I found to be part of MY group.

Why should there be love between people who burned you?"

It's obvious I explained these guys who I explained were "friends".. Seen each other as friends, just that they had internal issues whether it was the cause of society or because of their own personal problems. Furthermore, I was attempting to make a direct link between the changes in boys behavior to the way society has changed it's view on gender importance.

This being said, shows Khaos Mage as being both ignorant and facetious because of his lack of understanding (misinterpretation) and facetious because he expressed how issues like this where someone is being bullied is usually because they are a glutton for punishment and are just doing it for attention.

Which adds insult to injury especially when you consider how I explained I was bullied and not treated right in school. Therefore, without any kind of specific disclaimer, his views and opinions are very vague, ignorant, and facetious.

This also shows Khaos Mage as displaying low quality posts on at least this thread of mine. Though of course like I said, when ever he'd show up where I'd comment he do the same thing and never at least once find a general similar understanding between us to show some respect.

Furthermore, let's look at this response Khaos Mage gave in round 2...

"Further, what Con overlooks is the fact that I have had a few dealings with him, and I am sure I come across as turse, because I DON'T FEEL LIKE INVESTING hours for SOMEONE who seems INCAPABLE of a SIMPLE DISCUSSION because he takes offense too quickly or does not address key concepts, like definitions or facts."

This is a display of ignorance in it's self and shows he doesn't even value taking things seriously if there isn't a clear understanding between him and someone else. Which shows what I am saying is true because the character I portrayed of Khaos Mage is what comes with immaturity. It is simple as that.

Lastly, he was the one who cited the definition of a troll and I used that definition clearly. We agreed upon the circumstances of this debate and last but not least, this debate is about KHAOS MAGE'S CHARACTER, not MINE!

The truth rests with Con! Khaos Mage is a troll in regards to his relationship with Haroush!
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Khaos you troll lol
Posted by Haroush 2 years ago
Haroush
Either way I won this debate.. I know I did.
Posted by Khaos_Mage 2 years ago
Khaos_Mage
Ben 671176, can you clarify your RFD?
Posted by Haroush 2 years ago
Haroush
I disagree with your vote 9packing, but I respect it as you at least gave a genuine reason as to why you voted the way you did. Thank you!
Posted by Khaos_Mage 2 years ago
Khaos_Mage
Why am I being notified there are votes on this, when there are none?
Posted by Haroush 2 years ago
Haroush
Dsj, that was horrible and there was no RFD. I must say, you shouldn't have voted at all.
Posted by Haroush 2 years ago
Haroush
I'll have an argument for you by tomorrow.
Posted by Haroush 2 years ago
Haroush
Just leave the word out considered and use branded as in your title now.
Posted by Haroush 2 years ago
Haroush
That works.
Posted by Khaos_Mage 2 years ago
Khaos_Mage
How's that?
I am not opening the door to let you try to redefine the word or resolution.
It is whether I should be considered a troll.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Khaos_MageHaroushTied
Reasons for voting decision: He is not a troll. He is a comedian.
Vote Placed by ben671176 2 years ago
ben671176
Khaos_MageHaroushTied
Reasons for voting decision: Troll, though Con made it personal so Pro got a point.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Khaos_MageHaroushTied
Reasons for voting decision: con had too much new stuff that randomly came out in the last round, so I'm ignoring much of the new arguments, and pro wins as a result.