Jagman619
Robdog_1996

The Worst Supercar ever made was a Bugatti Veyron

Robdog_1996
Started: 11/14/2013 Category: Cars

Jagman619

Pro

The Bugatti Veyron is the worst Supercar ever made because it changed the essence of what a good supercar should be.

It is way to heavy and its monstrous power is not only pointless it is preposterous.
The Veyron is the love child of brilliant German engineering but the fact this 1000 horsepower monster has all the luxury and safety equipment of a Rolls Royce turns it into something that is completely different than any other supercar.
Robdog_1996

Con

I don't see weight as an issue, or horsepower for that matter. The fact is the Veyron is, and will remain as one of the greatest supercars of all time. It is in fact, what a supercar is meant to be. Luxurious, fast, obscured lines and ridiculously expensive!!!
Jagman619

Pro

The Greatest super car in history is the Ferrari F40 which was the first car to be made of carbon fiber, and was a pioneer to the new breed of lightened super cars such as the 'GT3 RS' version of the Porsche 911 and the 'Scuderia' versions of many Ferrari vehicles.

And as to 'obscured lines'....fast cars are supposed to be sleek, and have clean, low fast lines.
NOT BE AS BULKY AS A NORMAL SEDAN.
Robdog_1996

Con

I beg to Differ. In fact, the Buggati Veyron is following the example set by predecessors. If you look back at Supercars from the 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's you will see big bulky vehicles with obscure lines. So, I see the Buggati Veyron as the last hurrah of true Supercars
Jagman619

Pro

"In fact, the Buggati Veyron is following the example set by predecessors. If you look back at Supercars from the 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's you will see big bulky vehicles with obscure lines.'

You say Supercars from the mid-late 20th century were 'Big Bulky vehicles' whereas in reality racing cars from those times were very low slung and most had open wheels in order to keep weight down because of non-existing technology or too sophisticated procedures in order to use light materials such as carbon fibre and titanium.

"So, I see the Bugatti Veyron as the last hurrah of true Supercars"

You also say that the Bugatti is the last hoorah of the existing breed of supercar design whereas I say it was the beginning and trend setter for many poor quality supercars such as cars like the Bentley Continental, Rolls Royce Phantom and the Lexus LFA.
Robdog_1996

Con

"You say Supercars from the mid-late 20th century were 'Big Bulky vehicles' whereas in reality racing cars from those times were very low slung and most had open wheels in order to keep weight down because of non-existing technology or too sophisticated procedures in order to use light materials such as carbon fibre and titanium."

Where not talking about racing cars. We are talking about road legal vehicles. Have you been paying attention?

And you say the Veyron is poor quality, if it is so poor quality how come it uses the finest materials known to man?
Jagman619

Pro

"Where not talking about racing cars. We are talking about road legal vehicles. Have you been paying attention?"
I referenced racing cars because most car company's during that time did have a racing platform and therefore their road going cars were greatly affected by this and made to low and have sleek lines for their high speed production models.

"And you say the Veyron is poor quality, if it is so poor quality how come it uses the finest materials known to man?"
I did not say the Veyron is made of poor quality. the point of this argument is to debate the Bugatti Veyron is actually a good car and worthy of the sharing title of supercar among the many greats that have graced the worlds roads and race tracks.
Robdog_1996

Con

I quote from R3 "I say it was the beginning and trend setter for many poor quality supercars such as cars like the Bentley Continental, Rolls Royce Phantom and the Lexus LFA."

Essentially you said that the Veyron is a poor quality car.

Also, to the argument of Racing vehicles. The fact that the Ferrari F40, 1963 Iso Grifo, 2011 Ariel Atom 500 , Noble M600, Alfa Romeo 8C. The companies these cars come from have racing programs, and yet most of these cars are either "Bulky, obscure and or are ridiculously wide"
Jagman619

Pro

"Essentially you said that the Veyron is a poor quality car."
Indeed I did because that is crux of this entire to debate the 'BUGATTI VEYRON'

And as to your incoherent rant in Round 4 about road cars that didn't race....which has no real relevance to the topic I shall simply close my argument on this debate by saying Thankyou for the win.
Robdog_1996

Con

I shall end my argument on this;
Supercars that do not have racing programs have always been the fastest, bulkiest and most obscured lines. Therefore I deem the Buggati Veyron the GREATEST SUPERCAR OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!
Posted by Robdog_1996 3 years ago
Robdog_1996
A monkey that can do 400+ kilometres......
Posted by saladinmsc2014 3 years ago
saladinmsc2014
The bugatti veyron is a crap car its too expensive and too fast for its own good no one needs to be going that fast in a car plus it has the power to weight ratio of a monkey
Posted by Robdog_1996 3 years ago
Robdog_1996
I'm correct.
Posted by Krieg01 3 years ago
Krieg01
Well that is not much of an argument so why don't you back that up!
Posted by Robdog_1996 3 years ago
Robdog_1996
I agree
Posted by Jagman619 3 years ago
Jagman619
Because we can...lol
Posted by Krieg01 3 years ago
Krieg01
Why are you even debating this!
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
Jagman619Robdog_1996Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro's arguments for why its the worst super car ever made were based entirely on his own opinion and not on any tangible evidence like performance, top speeds, or longevity compared to other supercars. Arguments to the con not because they were very good, they werent, but because pro feel drastically short of proving that the car is indeed the worst supercar ever made