mangolife23
adilmuhammad

The amendment preventing presidents to serve more than two terms should be abolished.

mangolife23

Pro

First round is acceptance.

**DO NOT ACCEPT THIS DEBATE IF YOU ARE JUST GOING TO FORFEIT ALL THE ROUNDS**
adilmuhammad

Con

ACCEPTED!

ADIL MUHAMMAD from QATAR
mangolife23

Pro

mangolife23 forfeited this round.
adilmuhammad

Con

I excuse my opponent for not posting his argument at time as he was 'swamped' with R06;work.R06;

I'm now going to show out my points....R06;

If the American public wants the president to stay, then the president should stay! I would R06;have thought this was common sense. By restricting a president to two terms only, they R06;are potentially preventing the American public from getting the president they want, it's R06;just stupid and makes no sense at all.R06;
R06; R06;
It should be up to the people how long a president stays in office NOT some stupid peace of R06;ancient paper or antiquated ideas of a bunch of presidents who are long long dead. R06;

A four-year term is nowhere near enough time to affect any real change in the country. If R06;they are lucky enough to get elected to a second term then they might actually see a few R06;results of their efforts. More than likely, though, the president that follows a two-term R06;president will be from the other political party. This will most likely negate any change that R06;has been made since most politicians? decisions are ego based shortsighted. If the majority R06;of Americans are happy to keep re-electing a president then so be it.R06;

What if America was in poor shape and a really great president came along, fixed the R06;country up and had us in the best shape of our history. Unfortunately, the president would R06;have to leave after a second term and leave us with potentially detrimental change. R06;

Yes , I agree that the US presidents should be allowed to serve more than two terms. The R06;constitution of USA states that a president can serve four terms period. But the tradition R06;and the practice started with George Washington who served only two term. And after him R06;every other president served only for two terms. If a president feels that he is doing a good R06;job and so do the citizens of the country US presidents should be allowed to serve more R06;than two terms.R06;

I believe a true democracy is choosing a leader that the people want. Why limit a leader to R06;only two terms if the leader is great? The people who are saying no believe that there R06;would be corruption. However, presidents were allowed to have more than two terms R06;before Truman, and there was no corruption in the elections. People who say no also say R06;that 8 years is long enough. But what if those 8 years were the best years economically R06;and politically? If the people like the president, then the people should be allowed to vote R06;for the president for as many terms. Once the president makes mistakes or a better R06;candidate comes around, then the president won't be re-elected. It's that simple. If R06;presidents were allowed more than two terms, then this country would be doing much R06;better.R06;

As the Declaration of Independence states, we the people have the rights of life, liberty, R06;and pursuit of happiness. Who are we to disobey the rules of our country? Why can the R06;Constitution say that we can't but the Declaration says we can? We can also vote for who R06;we want to be President- our government is a republic in which the people rule through R06;elected officials. The president of the United States should definitely be able to run for more R06;than 2 terms.R06;

I STRONGLY REQUEST VOTERS TO VOTE BY FACT AND POWER OF DEBATE NOT BY OPINION.

Adil Muhammad,

Qatar
mangolife23

Pro

mangolife23 forfeited this round.
adilmuhammad

Con

I grant my opponent more time show his arguments and counter-arguments (rebuttals).
mangolife23

Pro

mangolife23 forfeited this round.
adilmuhammad

Con

I grant my opponent EVEN MORE time to show his arguments and rebuttals.
mangolife23

Pro

I forfeited all the rounds since you obviously did not pay attention to the debate, if you were wondering.

The statement was "The amendment preventing presidents to serve more than two terms should be abolished."

I selected PRO. You selected CON.

Yet, you argued that that amendment SHOULD be abolished. YOU ARGUED THE WRONG SIDE OF THE DEBATE. C'mon, dude. That's not cool. Before you accept a debate actually read it. Seriously, what the heck.
adilmuhammad

Con

:( v. Sad
Posted by adilmuhammad 9 months ago
adilmuhammad
I dont know why my text has R06 R06 everywhere..... I wish voters would not mind that
Posted by mangolife23 9 months ago
mangolife23
Sorry I was swamped with work, I hope you don't hold this against me.