giovanni8
sonofathena

The World Cup was not beneficial to Brazil (country, not national team)

giovanni8

Pro

I strongly believe that the World Cup was not beneficial to Brazil once the country has spent million on stadiums and infrastructure while the nation has many other problems that should be first solved.
sonofathena

Con

Well I believe that it was, most people might disagree, but I will try my best to prove my point!
giovanni8

Pro

Well, first of all the WC preparation was a mess. The main reason for that was the cost of the Stadiums, which ones cost two or even three times what it was supposed to cost at the initial budget. And where did all this money went to? Certainly to the pocket of the Brazilian corrupt politicians that, as always, take advantage on this kind of event where lots of money is invested.
Brazil is the first country to completely exempt FIFA from all taxes during the World Cup, which is an absurd once FIFA comes to Brazil and takes the major percentage of the money that came from the WC. So basically FIFA goes to Brazil, ignore the Brazilian laws (for example the selling of Alcohol in the stadiums, that is prohibited in Brazil but Alcohol is being sold at the Stadiums because FIFA has determined so) and take all the money provided by the WC.
Looking at all this problems, I think that is really difficult to see any benefit for the country.
sonofathena

Con

sonofathena forfeited this round.
giovanni8

Pro

giovanni8 forfeited this round.
sonofathena

Con

sonofathena forfeited this round.
Posted by Suryayan 2 years ago
Suryayan
Ya true. All the referees were not impartial. Many referees were beneficial to opponents of brasil.