The apostolic doctrine is the one and only true Christian doctrine

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

First round is preety much for acceptance/introducing your religion/ clarification however you are welcome to state your case early.

Clarification on what i am proposing. I am proposing that the apostolic doctrine is the one true faith. I am mainly looking to debate a catholic or Baptist since there will be more clash and debate. These 3 religions are similar in the sense that they believe God is supreme and they believe in some sort of baptism at least. I believe that the reason so many people are atheist is because of the Popular catholic and Baptist religions. They have changed beliefs through ought the centuries and are even doing so now. A lot of there beliefs and interpretations of the bible actually ironically go against the KJV bible itself.

Intro to what the apostolic doctrine is

Answer: There are several groups which call themselves "Apostolic." Generally speaking, these churches all seek to uphold or return to the teachings and practices of the first church.

According to one of their early writers, the Apostolic Church stands for first-century Christianity in faith, practice, and government, "to make known world-wide the forgiveness of sins through the atoning death of Christ, the baptism in water by immersion; the baptism of the Holy Spirit with signs following; the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit; the five gifts of our Ascended Lord; and the vision called in the New Testament, the Church which is His body." As intimated in that statement, the practice of signs and wonders is an integral part of their doctrine.

The doctrine of the Apostolic Church is similar to most evangelical churches. They believe in the unity of the Godhead and the distinctions between the members of the Trinity. Regarding salvation, they teach the need for conviction of sin, repentance, restitution, and confession for salvation. Like most churches within the Methodist tradition, they teach the possibility of a believer falling from grace. Where they differ from many evangelicals is in the Pentecostal teaching of tongues as a sign of Holy Spirit baptism and in their teaching that the ministry of apostles and prophets should never cease in the Church Age.

This is mostly an accurate description of my religion.

I will be using a argument I made 7 hours ago against another opponent.

Qualifications to accept this debate

1. You have to be some sort of Christian (looking for mainly a Baptist or catholic even seven day evangelist) (my mom used to be seven day)

1. no counter plans

2. Sources will mainly be scriptures (so in 7 point voting scriptures will be what counts as source, links or websites too but yeah scriptures as well)

3. Come in open minded trust me in debate in real life its important to be open minded it's similar here as well.

Pro burden= prove my faith is the one right way to God

Con= prove I am wrong/defend their faith etc. Main goal is to disprove the resolution. If you are a different religion that's Christian that I didn't mention you can debate as well but looking mainly for the ones I did.

I currently attend an Evangelical Free church, but have been to a Baptist/Calvinist church, as well as a non-denomination church, and I go to a Lutheran school.

The basis for my accepting the debate is the key phrase "one and only" true Christian doctrine. Pro has clarified this in the comments, saying that this essentially means that only those of the apostolic faith will be saved.

I believe that the 'signs following' are not essential to the faith (though they are not wrong either). I believe that tongues are not the only sign of the Holy Spirit, nor are they necessarily a result of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

I believe that Christians of many denominations are saved - including Baptists, Methodists, Lutherans, Calvinists, Catholics, and possibly even some Mormons (not important to this debate though). I also believe some from every denomation will not be saved, due to a lack of genuine saving faith.

Ephesians 4:4-6 There is one body, and one spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1. One body

• Proverbs 6:16-19….He that soweth discord among brethren.

• John 17:21 Then they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

• Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

• Gen. 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

• 1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house…

Explanation: Your body is able to think, move and take action because it is inhabited by your spirit. The body of Christ is inhabited by his spirit.

• 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one spirit

• Basically if you want to be in the body of Christ, you must receive the Holy Spirit.

• Romans 8:14-16 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

• You know you have received the Holy Ghost by speaking in tongues.

