The Xbox 360 is a better game console than The Playstation 3

I have personally owned both consoles and love them both. But I do find the xbox 360 to be a better overall console. For the following points

1. The games that are only available for xbox 360 are better than PS3. Halo Series (XBOX) vs. Little Big Planet (PS3)

2. After playing all different types of games online on both consoles (NHL, FIFA, COD, AC3, F1 2012, ect.) I find the xbox community has better and friendlier competition. Disregarding the occasional fights on both consoles I feel the xbox community overall can make jokes, have fun, and get along much better.

3. Kinect. The kinect is just a great little device that is compatible with almost all of the newer games and is fun and an excellent source of exercise with no controllers. or buttons. while the playstation move is just a controller that you shake and still have to press buttons and is available for only a limited amount of games

That is what i have to start and good luck to my opponent

Ladies and gentlemen of the audience, I understand that this topic is one that you've most likely seen dozens of times in the past (and will dozens of times in the future). But don't fret, I plan on tackling this debate in almost the exact same way as all those previous ones were.

So without further ado, I present my banal arguments:

1. Games

This is, in my opinion, the most significant point in this entire debate. The primary reason you buy a video game console is to enjoy playing video games. And what is a console without great games? Much like a school without great teachers or students, or a nation without great citizens. Therefore, whichever console has the better games (if one, in fact, does have better games than the other and the difference is significant enough) should be considered the better console.

But what is a good method for us to decide that without clearly showcasing our own bias? I can't just say "Heavy Rain is better than Fable" or "The Uncharted series is superior to the Gears of War series". These are obviously opinions. So, as an objective way to decide which console has better games, let's take a look at some of the most renowned video game reviewers' game-of-the-year choices from 2006 to 2012:

IGN's game-of-the-year winners [1]
2012: Journey
2011: Portal 2
2010: Mass Effect 2
2009: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
2008: Fallout 3
2007: Super Mario Galaxy
2006: Okami

Three of those are available to play on the PS3 but not the Xbox (Journey, Uncharted 2, and Okami in HD). The rest are inconsequential because they are either available on both consoles or neither. In other words, there hasn't been a single Xbox-exclusive winner on IGN's game-of-the-year awards since the PS3 debuted.

Gamespot's game-of-the-year winners [1]
2012: Journey
2011: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2010: Red Dead Redemption
2009: Demon's Souls
2008: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
2007: Super Mario Galaxy
2006: Gears of War

Again, three of them are available on the PS3 but not the Xbox (Journey, Demon's Souls, and Metal Gear Solid 4). Meanwhile, the only one that's an Xbox exclusive is the one from seven years ago: Gears of War.

It's also worth noting that even though many great games appear on both consoles, many of them have exclusive content for only the PS3 versions (including, but not limited to, L.A. Noire, Red Dead Redemption, Assassin's Creed III, Mortal Kombat, and Arkham Asylum where you can play as the goddamn Joker). If that doesn't convince you, then you can just go back to playing Angry Birds.

2. Online experience

One gamer's personal experience on either console's online servers hardly constitutes as evidence (especially since you have reason to lie about it). I'm sure others have the opposite opinion to yours or a neutral one. So I'm going to need you to somehow prove Xbox's online community is friendlier before we should take this point into consideration.

While we're waiting, I'd just like to remind the audience of how unbelievably cheap it is to play games online on PlayStation games: completely free! Meanwhile, you have to pay $10 monthly or $60 yearly to play on Xbox's servers.

3. Kinect/playstation move

I've never cared much for these accessories. If I want to wave myself around while playing a video game, I'd just play my Wii (which is currently in the corner collecting dust). No matter, though. I don't think either one (Kinect or PlayStation Move) is worth paying for, so if you can convince us otherwise for Kinect, then this point will go to you. So far, all you've really said is that it's great and fun and there's plenty of games for it. Not really a top-quality sales pitch there.

4. Blu-ray [2]

While Xbox still uses 20th-century technology to sell their games (DVDs? What, did their last console use VHSs?), the PS3 uses the latest and greatest in information-storage devises: blu-rays!

"Big deal," I hear you say. "They both look the same. Besides, I don't even like the color blue."

Oh, no, my friend. Blu-ray is better than you might think.

(1) Blu-ray discs can hold more information than a DVD, so while some Xbox games come on two or more discs that you have to switch between (like Final Fantasy XIII, Assassin's Creed III, etc.) their PS3 counterparts are all on one convenient disc.

(2) Due to a protective layering, Blu-ray discs are far less prone to game-breaking (and subsequent heart-breaking) scratches.

(3) Because the PS3 is a blu-ray player, it can even play all your blu-ray movies, which have much crisper resolutions and more interactive menus.

Anthony_lopez forfeited this round.

Extend all that stuff I just said.

Anthony_lopez forfeited this round.

I'm actually glad my opponent forfeited his rounds. Now I can spend more time playing Wrath of the White Witch. Vote Con!