Brenavia
GavinAurion

The Zerg are the worst faction on Starcraft 2

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Brenavia

Pro

Hi! I LOVE Starcraft 2, and I have played as all factions. Heres the lowdown of this debate.

1. You dont need sources, only gaming experience (AKA many, MANY hours of playing). If you have never played the game before, please dont accept this debate.

2. I will be arguing against the Zerg and for the Terrans and Protoss. Con's job in this debate is to prove why the Zerg can easily beat the Terrans and Protoss in any situation.

3. If you play Starcraft 2, and you win this debate, I will friend you on the Battlenet if you wish.

Good luck to my opponent!
GavinAurion

Con

I'd like to thank my opponent for posting this debate. As a Zerg player myself, I have a bit of a stronger conviction to this debate than most.

One thing I'd like to point out, however, is that the resolution only requires me to prove how Zerg is not the WORST race. Also, I do not have to prove that the Zerg army is better then either army due to the wording of the resolved. I only have to prove that they are at least balanced, the goal of Blizzard themselves.

Therefore, Con wins if Zerg is proven to be balanced or better than either Terran or Protoss.
Brenavia

Pro

Thank you for accepting the debate. You were right in the way that the wording was given. I did not mean it that way, but its too late to change it now lol.

Contention 1: MMM
Yes, in SC2 debates, its the biggest point, but its a legit point
MMM consists of Marines, Marauders, and Medivacs. This highly effective strategy is devestating to economy, as the medivacs can transport marines and marauders over cliffs and into and enemy's base from the back, and area not often defended.
This strategy is not only highly effective, but highly economical. It costs 50 mins to get a marine, 100 mins and 50 gas to produce a marauder, and 150 mins and 100 gas for medivacs (i believe). Not only are these units relatively cheap, but they can be acquired early on in the game.
The usual counter for a MMM is antiair units to take down the medivacs, and those easily crush the rest of the units. For the Zerg, this unit is the hydralisk, a unit thats not only more of a mid-game unit, but is relativly expensive. 100 mins and 50 gas, the same as a medivac.
Yes, the MMM is expensive when done well, but its hard to stop, and if it is destroyed, it is easy to replace.

Contention 2: Protoss Strategy most commonly used
When fighting as the Protoss, it is hard to rush using zealots and be successful. Not only this, but the main Protoss advantage is as a late-game faction. Where are all of their most effective units placed? In the realm of the late-game. The gate of the Protoss is easy to get by in the late game, but the main Zerg advantage is early game rushing. The Protoss advantage to rushing? Gates with numerous photon cannons. This defensive units is highly effective vs the low health units of the zerg, primarily zerglings in early game. So, the gate is done and the Protoss begin to work on their faction. Their late game units? Collousi and voids rays. The Zerg are primarily a ground based faction, with the exception of mutalisks and other AA units. Baneling, zerglings, hydralisks, roaches, and infestors are all ground based. With voids rays, only hydralisks and infestors can hurt them. After these units are attacked and destroyed using focus fire tactics, the void rays are free to cut up the rest of the Zerg army. With Collousi, the ground based units are mowed down by their energy beams, cutting apart the large numbers of low health units. The Protoss eliminate the Zerg.

Contention 3: Detectors
In SC2, many units are "invisible" and are unable to be seen. The three mobile detectors are observers for the protoss, ravens for the terrans, and overseers for the Zerg. Though the Zerg are the fastest and easiest factions to get out mobile detectors, they have one major disadvantage: speed. Overseers are the slowest mobile detectors of any faction. This make the main army leading the detector to lag behind, thus reducing efficiency.
Not only are they the slowest, but overseers are at a disadvantage when it comes to special abilities. Ravens can defend themselves with various teched abillities, and observers are "invisible" and cannot be seen by non detector units.
Another disadvatage for the Zerg when it comes detectors is the Terran's scan ability and the protoss photon cannons. The terrans can scan anywhere on the map, allowing them to scout out an area without having to send in a unit. This ability also detects "invisible" units.
The protoss primary defense building are photon cannons. The zerg spore colonies also can detect, but they come at a disadvantage when it comes to anti-ground attacks.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, the Zerg are very helpful when it comes to SC2. But unfortunatly for them, the Terrans and Protoss are favored in battle, and can easily destroy zerg attacks.

VOTE PRO!
GavinAurion

Con

GavinAurion forfeited this round.
Brenavia

Pro

My opponet conceds my arguments, for silence is conceding. Carry over all my previous arguments. The Zerg are the worst faction on SC2.

Vote Pro
GavinAurion

Con

GavinAurion forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
BrenaviaGavinAurionTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by boredinclass 6 years ago
boredinclass
BrenaviaGavinAurionTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeit