cbrown3240
WilliamGaspar54

The World Should Become Vegetarian

cbrown3240

cbrown3240

Pro

I'll let the challenger make the first statement.
WilliamGaspar54

Con

I sincerely believe the world should not become vegetarian, for one, it's just not natural. Swearing off something you were made to do, something your body needs.
cbrown3240

Pro

Vegetarianism is much more "natural" than raising living, breathing creatures for slaughter. I have been vegetarian for a little over a year, and I feel better than I have my whole life, so my body obviously does not need meat. If humans converted the land that they use for meat to gardens, the world would have more food and world hunger could be greatly diminished. Breeders feed their animals tons and tons of corn and grain each year, and for only a few pounds of meat, which is a complete waste of food and life.
WilliamGaspar54

Con

However, people still crave meat, why is that? Because it's natural. If humans weren't made to eat meat they wouldn't crave it. Also, a lot of countries entire industry is built in the export or import of animal for slaughter, and raising the animals ourselves is a lot better than going out into the wild and depleting natural species. And, human consumption of meat plays a vital role in the ecosystem, we diminish overpopulating species.
cbrown3240

Pro

People crave meat because animal slaughter has been going on for hundreds of years and they have become used to it. However, that does not make it okay to do. The countries that you speak of could use all that land that houses animals as large gardens instead, which would produce more food, raise ethical citizens, and have a healthier society overall.

The overpopulation of animals is occurring because of humans. They raise animals in large numbers, which quickly pushes the population way beyond it's natural number. If we stopped eating meat, the demand would go down and so would the overpopulation of animals.
WilliamGaspar54

Con

WilliamGaspar54 forfeited this round.
cbrown3240

Pro

My opponent cannot seem to find fault in my argument.

Well, thanks anyway for debating me.
WilliamGaspar54

Con

sure thing
Posted by jo021698j 1 year ago
jo021698j
Please vote if interested!

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by fe99 1 year ago
fe99
I am vegetarian and have been for the last 5 years and I am perfectly healthy there is nothing wrong with vegetarianism.
Vote Placed by jo021698j 1 year ago
jo021698j
cbrown3240WilliamGaspar54Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited and seemed to be more subjective than the opposing side. Pro laid out his/her argument, without sources, in a stronger way than Con did. This is the reason that Pro should win the debate.