MRAAJ.evil
LeeJohnson

The Youth in Asia: Let em Die

MRAAJ.evil has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

MRAAJ.evil

Pro

Hello, in this debate we will be discussing the practicalities of euthanasia.

Opponent will argue against the authorised suicide assisting drug, whereas I will be explaining the benefits of euthanasia.

R1 just acceptance.
LeeJohnson

Con

Hello! I'm happy to participate in such an interesting and important debate. I hope we both can understand each other's views and come to a valid conclusion at the end.
MRAAJ.evil

Pro

Ok cool brother, think its best for round 2 to just be brief and for bullet points, to set the tone. Rounds 3-4 we can go in to more depth, perhaps continue in to comments if necessary.

Ok so here are the points I want to discuss.

Suicide is illegal and immoral es, but if someone is death bound mentally, physically or psychologically, euthanasia is necessary (in those cases), denying someone this in turn is immoral, as they are only suffering.
Saves tonnes in medical bills for people hanging on for ages with no sign of improvement, eg people on dialysis.
Punishing someone for attempting suicide is pointless unless you will rehabilitate them, which is also expensive and some people don't access to high quality health care.
There is a stigma against mental health problems, inc suicide.

Those are the main points I want to highlight, but of course will expand depending on your argument incentives.
LeeJohnson

Con

Interesting points - I'll be very enticed by your arguments. Having said that, I'll be expressing what my arguments will be based on.

In this debate, I'm going to be defending two basic contentions.

1. There has been abuse where euthanasia and assisted suicide are legal
2. Euthanasia is never necessary - even less since the advent of palliative care

Note: I'll not be involving religion in my arguments. I find it rather pointless to even mention religion; namely, because it is irrelevant to our debate. If you disagree, then let me know in the comment section before you paste your argument in the third round.

You may start - good luck.