whitesoxfan450
left_wing_mormon

The Wii is better than the PS3!!

Started: 3/23/2008 Category: Technology

whitesoxfan450

Pro

Wii has better games, features, and sells more! Not to mention its by NINTENDO, the first people, besides Atari, to make a system! Sony's PS3 has sold terribly, and will continue to

Advantage 1: Games
Wii has better games. Titles like Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Wii Sports, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Warioware Smooth Moves, and the upcoming Mario Kart Wii prove this. PS3 doesn't have NEARLY this amount, and i barely said half the good Wii games!

Advantage 2: Features
Not only does the Wii have the great games, but it also has the Wii Channels. Weather, News, Online Polls, Miis, The Virtual Console, Wiiware, Mii Contests, and Photos are included. And also, an Internet Web Browser is available for download.

Advantage 3: Variety of Games
The Wii has games for violent gurus, like No More Heroes, kids, like High School Musical: Sing It!, sports fans, like Wii Sports, Nintendo fans, like Super Mario Galaxy, parties, such as Guitar Hero 3, and Super Smash Bros, and even older people, like Big Brain Academy, and my word coach. The PS3 doesn't have NEARLY this!

Please don't vote on the Neg, unless every advantage is answered.

Thanks in advance for a fun debate!
left_wing_mormon

Con

You are right about one thing, there are way more titles out for the WII.

The Wii has also been out for a longer period of time, providing more of a chance to release more games than the newly released PS3. But remember the Wii came out for the public with 3-4 games anticipation. (Mario Galaxies, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Smash: Brawl, Red Steel)The reason why the Wii sold so well is not because of the game titles, although that helped a little. The main two reasons were the originality of the motion controller and the price.

The Wii is "better" than the PS3 when it comes to price I suppose. But you suggest that the Wii has something for everyone. Well as someone who owns all three of the major consoles right now, I can safely say that the Wii lacks some things that the PS3 has. First of all the Wii is only for gaming, right. So all your paying for is another game console from Nintendo. The PS3 includes a standard hard drive, a high definition Blu-ray optical drive, HD video output, Bluetooth wireless controllers, and–in the premium version–WiFi wireless networking. (This also explains the high price) The Wii, I have to admit, has a DVD drive...but it can't play DVDs. Wii has no hard drive.

The PS3 is also the new HD core of Sony's modern take on the stereo system, offering 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround and true 1080p high definition video playback from prerecorded Blu-ray movies.

The PS3 has wirless controllers that work with motion too. Games like "Heavenly Sword" use this fiture very well. The game selection is also very good.

Sports: All-Pro Football 2K8, FIA World Touring Car Championship, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball (All of these are exclusive to Sony. There are plenty of other sports games out there for all consoles, PS3 as well)

Action: Metal Gear Solid 4, Hevenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Brave Arms, Code Arms Assult, Eight Days, Twisted Metal (Again, all exclusive to the PS3. Others like Call of Duty 4 and Resident Evil are for PS3 too)

Then you got family games and party like games: Guitar hero, rock band, and an exculsive party game called Buzz! Quiz TV.

I guess it depends on how you define better. Better like the one console that has more to it, better quality, and a wider variety of games for ALL AGES than I guess the PS3 is better. But if the Wii is better than "better" means the one that is smaller and has a couple of interesting games and clogs the toliet easier than the other consoles...
whitesoxfan450

Pro

Well, actually, the PS3 has been out longer than the Wii. And honestly, they came out in the same WEEK! The PS3 came out Friday, November 17, 2006, and the Wii came out Sunday, November 19, 2007. So really, there is no excuse for the PS3 to have less games. However, game number isn't my argument, its game variety.

Next, all of the advantages you stated are for GAMING, and yet, you say the Wii is only for gaming! (When its not, apply my arguments from my first speech on the Wii channels!) Also, you use HD as an advantage. However, that doesn't have anything to do with my argument of older people playing. HD is great, but whats the point of having a pretty game, thats not fun?

