SitaraMusica
jedikns3000

The antigay postion is a religious idea that should not dictate the law.

SitaraMusica

Pro

The antigay position is a religious issue that should not dictate the law. No one has the right to force religion on other people. There is nothing wrong with being gay. If two consenting adults are in love, they have the right to get married.
jedikns3000

Con

By legalizing gay marriage in the U.S. we are not only changing the definition of marriage ,but also the definition of the family. The family is the building block of all society so we have to be careful when legislating laws that deal with the family. The first major change to the family unit in the U.S. was when Reagen passed the first no fault divorce in California. Since no fault divorce crime and welfare have both increased. The government now has to take care of the things that the family use to. In ancient Greek and Rome homosexual relationships were held in higher esteem over heterosexual relationships but they did not change the definition of marriage or the family unit. I am concerned about the need to change the definition of marriage in order to recognize sexual behavior. Think about this for a moment if the government recognizes homosexual relationships should they also recognize polygamous ones? I know you may not think this is possible but consider how the media pushed the homosexual agenda and then think about shows like My Five Wives and Sister Wives representing polygamous relations in a good light. The first time we changed the definition of family it had detrimental effects. Changing marriage is not something to be taken lightly especially since it deals with the basis of society. All laws legislate some type of morality. All religions deal with defining morality. Most religions say that murder is wrong should we allow murder because it is based on someone's religious belief. No of coarse not. Changing the family unit is a serious issue and all decision made toward this institution must be considered carefully including their consequences.
SitaraMusica

Pro

I disagree. Marriage is about love, not gender. Gays have the right right to get married. Same sex marriage will not lead to chaos. That is the slippery slope fallacy. Religious people do not have the right to force religion on people. No one has the right to dictate someone else's life. If you do not like same sex marriage, do not marry the same sex, but you have no to force that on other people.
jedikns3000

Con

jedikns3000 forfeited this round.
SitaraMusica

Pro

Please vote for me because my opponant forfeited.
jedikns3000

Con

jedikns3000 forfeited this round.
SitaraMusica

Pro

SitaraMusica forfeited this round.
jedikns3000

Con

jedikns3000 forfeited this round.
Posted by SitaraMusica 2 years ago
SitaraMusica
You are the one who said it is a sin to be gay,
Posted by SitaraMusica 2 years ago
SitaraMusica
There is nothing wrong with being gay. It is not a sin.
Posted by Vesero 2 years ago
Vesero
Plus Cheynee... I hope you're joking... Cause you have to be as dumb as Sitara of you think that was the main foundation.
Posted by Vesero 2 years ago
Vesero
Oh my god just read for once. Yes it does say in several versions that a man who shall lie with another man shall be stoned to death. I DON'T SUPPORT THIS!!! Screw the bible an the people who made it up, in no ways should it depict our nation. Sure the kings James bible Doesnt, pick up just about any other of the billion f*cking versions and I'm sure you'll find it! I don't support the anti gay! I support free choice! God you're dense. Sin of jealousy and sloth, yet many Christians are both; am I saying that they aren't real Christians? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
... Now that I'm off that tangent... Anyone that comprehends what they read wanting to push forward a proper argument?
Posted by SitaraMusica 2 years ago
SitaraMusica
You are wrong. The King James Bible does not once condemn gays. You need to go look at gaychristian101.com to see the proof. Gays can be Christians. Homosexuality is not a sin. To say otherwise is to commit the no true Scotsman fallacy. You need to read 2 Samuel 1:26.
Posted by Vesero 2 years ago
Vesero
In the bible it's a sin to be gay but in it says all sins are equal. Everyone sins everyday, so really they don't matter.
Posted by SitaraMusica 2 years ago
SitaraMusica
You are wrong. It is not a sin to be gay. Gays can be Christian too.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
miss...... You do not have a clue what the foundation of our faith is.Gay is sin. Simple as that. And we will speak out against it . And we will not let you come in and influence our children with it.You can ram that nasty sex act on YOUR children, but not on ours.
Posted by Vesero 2 years ago
Vesero
I hope you know I was speaking through satire... Or was that directed to someone else?
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
your religion justifies your hate and homophobia , I understand that, it does not make it right.
You takes your religion so literally and to such extremes that you contradict the very basis of your faith.