mintchocs
fo-shizzle0855

The Whole World Should Vote On The US President

mintchocs

Con

Only US citizens should vote as they are the ones that are fundamentally subjected to government treatment - all the decisions made by the US president have a direct effect on the American people; the government is supposed to "govern" its people (ie. it should have a direct tie with the people and reflect the general peoples' decisions, as ultimately it serves to "serve" the people). US citizens should be the priority of the US government and president, they should have the sole right and power to choose their leader, as they have their inherent rights as US citizens. If you allow other countries to vote on your president they might aim to weaken / destabilize your country's institution - their priority would be to achieve their wants in terms of your country's foreign policy, wouldn't it?
fo-shizzle0855

Pro

first of all other countries already are not allowed to vote. So really they don't get a say in who leads another goverment they are a part of. so now i assume you are referring to illegal immagrants. illegal immigrants should not vote, however if they have been accepted as a citizen they should because they have accepted our laws and chosen to live by them. unless the case comes to them committing crimes i totally dasagree with them having voting privilege. Then there is american born people who have come from other countries. they too should have the same right as any other american being part of our society.
mintchocs

Con

mintchocs forfeited this round.
fo-shizzle0855

Pro

okay i really want to find out what i am debating first before i argue back. you haven't made clear what exactly on who the people are. so before i argue, i want to find the specfics.so until then i forfeit this round to. It's only fair i let my opponet some time seeing as he is camping and has no time to argue back. until then i postpone this argument.
-Connor
Posted by fo-shizzle0855 8 years ago
fo-shizzle0855
how was i supposed to know he was going camping? I accepted before he posted that argument. And he wasn't specific to the topics meaning either. I don't care if you vote for him anyway because cahnces are i agree with him anyway.
Posted by Numquam 8 years ago
Numquam
Also it pisses me off more that he doesn't even understand the topic and makes bad arguments against it...
Posted by Numquam 8 years ago
Numquam
Wow, way to be a jerk and accept the debate now the the instigator said he can't respond, and also when some one else was planning to take it anyways. I know who I'm voting against.
Posted by mintchocs 8 years ago
mintchocs
wow sorry now i have no time to debate - i have a camping expedition tomorrow and its already deep into the night... hmm... would anyone want to continue the debate here, for me?
Posted by Lightkeeper 8 years ago
Lightkeeper
Is it just me or are our debaters at cross purposes?
Posted by mintchocs 8 years ago
mintchocs
um how do i increase the time to post an argument? sorry i dont usually debate here -
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 8 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
""
Anyway, it looks like the best Presidential candidate is about to win the election "

Wut?
Posted by Lightkeeper 8 years ago
Lightkeeper
He's gonna do it! He's gonna do it! :)
Posted by Numquam 8 years ago
Numquam
mintchocs can you increase the time to post an argument? I don't want to be forfeiting rounds because you posted your argument while I'm asleep.
Posted by Lightkeeper 8 years ago
Lightkeeper
Numquam, go on, I wanna see you do it. I challenge you to challenge Con.