brian_eggleston
leet4A1

The all new Pak-a-Spak™ Rucksack will be a "must have" accessory for male commuters

Started: 5/29/2009 Category: Technology

brian_eggleston

Pro

Those of us who travel to work by train or metro will know all too well how difficult it is to get a seat in the rush hour and if a male commuter is fortunate enough to get a seat, social etiquette demands that he must give his seat up if he sees a lady standing. This inevitably means that a gentleman is never sat down for very long.

But would his fellow passengers feel that he should relinquish his seat to a perfectly able-bodied woman if he was cradling a disabled toddler in his arms? No, of course not!

Well, that's where Eggleston's Sub-Ethical Enterprises' all new Pak-a-Spak™ Rucksack comes in. You see, concealed within a perfectly normal-looking rucksack is an incredibly lifelike dummy of a small disabled child.

http://getsaucy.files.wordpress.com...

Prior to boarding a crowded train, all a male commuter needs to do is discretely remove the Pak-a-Spak™ dummy from its rucksack, climb aboard the train and sit down to enjoy the ride safe in the knowledge that with a disabled toddler in his arms he nobody will be expecting him to give up his seat to a lady.

Okay, the doll pictured above is just a prototype and it may need some further development before it is officially launched but, in principle, I believe that the all new Pak-a-Spak™ Rucksack will be a "must have" accessory for male commuters

leet4A1

Con

I thank my opponent for posting yet another hilarious debate. I always enjoy reading your debates so I'm glad to have the opportunity to be in one!

My opponent is quite right in stating the annoyance of being a male and commuting by bus or train, and having to give up our seat for every Tomantha, Dickless and Hariet who wishes to steal it. I don't know who created this unwritten rule, but I certainly wasn't at the meeting, and I've gotta live in this society too ya know! So you're pregnant, big deal! I'm lazy and high, but I still managed to score a seat. I digress...

First of all, I agree with my opponent's assertion that any self-respecting able-bodied woman wouldn't dare expect a male to give his seat up were the male holding a disabled toddler. But the Pak-a-Spak, humorously named though it is, would never work. My opponent admits that the photo provided depicts a mere prototype, but unless the final product is an advanced robot capable of possessing and displaying human emotions, it's not gonna fool anybody. This would be expensive and, as far as I know, out of the capabilities of modern science. Hell, you could take a dead toddler to a taxidermist and get it stuffed, and it's still not gonna fool anbody. I think it's also probably illegal. Damn republicans.

The Pak-a-Spak not only isn't a "must have", it's a "must not have". Any guy who pulled out a doll of a disabled toddler and attempted to use it to keep his seat would first be laughed at, then possibly spat on, then the other males of the train would probably beat you up.

A much safer bet would be cross-dressing, so that you yourself could reap the benefits of this unjust and unwritten law of society. Perhaps even slip a pillow down your blouse so you look preggers, which is a double-whammy; even other women will be giving their seat up for you then.

I have nothing against my opponent's plan to deceive commuters to attain or keep a seat. But the deception is pointless if you are likely to get caught, and there is no way somebody would get fooled by the Pak-a-Spak system.

Cheers.
brian_eggleston

Pro

Eureka!

When my opponent very kindly accepted this debate he unwittingly gave me the idea that will make me rich beyond the dreams of Avarice. That's because he wrote:

"Hell, you could take a dead toddler to a taxidermist and get it stuffed..."

Well, I wouldn't go down that path but, as you will observe from the following photos, pig skin and human skin are incredibly similar.

http://www.eatmedaily.com...
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn...

In fact, scientific analysis proves that they are almost identical.

http://cat.inist.fr...

So while using human skin might not be legal or economical, my Pak-a-Spak dummies will be covered in tanned pig skin instead. And, I'll use real horses' hair on their heads too.

Furthermore, their eyes will be closed and their limbs will be weighted with lead in order to simulate a comatosed child. To complete the effect, each Pak--Spak Rucksack will come with a phony saline drip, a small blanket and a mocked-up heart monitor as well.

