Meatros
Chamaeleon

The Worst Way to Die

Meatros

Meatros

Pro

This 'debate' is over the worst realistic way to die in one hour. In this debate I will present the worst way to die that I can imagine. The con in this debate will present the worst way to die that they can imagine.

Realistic is defined as something that could happen in reality. So, basically, positing a Gene who resurrects you back to full health right before dieing so that you could be tortured more is not realistic.

The audience then decides between the two ways and determines which out of the two of them is the worst way to die.

There will be two rounds, the first round is for acceptance and the second is for submitting your argument for the worst way to die.
Chamaeleon

Con

I accept with Gusto! Describe your worst.
Meatros

Pro

I want to thank the Con (Chamaeleon) for participating in this most unusual debate. This is one of my first few debates and I just want to get my feet wet with a topic that keeps me up at night. That topic is what the worst way to die would actually be….

The following scenario is what I consider the worst way to die. It is important to keep in mind that there is more than one element essential to a horrible death. The two I will be exploring are the physical and the psychological. With the preliminaries out of the way, I want to get to the meat of the discussion. I implore the audience to imagine the following…

You wake up, strapped upright and naked to a chair, in the middle of a room. A large clock that is counting down from one hour is looming large on the wall in front of you, seven or eight feet in the air. Directly underneath the clock, standing against the wall, is your loved ones and your family. Your children are watching on in abject terror. On your immediate right is a glucose drip and what you can only assume, given your heart rate, an amphetamine drip [1]. One your immediate left is an individual who you learn has been tasked with performing the gruesome tasks ahead. The individual informs you that, in addition to the amphetamines, he has dosed you with a significant amount of a hallucinogen named Datura [2]. The individual points to the clock on the wall and informs you that you will be dead at the end of the hour.

At this point you realize that you are breathing rapidly and that your heart is beating so forcefully that you fear that it’s going to explode. Your vision is slightly blurry as you stare at your helpless family. Tears are streaming down your child’s face and although he is only ten feet or so away from you, you cannot make out what he is saying. Thoughts are uncontrollably streaming through your head as panic settles in. You hadn’t noticed it before, but whether it’s the drugs or another sadistic improvisation from your torturer, you have become aware that music is playing. It’s Justin Bieber’s chart busting song “Baby”, which under normal circumstances would curdle your stomach.

Your voice quivering you question your executioner. Why is he doing this? In response he comes closer to you, a grotesque instrument in his hand. This instrument appears to be similar to cutting shears that one would trim their bushes with. The man brings these shears to crotch level and then pauses for a moment, perhaps to let what is about to unfold sink in. Your mind races, you blubber that you will give the man anything he wishes if only he’d stop right at this moment. Before you are able to get the last syllables of your defense out the terrible ‘snip’ takes place. Pain shoots throughout all of your extremities as unbearable agony fills the deepest recesses of your being. The man’s visage warps into that of a terrible demon and you are not concerned in the slightest whether this is a result of the drugs or the immense pain you are in.

Picking up the useless flop of skin, the man tosses your manhood towards your family with a sick, perverse smile on his face. You can see your family gasp and turn from the horror of the flap of flesh now resting a few feet from them. The man turns towards you and bends down, picking something up that lay just off to the side of your now trembling foot.

You discover that your tormenter has just picked up what appears to be a large paint bucket. It is no ordinary bucket though and you soon discover to your misery that it is completely filled with sulfuric acid. Your tormentor slowly and methodically pours the acid all over your body, from your chest to the tops of your legs.

The acid eats away at your skin, dissolving your innards slowly. Your blood vessels are cauterized and once the acid has gotten through enough of your layers, it begins to eat through your organs [3]. Time seems to dilate as you shake with pain. The smell pervades your nostrils and the agony is unending.

At this point, you are just a useless blob of flesh. The pain is immense as the torture comes over to you. You glance up at the clock, there are less than ten minutes left. You welcome death. Your torturer shows you his latest tool; it is a metal rod with a blunted end. He slowly raises it to your eyes and then even more slowly pushes the rod in and then through your right eye. The pain is intense and you cannot control your bellowing. Your left eye follows.

What seems like an eternity follows. The music abruptly stops. All you can hear is your family begging for your life. The clock has got to be almost finished you reason. The sounds of a struggle and then of someone gasping for air fill your ears. You hear members of your family pleading with the sick executioner not to strangle your child, to no avail. You hear your family cry out when the deed has finished.