• Scriptures for this= Isaiah 28-with stammering lips and another tongues

• Joel 2- I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh

• Acts 2- Jewish disciples on the Day of Pentecost

• Acts 10

• Acts 19- disciples of John the Baptist

• Mark 16-17

• John 7:38-39

1. One Faith (there is only one faith, denominations like the Catholic Church that was created around 303 AD are wrong)

• Sometimes the Bible speaks simply of FAITH, but other times it speaks of THE FAITH. There is only one way to God not many as this Baptist preacher suggest

• Might be wrong video idk

Galatians 1:23Paul preached the FAITH which once he destroyed (as Saul)

1 Timothy 1:2 Timothy was Paul’s son in the FAITH

1 Timothy 4:1 you can depart from the FAITH

1 Timothy 5:8 you can deny the FAITH

1 Timothy 6:10 You can err from the FAITH

1 Corinthians 16:13 Stand fast in the FAITH

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourself, whether you are in the FAITH

Ephesians 4:13 Come to the unity of the FAITH

Colossians 1:23 BE grounded and settled in the FAITH

2 Timothy 4:7 Keep the FAITH (he didn’t want humans to change it and form different denominations)

Jude 1:3 earnestly contend for the FAITH which was once delivered unto the saints

Conclusion: God met for one faith focused on Jesus. He didn’t want religions to form especially ones praying to Mary who was simply poor women who had a lot of faith and “housed” the son of God. Yes she was significant for having the faith to believe and carry this out but Jesus is the son of God and therefore superior to Mary since he is 100% deity and 100% man.

1. Baptism
    Baptism is not an option; there is no such thing in the Bible as a Christian who was not baptized.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

If you're not willing to be baptized the bible way, you can't get into the kingdom, but now i will show you how you must use the name of Jesus.

Sub point A: You must be immersed in water
    Because Jesus was baptized by immersion
    Because every baptism in the Bible is by immersion
    Because that's precisely what the word baptism means
    Because it is the best portrayal of a burial and resurrection

Sub point B: You must be baptized in Jesus name
    Every baptism in acts was performed in Jesus' name.

THE DAY OF PENTECOST: Acts 2:38- be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins

THE SAMARITANS: Acts 8:16- they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus

THE HOUSE OF CORNELIUS: Acts 10:48- he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord

THE DISCIPLES OF JOHN: Acts 19:5- they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

TheKryken forfeited this round.

moneystacker forfeited this round.

Due to update related errors, I couldn't post my argument last round. My schedule is now heating up, so maybe it was for the best.

I concede this debate. Vote Pro.

moneystacker forfeited this round.
Posted by TheKryken 9 months ago
Well, sorry about the forfeit. I guess I concede this debate. My computer updated, and for last five hours DDO gave me a HTTP 500 error every time I clicked the Debates tab.
Posted by TheKryken 9 months ago
Should I use this round to present my and address your arguments, or only present my own?
Posted by TheKryken 9 months ago
Ok, then I'd be glad to debate this. I can't accept though, so if you want, challenge me.
Posted by moneystacker 9 months ago
Maybe if I made that more obvious more people would have accepted this debate tbh.
Posted by moneystacker 9 months ago
yeah preety much
Posted by TheKryken 9 months ago
Ok but are you saying that all non-apostolic Christians will not be saved?
Posted by moneystacker 9 months ago
tbh your choice but if you agree with most of my religion it might not be a debate. I see what you mean though and I am glad you at least believe in God and follow him regardless of religion.
Posted by productofrakim 9 months ago
I was suprised I agreed with so much, according to their statemnt of faith. However I disagree with water baotism and the idea that we can lose our salvation. I think baptism is fine but not necessary, so no biggie. However, the idea that god can save us and then we can lose our salvation is heresy. We cant save ourselves or choose to be saved. Its arrogant, undermines gid's soverignity, and the whole reason that jesus came to earth which was to give us what we couldnt give ourselves. Romans 8 spells it out crystal clear:
5 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

While I dont want to debate int the comment section, I am wondering if I should participate. I would liek to however out of the 20 points of their statement of faith I only disagree with one or two of the points. Your thoguhts?
Posted by dsjpk5 9 months ago
I wonder how you will go about providing evidence of doctrines being apostolic.
Posted by TheKryken 9 months ago
So you are saying that Christians of no other denomination/group will be saved? If that's your claim I may be interested.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 9 months ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.