That way, if any of the passengers challenge the owner, all he has to say is:

"You heartless beast, I'm taking my son home from hospital so he can be with the family for his birthday. I'm hoping the sound of his brothers and sisters laughing and joking will bring him out of his coma."

And if they are still unconvinced and try and get a closer look, all the owner has to do is quickly press a button on the back of the fake heart monitor that will make it flat line, pull the blanket up over the Pak-a-Spak's face and say:

"Blimey! It seems my son has suddenly passed away. Oh well, never mind, I'm sure he's gone to a better place".

This will prevent the Pak-a-Spak owner from being laughed at, spat at and being beaten up as my opponent predicted, as he surely would be if he chose to dress like a lady, which my opponent offered as an alternative suggestion for a gentleman to duck his chivalrous obligations to the fairer sex.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...

leet4A1

Con

I'm glad I provoked a Eureka moment for my opponent, but I'm afraid his new idea is even worse than the first one.

My opponent's new idea for this doll sees it covered in pig skin and horse hair, filled with weighted limbs, accessorized with a fake saline drip, blanket and working heart monitor. The Pak-a-Spak has become cumbersome and expensive, and no more realistic for its troubles. Unless the bus you're travelling on happens to be carrying a lot of "special" people, that doll wouldn't fool passenger one.

MY idea, on the other hand, is foolproof and inexpensive, so long as it is done right. Crossdressing is one of society's oldest customs, and great men all throughout history have done so. Jesus Christ, a once-influential figure in our society, was a well-known cross-dresser, shown here in a lovely two-piece number:

http://www.geocities.com...

Many well-known females are actually males in drag, which shows how realistic it can be:

http://k43.pbase.com...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com...
http://img.tesco.com...

In conclusion, I applaud my opponent for finally making a stand and trying to do something about this sexist and discriminatory rule of society, but I think he is going about it the wrong way. To get the Pak-a-Spak to a level anywhere near realistic, it would cost billions, possibly trillions, of dollars and would almost certainly need to be designed by NASA. As you can see, NASA has enough problems of their own without having to worry about making feux crippled toddlers:

http://milesobrien.files.wordpress.com...

I have shown that there are much cheaper, easier and more effective ways of dodging this dodgy rule of society, and therefore that the Pak-a-Spak is definitely NOT a "must have" accessory for male commuters. Vote CON.
Posted by leet4A1 8 years ago
leet4A1
The pleasure was mine dude. Hopefully we can debate again some time soon.
Posted by brian_eggleston 8 years ago
brian_eggleston
Thanks for a brilliant debate, Leet, I couldn't have hoped for better. Cheers!
Posted by sherlockmethod 8 years ago
sherlockmethod
I'm still laughing. Too much. If I could award originality points then Pro wins, but Con refuted the claims well and ... I'm still laughing, sorry. Con by a comatose nose.
Posted by Clockwork 8 years ago
Clockwork
"Hell, you could take a dead toddler to a taxidermist and get it stuffed, and it's still not gonna fool anbody. I think it's also probably illegal. Damn republicans."

"A much safer bet would be cross-dressing, so that you yourself could reap the benefits of this unjust and unwritten law of society. Perhaps even slip a pillow down your blouse so you look preggers, which is a double-whammy; even other women will be giving their seat up for you then."

Favorited.
Posted by leet4A1 8 years ago
leet4A1
Haha, and a damm funny one at that. I'm gonna take it just for kicks.
Posted by FlashFire 8 years ago
FlashFire
Yup, this is definently a joke
Posted by ChristianM 8 years ago
ChristianM
I WANT THIS DEBATE SOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!! No caps?
Vote Placed by Udel 1 year ago
Udel
brian_egglestonleet4A1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro points out this invention could be helpful at not having men give up their seat. Con says this invention simply will not work but does not deny its utility. pro explains how his invention would work, and Con provides an alternative idea that he says is better. But Con does not deny Pro's invention could work or also be useful.
Vote Placed by Rook 8 years ago
Rook
brian_egglestonleet4A1Tied
Vote Placed by sherlockmethod 8 years ago
sherlockmethod
brian_egglestonleet4A1Tied
Vote Placed by MTGandP 8 years ago
MTGandP
brian_egglestonleet4A1Tied