As they are crying you hear the executioner’s footsteps as he comes closer to you. Your last moments of life are filled with a blunt pounding of some object (likely a hammer) to your head as you expire.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org... Amphetamines are useful in promoting a wakeful state and focus and are used in this scenario to prevent the victim (you) from passing out.
  2. http://en.wikipedia.org... This is a heavy hallucination agent that produces profound detachment from reality. This hallucinogen does not typically lesson pain and in combination with amphetamines will usually produce a psychotic train wreck – according to Wikipedia: “No other psychoactive substance has received as many "train wreck" (that is, severely negative experience) reports as has Datura. The overwhelming majority of those who describe their use of Datura find their experiences extremely mentally and physically unpleasant and often physically dangerous.”
  3. http://health.howstuffworks.com...: “A physician we interviewed recounts the story of a laborer in Africa who worked around vats of sulfuric acid -- one of the most caustic forms of acid. The man fell in one day. He quickly leapt out, but was covered in sulfuric acid, which immediately began to burn him chemically. In a panic and excruciating pain, the man ran outside. By the time his coworkers caught up to him, the man had essentially dissolved.

The acid burned the man to death, searing through skin, cauterizing blood vessels, and eating through organs until he died. The pain would be unbearable, and the circumstances irreversible. This is unquestionably a really bad way to die
    .”
Chamaeleon

Con

Wow, you put a lot of really sick and twisted thought into that. Let's see if I can rival your sadism.

I'm not going to focus so much on the psychological pain because, frankly, I think that when people are in excruciating physical pain, they don't have a lot of extra thought to spare for whether or not things are going well for the rest of the world. Unfortunately for this debate, there is only so much pain a body can take before the consciousness is disrupted to the point that it will shut down. That's why my imaginary victim will also have amphetamines coursing through him. However, I'd have to dose them before the proceedings because there won't be any support for an I.V. drip for very long, heh heh.

My victim will enter this scenario very tightly bound, all over, by hundreds of strands of fishing line, so that their circulation is being cut off pretty much everywhere. The cruelty begins when they are released. Yup, released. Have you ever had an arm or leg or hand fall asleep from having the circulation cut off and then you get that pins and needles effect when the blood starts flowing again? You ever had it so bad that it was painful to even move while the blood vessels where re-inflating? It's like a hyper-sensitivity that can take a good few minutes to go away.

So the victim is released, and gets to experience this nice, full-body pins-n-needles to extreme that feels like someone actually is poking him with pins and needles. While this is going on and the victim's skin is hyper-sensitive, we will string him up by his wrists and begin flaying him alive...let's say with Ginsu knives. Not all at once, mind you: we don't want our victim passing out now, do we? And since we don't want him bleeding prematurely to death either, we'll be so kind as to cauterize the flayed areas with a hot iron, giving just enough time between these procedures for the victim to recover his pain threshold. We'll also pull off his fingernails and toenails, slowly so as to allow him to relish the sensation, aaaand then cut off those fingers and toes, being mindful to cauterize those wounds as well, before continuing with the flaying, including a lovely end to that process by scalping him (we'll keep the smelling salts ready cuz even the amphetamines might not keep someone conscious during a scalping).

Once most of the skin is gone (we'll leave a few low blood flow areas un-cauterized, to be sure he still has enough raw nerve endings exposed), we'll string him back up again and give his exposed nerve endings a soothing spray of water from out nearby garden hose (which would probably feel a little more like a soothing spray of shrapnel, to our dear victim). By now most of the victim's dermis is pretty useless for inducing pain anymore, so we'll have to settle for an ending that involves internal injuries. And although we aren't focusing on the psychological pain, I so no reason to exclude it entirely, so I think we'll wind down this episode of 'Worst Way to Die' by beating our victim the rest of the way to death with his own children, of course killing the children in the process (we'll just assume the kids are still small enough to heft by their ankles like a pillow case, and WHAM! over and over again until their all dead, and daddy along with them.)

Ok, I need to go scrub myself raw in the shower after that debate, and maybe huddle, shivering in the corner for a bit. Thanks for the...interesting topic. Gulp.

As a comment on your method, your victim would die almost as soon as he was doused with sulfuric acid, despite the amphetamine drip, for several reasons. One, the anchor and tubing for the drip would be eaten away by the acid, meaning the amphetamines would stop flowing, but even if they didn't, the victim would pass out and die from the fumes alone, which would quickly seize up the respiratory pathways (especially considering that he is hyperventilating) and stop the heart. So all your victim would experience is having his dong snipped off, followed by a few moments of full-body acid burn and suffocation. Certainly not pleasant, but the trim job couldn't take too long, so the suffering would probably only be...like...ten minutes outs of of your hour. And more importantly, he wouldn't have had to endure that terrifying Beiber music or the knowledge that his family is being killed too. My dude got beaten to death by his family, so...yeah, lol.
Posted by MouthWash 4 years ago
MouthWash
Holy sh*t. Meatros is a sick man.
Posted by ely1221 5 years ago
ely1221
i agree with pro!!!
Posted by Meatros 5 years ago
Meatros
I'm having difficulty locating fumes from a sufficient enough source of sulfuric acid for a proper comparison. It's too late for the debate, but I am morbidly curious about it...
Posted by Meatros 5 years ago
Meatros
Fumes: http://www.ccohs.ca...

