hauki20
sydnerella

The Writing Contest

hauki20

Con

I decided to try something new and interesting and came with this... sort of game. The idea is for each of us to write, not copy, a narrative story (or a couple of them). The rules:

1) The story can be about anything that is not inappropriate.
2) The only language that the stories can be written in is English. Not Chinese, not Finnish. English.
3) A writer can either make as many stories as he wants. However, only one story or a continuation of a story per round.

What you may do, should you want to:

Round 1: "Once there was a bird..."
Round 2: "...Who walked into a store..."
Round 3: "...And died."
Round 4: Vote for me =P Lol =)

So, you may continue your story in the next rounds. You can also write 4 stories or 2 continued stories etc.

How to give points to the writers:

Think about which story was better. Which had a better plot? Which had better characters? Which had more misspelled words? Which did you like overall?

In this round, we may only greet the other writer. This is the greeting round. In round 2 we will proceed to writing the narrative stories.

Greetings, my opponent! I hope we do well ;) Good luck.
sydnerella

Pro

Er, greetings (I make awkward entrances =D).

This sounds really fun - can't wait. =)
hauki20

Con

I do apologize for the time it took me to write my... story, but I decided to start off easy and see what Sydnerella's writing is like. The next story will be longer and may actually have a plot.

I will make my next story better, but I had a ton of missing work to do and exams to study for.

"There she is. One in a million", I thought to myself. As I admired her from the relative safety of a tall pine tree, I noticed that my friend was sneaking up to me. "It won't work. Give up, already", I told him and forced a smile across my cheeks.
"Oh, damn it! I thought I would get you this time!" my friend, called Tofu, exclaimed in frustration and slammed his hat to the concrete floor. I turned my head back to the biology homework I was missing and started scribbling hasty letters on the pages of my notebook.
"So, you want to tell me about it?" Tofu asked and kneeled down to my level, waiting for a response. I didn't look up, but instead took my notebook and pushed it in my messy backpack.
"And you want to tell me what you're asking about?" I sighed and threw my bag over my shoulders, rising swiftly.
"Well, the rumors have it that you…", Tofu started but I cut his speech with a swing of my left hand.
"Let me ask you a question. Do you believe in tooth fairies?" I said to him, frustrated by the fact that every other person who came up to me asked about something I'd supposedly done. Tofu looked embarrassed and opened his mouth again.
"Well, you know that people believe you are smoking?" Tofu asked. My eyes widened and I looked into the depths of his brown eyes.
"What the heck just came out of your mouth?" I responded, hardly trying to hold back my fury.
"No, I'm just saying what I've heard!" he yelled, trying to calm me. After a while, he succeeded.
"Yeah, well, have fun with your buddies. Got to run", I told him and started walking down the front yard of the school.
"Where are you going, dude?" my friend insisted on knowing, but I somehow managed to forget he existed.
As I stormed down out of the school yard, heading for my bike, I turned my head to face the beautiful girl once more. There she is. One in a million.
sydnerella

Pro

sydnerella forfeited this round.
hauki20

Con

hauki20 forfeited this round.
sydnerella

Pro

sydnerella forfeited this round.
hauki20

Con

hauki20 forfeited this round.
sydnerella

Pro

sydnerella forfeited this round.
hauki20

Con

hauki20 forfeited this round.
sydnerella

Pro

sydnerella forfeited this round.
Posted by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
Agreed with Panda. Leave this stuff in the Miscellaneous forum. This is a non-debate.
Posted by I-am-a-panda 8 years ago
I-am-a-panda
I don't agree with these debates, in the forums, not in a debate. It shouldn't count towards you win ratio as it isn't debating.
Posted by hauki20 8 years ago
hauki20
No, you continue your own story. You can also write 4 shorter stories, or you can continue one or two long ones.

In the first round you either start a story and continue it in the next round or you write one story and make another for the next round and so on.
Posted by Nail_Bat 8 years ago
Nail_Bat
So, does each player continue the story where the other player left off, or what?