Peopleperson1019
Sanders2k16

The Wage Gap doesn't exist. Women have more LEGAL privilege than men.

Started: 4/10/2016 Category: Economics

Peopleperson1019

Pro

There are many reasons that the wage gap does not exist, and is quantifiable., I challenge you to give points for your argument and I will shoot them down.
For my proof for the economic argument, I will use the data supplied by The U.S dept. of Labor. :
http://www.bls.gov...
Structure:
1st Round: Opening arguments
2nd/3rd Round: Evidence and rebuttals
4th Round: Closing statements
Sanders2k16

Con

Since I'm not sure how the debate set up is supposed to be I'll just make my first argument out of bullet points. I will not use sources in this bullet point as it is unfair to you as you did not use sources or make any points in your first argument, I will also not back up my bullet points until later arguments.
->Men and woman get paid separate amounts for the same jobs.
->This is disguised by polls counting woman and men that don't work in how many hours a week/day/year they work in order to make it seem as if men get payed more because they work more (more woman are unemployed as stay at home moms or looking for jobs than men, therefore it is unfair to count not working woman in polls on how many hours people work by gender).
->This is disguised by giving men separate job titles for the same job, an example would be "attorney" vs "Jr. Attorney" which I have seen before, Jr. Being the title for woman making it so they don't have to get payed as much.
->Some would say we know business's don't pay less to woman as otherwise they would just hire woman and have a higher pure profit, the fact is, they cannot hire people due to gender, due to the Civil Rights Act section 713 (around 713, not sure exact number, not in the mood to re-read the civil rights act), which bans discrimination in the work place (including for hiring people), it does not protect wage though, so busines's would like to hie more woman but legally cannot.

Please rebut, I want' to see what you can argue to this, and wether you use actual facts to bring up new points and to rebut me. Also if you say there isn't a solution, there is, actually multiple, we can first off, amend the civil rights act to protect wage not just job and job opportunity, we can pass a new act, which has already passed through the House of Representatives, we are just waiting on the Senate, or we can make a completely new act and pass that one through Congress and have Obama sign it, which he would do.
Peopleperson1019

Pro

Peopleperson1019 forfeited this round.
Sanders2k16

Con

Sanders2k16 forfeited this round.
Peopleperson1019

Pro

Peopleperson1019 forfeited this round.
Sanders2k16

Con

Sanders2k16 forfeited this round.
Peopleperson1019

Pro

Peopleperson1019 forfeited this round.
Sanders2k16

Con

Sanders2k16 forfeited this round.
Posted by thebestdebate 10 months ago
thebestdebate
Well this was lame. No thorough argument and no sources. Three turns forfeited. I was excited for this debate!