What are the main health hazards associated with breathing in sulfuric acid?

Sulfuric acid is not very volatile, and therefore workplace exposures are primarily to mists or aerosols. Sulfuric acid is corrosive and can cause severe irritation or corrosive damage if inhaled. The degree and severity of respiratory effects are influenced by factors such as the physical state and particle size of the aerosol, deposition site, concentration and humidity. Sulfuric acid can cause severe lung damage with a life-threatening accumulation of fluid (pulmonary edema). The symptoms of pulmonary edema include coughing and shortness of breath and can be delayed until hours or days after the exposure. These symptoms are aggravated by physical exertion. Long term lung damage may result from a severe short term exposure.

Human volunteers exposed for 5-15 minutes noticed no odour, or irritation below 1 mg/m3. Everyone noticed the exposure at 3 mg/m3 and at 5 mg/m3 some people found it objectionable. A deep breath usually produced coughing and there were respiratory changes. Tolerance to sulfuric acid can occur. In another study, volunteers with high exposures (39 mg/m3 dry mist and 21 mg/m3 wet mist) for 1/2-1 hour experienced severe symptoms of irritation of the upper airways and signs of bronchial obstruction. These symptoms persisted for several days in two volunteers. A worker, overcome by sulfuric acid fumes while working in a closed space, experienced injury to the upper airways, and fluid accumulation and bleeding in the lungs. At a 6-week follow-up, most lung function tests were normal. Asthma can be aggravated by exposure to sulfuric acid.

------------------

So yes, it is a concern for my dilemma, but it's unclear if it renders my dilemma inert.

I will submit the challenge when I am able to. I look forward to the fun (?) to come...

:-)
Posted by Phoenix_Reaper 5 years ago
Phoenix_Reaper
Submit the challenge whenever. Sooner the better of course.

But I have looked into the fumes things, it is true, very toxic fumes.
Posted by Meatros 5 years ago
Meatros
I couldn't rebut the Con's contentions with regard to sulfuric acid due to the structure of the debate, but I do not agree that the sulfuric acid would cause instant death. Granted, I could have specified that the acid not be poured near the dip - nevertheless, the effects of the drug would remain in the victims system, inducing effects, for quite some time.

The gaseous fumes are a little more problematic, I admit, however, it's not clear that the death would be soon enough. It would depend on how quickly and how much acid was poured on the victim. The acid itself did not kill the victim so it would appear that it was not a continuous or particularly large amount (it was in what appeared to be a paint bucket, after all).

Still, it's an interesting objection.

As to challenging you - um, I'm not sure how to put this without sounding like a psychopath, but I would like to do this again and come up with another method of execution. Right now I'm focusing on another debate though, so perhaps if you wouldn't mind waiting a week or two, I'd be game for it.
Posted by Phoenix_Reaper 5 years ago
Phoenix_Reaper
Also I would like to note... Meatros... feel free to challenge me on this same topic... should be.... interesting.
Posted by Meatros 5 years ago
Meatros
I found the child beating... Um... Interesting isn't the right word....
Posted by Meatros 5 years ago
Meatros
You had me worried there for a bit. I'll read this shortly, thanks or participating!
Posted by GMDebater 5 years ago
GMDebater
justin bieber!! pro wins!
Vote Placed by BlackVoid 5 years ago
BlackVoid
MeatrosChamaeleonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Its implied that the winner is the one who's death is the most painful. This is a clear pro win because he destroys the two most sensitive parts of one's body; the genitals and eyes. Losing those two parts to sharp objects is ridiculously painful. I cant vote on Con's refutations because pro doesnt have a chance to respond.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
MeatrosChamaeleonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both Pro and Con obviously are not people to aggravate, Pro maybe spends too much time planning how to kill someone. 3:2 Pro
Vote Placed by Phoenix_Reaper 5 years ago
Phoenix_Reaper
MeatrosChamaeleonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had a very interesting introduction to this... fun debate. The Pros method was a bit drawn out and the Con did refute your acid part because the fumes would in fact kill the victim. The Con also had a much more interesting method, one of which many would most likely not have thought of.