ShaunaSykes
ShadowWolf77

The Wanted are a better band than One Direction

ShaunaSykes

Pro

No need to elaborate The Wanted are clearly the superior band in the "TW v. 1D" battle. If you disagree take me on!
ShadowWolf77

Con

One Direction is better than The Wanted. They have more fans and followers than The Wanted and they are also looked up on the Internet way more than The Wanted.
ShaunaSykes

Pro

One Direction have more fans than The Wanted only because One Direction took the easy route and went on X Factor, they were obviously going to have a platform for fans, The Wanted on the other hand worked hard to get where try are. From playing at two or three school gigs and club gigs at night to playing to a packed Wembley stadium, they gained loyal fans from this an these fans will always be there to support The Wanted until the end unlike the "directioners" who will leave as soon as the "1D" fad gets old. Quality not quantity.
ShadowWolf77

Con

One Direction worked just as hard as The Wanted. And just for the record, some of the most talented artists are from The X Factor. They have had more gigs than The Wanted, showing that people think that 1D is the better of the two. I am proud to be a Directioner, and sorry to burst your bubble, but the 1D fad is here to stay. Furthermore, 1D is noticed as soon as they step outside they're noticed, The Wanted are noticed if they a) do a gig or b) start a fight on Twitter with 1D. The Wanted as a tv show, but 1D has a movie. The Wanted have worked hard, but from what I've seen, they're insecure about the 1D thing and their attitudes suck. Final thing: numbers don't lie, it's a proven study that artists with high numbers tend to stay for a long time. Directioners will be around for a very long time, can't say the same about The Wanted, not everyone's perfect, but at least 1D doesn't take the Twitter fight too far, because they're not insecure about where they stand, if it was reversed they probably wouldn't have the bad attitude The Wanted has. To me, it seems The Wanted does it because of being confident, they want to put the blame on others, instead of just being happy that they were even discovered. Not trying to be disrespectful, but it's true.
ShaunaSykes

Pro

Talented artists? Leona Lewis? Where is she now? JLS? They're broke up... I think there's a pattern emerging. I'm sorry The Wanted are know the have fans all over the world as do One Direction. Yes The Wanted are going to have a TV show which will get more viewers than Ine Direction 1) because mostly Directioners will go and pay to see the movie whereas The Wanted's TV show will gain viewers not just from the TWFanmily so they can see entertainment that you don't have to pay for and 2) Ine Direction are overly media trained whereas The Wanted haven't let the game stop them from being themselves. Let me remind you of who starts the so called Twitter wars... One Direction, the less mature band, I mean who was the band that starts talking about the opposite band at their own concerts, talk about immature. Speaking of concerts I am yet to see a concert where One Direction have performed live, The Wanted perform live every time they are performing proving they don't need auto tuning to make them sound good, One Direction didn't even perform live on X Factor when they were guest performing. Surely if they are as good ad they make out they can perform live on the show where they started?!
ShadowWolf77

Con

Really? First off, the majority of today's biggest artists came from American Idol or the X Factor, they've been around for a while, and are still taking names. So saying that One Direction took the easy way through X Factor is like saying they took the easy way, One Direction and every other artist from the two shows worked and trained hard, I respect the wanted as artists, bc every artist knows how hard it is performing in front of people, the boys of 1D also got their start in school, the wanted worked hard , 1D has more courage and confidence than them bc they performed live knowing they might not make it, but still went for it. They also have more class and charm than the wanted, the reason this twitter war started between them is bc the wanted took a joke way out of proportion. One Direction knows what their fans want more than the wanted does, 1D is the more talented of the two bc they had the courage to perform in front of millions of people, live. They didn't take the easy way bc there is no easy way into the music industry, it's competitive and cutthroat. Being a Directioner, I can tell you this, we're here to stay. The "1D fad" as you put it is not a fad, it's a trend. 1D knows that they're better bc of their loyal fans make sure they know it , unlike the wanted who add the wanted to their usernames, if they had loyal fans, then they wouldn't add that, it makes them look desperate for attention. 1D may pull stupid stunts, but so does every guy, the stunts show a message, it says I might be famous, but I'm just like you and I know where you've been bc I've been through the same things, I know I'm human and I have issues. They're better bc they always have each others backs, no matter what and they stand by one another. They don't delete their tweets either, when they have something to say, they say it and stand by it, unlike the wanted who say something, then delete so people can't see it, 1D doesn't care what other people think bc they're not looking for anyone's approval, they'll be themselves even on their bad days, bc they're true to who they are. We directioners, accept 1D for who they are, not bc they're good looking or famous, 1D has focused on their fans and their music, the two things they really care about, not fame and fortune. Every artist has to work hard to make it on the industry, 1D just has more of the courage and confidence, which the wanted lacks, due to the fights on twitter they pick just for attention. So while you're being a wanter, we directioners are going in the direction that 1D is headed: to the top.
Vote Placed by TN05 4 years ago
TN05
ShaunaSykesShadowWolf77Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Nobody deserves to win this.
Vote Placed by GeekiTheGreat 4 years ago
GeekiTheGreat
ShaunaSykesShadowWolf77Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This entire debate was really just two little girls arguing about their favorite bands.