KingDebater
lannan13

The Westboro Baptist Church should picket the funerals of the sun people.

KingDebater

Pro

Recently on The sun (You wouldn't know about this if you've not read the tabloid newspaper), another one of the sun people have just died. Little is known about him, but we do know a few things about him.

Name: Luke Warm
Occupation: Sun cream salesman
Species: Heat-Resistant Homo Sapien
Biological Father's name: Heat-proof Matt
Biological Father's Occupation: Unsuccessful Ice-cream man
Biological Mother's name: Unknown
Biological Mother's occupation: Swimming pool owner
Religion: A mixture of Satanism, Pastafarianism and Atheism.
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Stance on Gay Marriage: Pro
Stance on Abortion: Pro

He seems like the sort of guy that the Westboro Baptist Church would want to picket the funeral of, right?

If the Westboro Baptist Church do picket his funeral, then it's a win-win situation. The Church get to picket a funeral and we normals probably won't see much of them after that.

The Westboro Baptist Church are religious nuts anyway, so they'll just fall for the trick believing that Jebus'll lend 'em a sun hat and sunnies or something.

So that's what I'd like to debate today, whether the WBC (see? I'm hip) should picket the funerals of the sun people.

I thank you.

Universal fantasy
lannan13

Con

I accept this debate and since I live within a block from the Phelps I think I'd be the best debater to take on this challenge. I will show you in a few contentions that the Phelps shouldn't picket their funeral.

Contention 1: Gay Rights

Due to the fact the Luke Warm is gay it seems inevitable that they would pickett his funeral, but they shouldn't do this due to the fact it harms gay rights and gay equality. After the recent Supreme Court ruling on DOMA (http://www.npr.org...) the homosexual community is starting to gain a little more equality, but the Phelps continue to pickett homo's funerals just because they are gay will hurt this progress. This will end up hurting society as a whole, because believe it or not gay rights movement today is just like the African-American rights movement in the 50s and 60s. Doing so derails our nation's prosperity.

Contention 2: Freedom of Speech

Now you must think after my last contention that that itself is a reason for them to die in the blaze of the sun, but that just doesn't cut it. You see after many people got fed up with the Phelps Mr. Synder got up and sued them for picketing his son's funeral... and he lost. http://www.law.cornell.edu... The Phelps are backed up by the US Constitution, so they are sadly aloud to say whatever it is that they want to say.

(My next computer access other than tomorrow at noon will be on Monday, so if you don't post your argument by then could you please hold off until Saturday. Please and Thank You.)
KingDebater

Pro

Con's CON-tention #1: Gay 'rights'
Fortunately, con is completely wrong here. Animal rights outweigh gay rights by about a mile, so the westboros picketting Mr Warm's funeral on the sun is perfectly okay. It says so in a book or something somewhere.

Con's CON-tention #2: 'Freedom' of speech
Luckily for me, con is completely wrong here too. You see, the only reason Mr Slider lost against the Phelps is because a week before the court case, a stranger referred to him as 'moron man' and because of some psychological mumbo-jumbo, that means that Mr Slider was subconsciously TRYING to prove that rude man correct and so he did the dumbest thing anyone could ever do and lose a court case to the westboros. This means that we should sent the westboro baptist church to burn to death in the face of a ball of burning gas.

My PRO-tention #1: Westbodumbro bapstupidtist church
As I said in my opening round, "The Westboro Baptist Church are religious nuts anyway, so they'll just fall for the trick believing that Jebus'll lend 'em a sun hat and sunnies or something." Crazy con has yet to respond to this perfect argument and I don't blame him honestly, it's the argument that will win me the debate.

My PRO-tention #2: We all Love KingDebater
As I said in my opening round, "If the Westboro Baptist Church do picket his funeral, then it's a win-win situation. The Church get to picket a funeral and we normals probably won't see much of them after that.". I'd like to expand on that argument with the fact that if everyone wants something, we should do it. We all want the westbodumbro bapstupidtist church to burn to death in the face of a ball of burning gas, so we should do it. Crazy con has yet to respond to this perfect argument and I don't blame him honestly, it's the argument that will win me the debate.

Remember Lannan, don't get sad when you lose, just remember that 2nd is better than 3rd.

I thank you.
lannan13

Con

Contention 1: Gay Rights

My opponent says animal rights are more important, but he fails to realize that the Phelps aren't picketting Sparky's funeral, but Mr. Warm's, so my contention still stands.

Contention 2: Freedom of Speach

But this is where the debate here breaks down, though he was referred to as a moron he was highly respected by his peers. As we can recall from the Topeka Capital Journal Paper. His peers defended him and stated that, "Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but words may never hurt me." In this case the stranger was just disreguarded as some Phelps member bully.
Protention 3: Wesboro baptist church

I'm from Topeka and I know they're a bunch of nuts, but they're a great group to play chess against. You see here that if you eliminate the Phelps Kansas will loose all of their smart people and they'll turn out to be a bunch of hillbillies just like the South.

Protention 4: Kingdebater.

My opponent goes off and states that I have not responded to his original arguement, but if you look above this here protention you can see that I have refuted everything that he has thrown at me and more.
Posted by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
No, it's just a lot of me not being me, that's the joke.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Okay, it's just your round 1 didn't seem very jokey to me.
Posted by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
I know, if I was taking this seriously I wouldnt hhave taken the debate, 3rdly I'm against gay rights progretion.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
Cough cough Joke debate Cough cough
Vote Placed by THE_OPINIONATOR 3 years ago
THE_OPINIONATOR
KingDebaterlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Done.
Vote Placed by DeFool 3 years ago
DeFool
KingDebaterlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Joke debate, scored even-Steven.