Tosui
antonmae

The amount of time spent on social networking sites

Tosui

Con

I have recently become disturbed by the amount of time both my peers and myself spend on social networking websites.

If you take a moment and think about how much time you browse your Facebook feed, look through your Instagram, and reply to all of your tweets you may or may not be shocked to find out that you most likely average 3 hours a day.

That's 21 hours a week looking at your social networking sites through a screen. I believe this is not only an idiotic use of time, but also harmful to peoples well being.

I look forward to pro's response.
antonmae

Pro

employees..must..be..,,others..must..to.still.connecedt..with.them..you..know..overseas..calls..chats,on.skype..huh
Tosui

Con

I'm a bit confused at the point Pro is trying to make. Are you saying that the amount of time spent is justifiable as long as it's work related? What about the majority of people that use these sites for things other then work? The problem is you are singling out a very small group of people that use social networking for work exclusively opposed to the much greater amount that use it for personal reasons.

Furthermore, I don't feel that using a service such as Skype is even required for work. Businesses obviously were perfectly capable of communication before Skype was made. Calling someone on a phone can allow you to talk to a client or whomever you are dealing with at the time.

In my opinion not only do a very small amount of people use social networking for working only, but those that do could easily use another medium for their job.
antonmae

Pro

antonmae forfeited this round.
Tosui

Con

I guess my opponent forfeits, the next round will just be skipped.
antonmae

Pro

antonmae forfeited this round.