The Watchtower of the Jehovah's Witnesses is a false prophet.

The Watchtower Organization claims to be a prophet for the Jehovah's Witnesses, but they have many false prophesies, the 1975 end of the world prediction being one. How can Jehovah's Witnesses still follow the Watchtower after they know that the Watchtower is not a true prophet?

The watchtower of the Jehovah Witnesses is not a false prophet.
1) The Watchtower is owned by the Jehovah witnesses themselves. In fact the elders or the brothers write what will be in the monthly publications.
2) 1975 was not the end of the world and The Jehovah Witnesses NEVER said 1975 was the end of the world. what they did say was that Satan was thrown from heaven and cast down to the earth in 1914. And you can ask any Jehovah Witness and they will agree with me.
If you want proof ask a Jehovah Witness who prints the monthly publications and gives the ideas and writes them and what happened in 1914
Thank you for your input I like your ideas about the Jehovah Witnesses and I would like to debate them.

Thank you for accepting the debate and I look forward to your argument.

The following statements claim that the Jehovah's Witnesses of the Watchtower claim to be prophets.

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? ...These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? ...This 'prophet' was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses...Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a 'prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it." (The Watchtower, April 1, 1972, p. 197)

These next two statements not only show that Jehovah"s DID SAY that the end of the world was in 1975, but that Jehovah's Witnesses were actually preparing for it.

Note* - The Kingdom Ministry and Awake! are other publications like The Watchtower that Jehovah"s Witnesses use to spread their beliefs.

"More recently earnest researchers of the Holy Bible have made a recheck of its chronology. According to their calculations, the six millenniums of mankind"s life on earth would end in the mid-seventies." (The Watchtower, Oct. 15, 1969, p. 622-623)

"Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end." (Kingdom Ministry May 1974 p.3)

End of the world prophecy in 1975, FALSE!

This NIV Holy Bible verse shows that one false prophecy made from a proclaimed prophet is a "false prophet".

Deuteronomy 18:20-22 says, "But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death. You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord? If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

Therefore the Jehovah's Witnesses of the Watchtower are false prophets.

According to my opponent, 1914 was when Satan was cast down to the earth. Jehovah's Witnesses also believed 1914 was the year Christianity and its churches were to be destroyed and the end of the time of trouble. Those did not happen either. WW1 started in 1914, which I would say is more trouble and not the end of trouble. Because many people believe 1914 is false, Watchtower leaders have been trying to do damage control on that year ever since and trying to save it by giving it new meaning. Jehovah"s Witness keep changing their meaning of what was supposed to have happened in 1914. Again, another false prophesy. The next two statements show what Jehovah's Witnesses thought would happen in 1914.

"Christendom will be completely destroyed by October 1914" (ZION'S WATCH TOWER, January 15, 1892, p. 1355).

"But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble." (Zion's Watch Tower 1894 Jul 15 p.226)

There are over a hundred false prophecies made by Jehovah's Witness leaders. Here is a link listing these false prophecies:

My opponent has shown that Jehovah's Witnesses have a new meaning to 1914, therefore contradicting the old teachings.

"If we were following a man undoubtedly it would be different with us; undoubtedly one human idea would contradict another and that which was light one or two or six years ago would be regarded as darkness now: But with God there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning, and so it is with truth; any knowledge or light coming from God must be like its author. A new view of truth never can contradict a former truth. New light never extinguishes old light, but adds to it. If you were lighting up a building containing sever gas jets you would not extinguish one every time you lighted another, but would add one light to another and they would be in harmony and thus give increase of light. So is it with the light of truth; the true increase is by adding to, not by substituting one for another." (Watchtower Feb. 1, 1881, Reprints p. 188)

Since 1879 when Charles Taze Russell who started the Watchtower , to 1931 when Joseph R. Rutherford gave the Watchtower followers the name of "Jehovah's Witnesses", to today where Jehovah's Witnesses are still spreading there beliefs that they are God's chosen; all of these Jehovah's Witnesses believed they were receiving their LIGHT from Jehovah. So is Jehovah to be blamed for these false prophecies of it's former members? The bible, however, has not changed.

The Watchtower of the Jehovah's Witnesses are false prophets, because they believed themselves prophets and they had made prophesies that did not come true. One false prophesy from a proclaimed prophet makes that prophet a "false prophet". Since their creation in 1879 they have made over a hundred false prophecies.

kevin05 forfeited this round.
Posted by Jakefb59 9 months ago
Daley, I just finished your book and I loved it. I really enjoyed all the confrontations between Jehovah's Witnesses and the Christians and the ending shows how great and awesome God's miracles are. Thank you for sharing this with me.
Posted by daley 9 months ago
I used to be a Jehovah's Witness but the Lord called me out. I wrote a book showing what its like in the Watchtower and how a Christian brings a JW out
Posted by Jakefb59 9 months ago
I'm sorry I beat you to it bro. :-)
Posted by The-Voice-of-Truth 9 months ago
Dude, I literally thought about making a debate about this specific topic.
Vote Placed by lannan13 9 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 9 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff a round, so conduct to Pro.