Now, on to games. my opponent stated a list of games in certain genres. And I will do the same for Wii, and Add more genres the PS3 doesn't have.
Action: Zelda twilight Princess, Red Steel, Metal of Honor: Vanguard, Call of Duty 3, Resident Evil 4. Ghost Squad, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, and Metroid Prime 3.(most are Wii exclusive)

Sports: Wii Sports, Madden 07, Madden 08, MLB 2K8, NBA Live 08, Brunswick Bowling, Super Swing Golf, FIFA 08, SEGA Superstar Tennis, MLB Power Pros, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08, and The Bigs.

Family and Party: Warioware, Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Smarty Pants, Big Brain Academy, My Word Coach, Carnival Games, Mario Party 8, EA Playground, and Guitar Hero 3. (MANY Wii exclusive), My Sims, Animal crossing Wii

Platforming: Super Mario Galaxy, Zack and Wiki

Racing: Mario Kart Wii, Exite Truck, Need for speed Carbon

So, the Wii has a greater variety of games, is not just a gaming console, and came out AFTER PS3, and yet has better games.
left_wing_mormon

Con

You are right about the release dates, and I'm sorry for that mis-fact.

But not everything I mentioned was for gaming. Blue ray is the next "DVD". Clear and beutiful movies can be watched on the PS3 but this is not present in the Wii. To some the HD Factor is a big deal. This is crystal clear gaming and movie watching at its finest. Have you played the PS3? Trust me, it makes a difference.

Listen the only thing that seemed unappealing to the public about the PS3 was the price. Again, as someone who owns one, I say the PS3 delivers. There is a wide selection of games that will come to the console.

With the excepton of mario, zelda, and Wii games most of the games you mentioned can be found for the PS3.

The issue of which console has better games is opinion. As I know the people voting here will probaly vote for the console they like more rather than taking into account the debate itself. I love a good Mario game, which is the only reason I bought a Wii. I bought a PS3 for Metal Gear Solid, 8 days, Twisted Metal, and other Sony games.

The PS3 has more to offer than the Wii. The Wii channels are pretty nice, but I would rather go for the HD, Blue Ray, and features. The PS3 does photos, music, and videos as well. The PS3 also has a download feature where you can download tons of cool games and stuff. Well now I sound like I'm trying to sell one...But I guess I wish the price would come down so people can admire the true next generation of Gaming.
whitesoxfan450

Pro

What I am arguing is the FUN FACTOR. As I stated, why buy a game that is pretty, but not fun? That is the problem with the PS3. The graphics are great, but the games aren't fun.

Not only is the price unappealing, the isn't that variety of games. There ARE more comming, but the PS3 is full of FPS, and sports games. There ARE exceptions(little big planet) but there aren't enough for my grandmother to consider buying it, or my 5 year old cousin to consider asking for it, so thats why Wii has better games.

I mentioned almost all Wii exclusives, except a few sports. Red Steel, Metal of Honor: Vanguard, Resident Evil 4, Ghost Squad, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Brunswick Pro Bowling, Super Swing Golf, Sega Superstar Tennis, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games, MLB Power Pros, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Smarty Pants, My Word Coach, Carnival Games, EA Play Ground, and Zack and Wiki are NOT by Nintendo, and NOT on the PS3.

The Wii is not just great for Super Mario Galaxy(extend my list of games above that are WII EXCLUSIVE, and 3rd PARTY)

And once again, Blue Rays are only really movies. And most of America still has the ordinary DVD players, and Blue Rays aren't needed QUITE yet. When the medium does change(Mabye another 4 years or so) Then we can talk about it. The Wii ALSO does photos, music,videos, downloadable games, and internet.

So vote for Aff, because the Wii has more to offer, for a better price.
left_wing_mormon

Con

Again, all I can say is that if this is in fact a debate on opinion, than there is no real way to end. I do think the Wii is fun. Good games and yes it is cheap.(As far as consoles go...)

But the title of the debate is : "The Wii is better than the PS3!!"

I simply am arguning that the PS3 in fact does have more to it than just a cool nunchuk and Mario. The PS3 includes a standard hard drive, a high definition Blu-ray optical drive, HD video output, Bluetooth wireless controllers, and–in the premium version–WiFi wireless networking.

