WolfTerrorists
Mangoburle

The Voting Age in the United States should be lowered to 14.

WolfTerrorists

Pro

This first round will be for acceptence.
Mangoburle

Con

I most certainly accept your challenge. :)
WolfTerrorists

Pro

I believe Americans at the age of 14 should have the right to vote because, unlike what many people will say, 14 year olds are actually infatuated with politics especially during presidential elections. During the times of the Dark Ages, children at the age of 7 had automatically obtained, "The Age of Understanding" and were executed for crimes unlike today where we have a juvenile system.

Although the youngest globally countries have set the age limit is 16, this should not exclude 14 year olds because it's also during the time when puberty is almost over and you begin to turn into an adult. There have been arguments that 14 year olds should be able to drive as well and in some states and provinces in the United States and Canada, you can earn your learner's permit at 14. So, if in some areas where "minors" can take control of 2-ton vehicles, then why can't they make consious desicions about upcoming elections?
Mangoburle

Con

First of all, we are no longer in the dark ages anymore so those facts do not apply to our "modern" day issues.
First of all, I'm fine with the age of 16 to be the youngest voting age. There are FACTS that prove WHY the voting age was lowered to 16. One of them is that kids at the age of 16 are more stationary and will give votes to candidates who have roots in their community or give votes to candidates that have ideas that will benefit their community. The voting age shouldn't be lowered again to the age of 14 for reasons that involve their understanding of the government, how the system works, what the major issue is locally or nationally. I'm not saying that kids at the age of 14, generally, know a minimally what is politically going on. I'm just saying that there are to few people at the age of 14 that have an idea or clear perspective of what is currently happening in the political world. In the future, kids at the age of 14 or 13 may have a more advanced knowledge of the political world.
WolfTerrorists

Pro

WolfTerrorists forfeited this round.
Mangoburle

Con

Mangoburle forfeited this round.
WolfTerrorists

Pro

WolfTerrorists forfeited this round.
Mangoburle

Con

Mangoburle forfeited this round.
WolfTerrorists

Pro

WolfTerrorists forfeited this round.
Mangoburle

Con

Mangoburle forfeited this round.
Posted by khija 1 year ago
khija
I totally believe that the voting age should not be lowered to 14. Females/males are not mature enough yet to truly understand what is at state here. For example, they would try to put some low-life, inconstancy person in office, when there is clearly a perfectly well educated person in the running!! Not throwing any shade here, I'm just truly stating facts. Personally me I wouldn't want anybody in office, who do even know what 2+2 add up to be!