So if opinion is what enticies the voters heres, than I can't say much more than vote for me! However if you think the term "better" means more than just the games and more about the console and it's harware than vote for the one that has prooved more than just Super Mario. Whether one is more fun than the other, well thats up to you. You want more in your console, well my friends, you know who to vote for.
Posted by zacotack96 6 years ago
zacotack96
may I just say that metal gear solid 4 for the ps3 far exceeds any game on the wii or xbox, and some of the games that soxfan said, where already out for other consioles before it came to the wii in a cheap format that isnt like the consoles that they where ment to be released on
Posted by Chaotiklown 8 years ago
Chaotiklown
Good debate, both sides put out pretty well... Soxfan, I probably would have brought up a bit more about the diversity in the wii controllers(and it's attachments). Nintendo is the one taking steps toward virtual reality.

Also, maybe the fact that if you're watching movies on your game console, the drive will burn itself out faster(and all of them inevitably will over time). So I'd say the Wii has a dependability and durability factor to it...

I'm not voting though. it was a good debate, and I'm slightly bias in favor of the Wii...
Posted by whitesoxfan450 8 years ago
whitesoxfan450
um.....okay? Who did you vote for?
Posted by mikey 8 years ago
mikey
wow the ps3 is way better
Posted by dmoore 8 years ago
dmoore
hey guys one other comment once the debate is over dont continue it in the comments if you want to debate longer challange your opponet to another debate
Posted by dmoore 8 years ago
dmoore
yopu said unless all advantages are answered please vote for me wrong!!!!!!! It should be fair. The resolution was is the wii better than the ps3 it should be who has more advantages left standing at the end of the round not that yout opponet has not answered everyone.
Posted by whitesoxfan450 8 years ago
whitesoxfan450
Well, I also showed how the Wii offers more(As in not just game variety, but features)

And if you say the PS3 is better because of power, then there would be no debate. Its OBVIOUS. However, what I'm saying is power isn't everything, Its games, and features.

So really, I Am relevant, because of my Features argument, talking about the Wii channels. If THAT is what you think better really means, then ok.
Posted by left_wing_mormon 8 years ago
left_wing_mormon
Apology accepted.

This debate was entitled "The Wii is better than the PS3!!"

I presented an argument that was really about the PS3 offering more, plus some anticipated games, making it "better".

So yes, even the term "better" is just a lead for an opinion based argument, however, what is "better" when dicussing the consoles themselves. To quote my own argument: "...if you think the term "better" means more than just the games and more about the console and it's harware than vote for the one that has prooved more than just Super Mario. Whether one is more fun than the other, well thats up to you. You want more in your console, well my friends, you know who to vote for."

So really if the title were "The Wii has better games than the PS3" than I probally would have not accepted your challenge.
Posted by whitesoxfan450 8 years ago
whitesoxfan450
Well, first of all, aren't ALL debates opinionated? I can say that I think the Wii is more fun, and have arguments to back it up. THATS THE POINT OF DEBATE!

And really, if a game is THAT good, it won't get boring after a few months.(I still play my old gamecube games! They are THAT good!
But enough of this, I put up debates about games, and developers, so lets just debate on those topics!

Sorry If I seem rude!
Posted by tangerineman91 8 years ago
tangerineman91
Left Wing is right. Fun is utterly and completely opinionated. After all, don't even the best games get less fun after they've been played every day for three months?
Vote Placed by Kirke32 6 years ago
Kirke32
whitesoxfan450left_wing_mormonTied
Vote Placed by DeadLeaves93 7 years ago
DeadLeaves93
whitesoxfan450left_wing_mormonTied
Vote Placed by Riddick 8 years ago
Riddick
whitesoxfan450left_wing_mormonTied
Vote Placed by whitesoxfan450 8 years ago
whitesoxfan450
whitesoxfan450left_wing_mormonTied
Vote Placed by LedLegend 8 years ago
LedLegend
whitesoxfan450left_wing_mormonTied
Vote Placed by bexy_kelly 8 years ago
bexy_kelly
whitesoxfan450left_wing_mormonTied
Vote Placed by Phoebe 8 years ago
Phoebe
whitesoxfan450left_wing_mormonTied
Vote Placed by WeaponE 8 years ago
WeaponE
whitesoxfan450left_wing_mormonTied
Vote Placed by lumpyballsIV 8 years ago
lumpyballsIV
whitesoxfan450left_wing_mormonTied
Vote Placed by left_wing_mormon 8 years ago
left_wing_mormon
whitesoxfan450left_wing_mormonTied